Livernois Tuning released

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I did and I ended up uninstalling mine.

It bricked my truck so many times that I became worried that it would brick it one time too many and I wouldn't be able to recover it.

I think mine is a somewhat isolated incident though.

My tuner and truck hated each other from the start.

Either way, Caveat Emptor.
That's the first one I've heard of as well. That really sucks.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

Cav10x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL, 2019 VW Atlas Premium
I did and I ended up uninstalling mine.

It bricked my truck so many times that I became worried that it would brick it one time too many and I wouldn't be able to recover it.

I think mine is a somewhat isolated incident though.

My tuner and truck hated each other from the start.

Either way, Caveat Emptor.
Sorry to hear that. That had to have been frustrating.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When you say it bricked your truck, do you mean it literally made you unable to drive your truck? Like unable to start it up or boost wouldn’t work etc.??
Yes, dash lit up like a Christmas tree but the starter wouldn't even engage.

After futzing around for about an hour I finally got the stock tune to load.

I wanted it to work and it ran good with the performance tune, but when I switched to the Tow tune it bricked again.

Then bricked yet again when trying to go back to stock.

I would guess I was bricked 6 or 7 times before I decided that this was a $500 learning mistake and I put it on the shelf never to touch my truck again.

I was worried after the last time that at some point it may get to where it can't recover so I cut my losses.

There was someone else on here who got bricked as well, same scenario of messing with it for a while before it would finally upload the file. I don't remember who it was though.

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Yes, dash lit up like a Christmas tree but the starter wouldn't even engage.

After futzing around for about an hour I finally got the stock tune to load.

I wanted it to work and it ran good with the performance tune, but when I switched to the Tow tune it bricked again.

Then bricked yet again when trying to go back to stock.

I would guess I was bricked 6 or 7 times before I decided that this was a $500 learning mistake and I put it on the shelf never to touch my truck again.

I was worried after the last time that at some point it may get to where it can't recover so I cut my losses.

There was someone else on here who got bricked as well, same scenario of messing with it for a while before it would finally upload the file. I don't remember who it was though.
Wow!! Very sorry that happened for you, I guess with computers and tuning there’s always the chance for those errors, unfortunately. I assume you tried going back to Livernois to see if maybe the tunes they sent were perhaps corrupted? At any rate, glad you were able to get it back to normal!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Wow!! Very sorry that happened for you, I guess with computers and tuning there’s always the chance for those errors, unfortunately. I assume you tried going back to Livernois to see if maybe the tunes they sent were perhaps corrupted? At any rate, glad you were able to get it back to normal!
They completely re-wrote my tunes and I still had issues.

I think it may have come from the first time I uploaded when I received a text during the upload. The radio was off along with everything else, but my phone may have still been connected to the truck. Upload Failed and I got a ton of error codes that I was able to clear except for a Crankshaft Position Sensor error that the tuner nor my handheld scanner could clear.

I was afraid to drive the truck for 2-3 weeks while they updated the firmware in the tuner to let me reset the code.

Even after all that I still ended up with a bricked truck too many times for me to be even remotely comfortable with it.

I inquired about returning it but after not driving it for weeks and then finally getting it working, only to fail again when trying to switch tunes, 30 days were long past so it's now a shelf ornament.

After my warranty runs out I may revisit it, but I suspect I will just get the Ford Performance tune and be done now that it supports towing.

Edit: Going over this again makes me rethink the nice offer I currently have to buy the truck, but I don't know what else I would get. Probably just drive my Jeep and wait for the Bronco to be out for a bit.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I am not sure if you are thinking of me or someone else. I have mentioned what you described

Freaked me out at the time, but ultimately I was fine and have been running the towing tune for awhile now after I ran the 91-93 tune for awhile as well. I was going between tunes and it failed several times. If this happens do not try to start, just allow the device to rewrite/recover. It has a feature. Called Livernois and they helped calm me down. Do your uploads during business hours if you can so if you need their help they are available

Moral of the story is pick one tune and stick with it if you can, and be careful when uploading

What I mean is like what you described about the text. Turn off your phone, turn off all the accessories in the truck (AC, radio, bluetooth, auto lights, anything you have plugged into the outlets, etc.), tell your kids and wife to leave you alone for 20 minutes and lock yourself in the garage with a window cracked and something to drink so you won't be tempted to open the doors or anything. It is a good idea to drive it beforehand to make sure the battery is fully charged

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
They completely re-wrote my tunes and I still had issues.

I think it may have come from the first time I uploaded when I received a text during the upload. The radio was off along with everything else, but my phone may have still been connected to the truck. Upload Failed and I got a ton of error codes that I was able to clear except for a Crankshaft Position Sensor error that the tuner nor my handheld scanner could clear.

I was afraid to drive the truck for 2-3 weeks while they updated the firmware in the tuner to let me reset the code.

Even after all that I still ended up with a bricked truck too many times for me to be even remotely comfortable with it.

I inquired about returning it but after not driving it for weeks and then finally getting it working, only to fail again when trying to switch tunes, 30 days were long past so it's now a shelf ornament.

After my warranty runs out I may revisit it, but I suspect I will just get the Ford Performance tune and be done now that it supports towing.

Edit: Going over this again makes me rethink the nice offer I currently have to buy the truck, but I don't know what else I would get. Probably just drive my Jeep and wait for the Bronco to be out for a bit.
I had a problem similar to this on my Focus ST that was tuned. Car would run great and then all of a sudden stumble and lose power. Had to have it towed to the dealer twice. The finally found there was an issue with the cars ECU and had to completely wipe it and reinstall. Didn't have any issued after that.

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Can‘t wait. I’ve done full bolt ones to most vehicles I’ve owned but this is my first time dipping into a tune. From everything I’ve read it is the best bang for your buck, and these guys are the best for this vehicle. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed!
How are you liking the tunes?? Assuming they came in and you were able to get it flashed. :sunglasses:

Cav10x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL, 2019 VW Atlas Premium
I miss my 2013 Focus st ?

I had a problem similar to this on my Focus ST that was tuned. Car would run great and then all of a sudden stumble and lose power. Had to have it towed to the dealer twice. The finally found there was an issue with the cars ECU and had to completely wipe it and reinstall. Didn't have any issued after that.

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the tunes?? Assuming they came in and you were able to get it flashed. :sunglasses:
Got it flashed, easy as could be. It has been non stop raining here since they got in so I haven’t been able to get any real power to pavement ? I can say just normal driving around the transmission seems much more refined.

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Got it flashed, easy as could be. It has been non stop raining here since they got in so I haven’t been able to get any real power to pavement ? I can say just normal driving around the transmission seems much more refined.
Throw that bad beast in S once it dries up and try not to smile, dare you ?

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Does anyone know if the price on Livernois will go back down to $499? I noticed it's back up to full price at $599 for the calibrator with tunes.

Reactions: Doc

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Does anyone know if the price on Livernois will go back down to $499? I noticed it's back up to full price at $599 for the calibrator with tunes.
I had asked the same in another thread. Was going to do it last week then forgot, went to do it the other day and price went back up.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I had asked the same in another thread. Was going to do it last week then forgot, went to do it the other day and price went back up.
My bad, I missed that thread. Same situation - finally getting around to doing it and my cart on the site was empty and price changed. Not that it isn't worth what they're asking, but it was discounted for such a long time is why I'm wondering.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc