Livernois Vs 5 Star Tuning

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Please has anyone here actually used either of these tunes?

What are your opinions from those who have actually experienced either?

Ease of install, added power, flexibility to return to OEM tune, effect on OEM warranty

I am getting a 2019 Ranger tomorrow and I want to install either of these or any others who may be better.

Am familiar with diesel and also VW tunes but I know nothing about the ford 2.3 Ecoboost tunes

Any advice or feedback would be hugely appreciated

Here are some vids on both : Livernois Vs 5 Star Tuning

Livernois: https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631157 Claim Increased horsepower & torque (up to 80hp and 100 ft lbs with our 93-Octane custom tuning)

5 start: https://5startuning.com/product/201...th-choice-of-5-star-custom-tunes-40470-40490/ Claim Increased horsepower & torque up to 66 hp and 90 ft lbs

Thank you
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

Ease of install, added power, flexibility to return to OEM tune, effect on OEM warranty

I am getting a 2019 Ranger tomorrow and I want to install either of these or any others who may be better.

Am familiar with diesel and also VW tunes but I know nothing about the ford 2.3 Ecoboost tunes

Livernois: https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631157 Claim Increased horsepower & torque (up to 80hp and 100 ft lbs with our 93-Octane custom tuning)

5 start: https://5startuning.com/product/201...th-choice-of-5-star-custom-tunes-40470-40490/ Claim Increased horsepower & torque up to 66 hp and 90 ft lbs

Thank you
You you need to add Unleashed Tuning Also.
Regards

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired

Thank you
I have the LIVERNOIS tune installed and it is AWESOME, everything they advertised. They are very easy to work with if you have concerns or a problem and the tunes are super easy to install. Plug into the OBI port and follow the prompts...

OP
OP
tothemax

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Thank you, Much appreciate your response on this thread and your detailed response on the other LIVERNOIS thread

Magnuskrans

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched both of their videos on youtube last night for this very reason! Livernois did the cam and heads and tuning on my 2011 Camaro and it's been perfect and powerful so I was kinda leaning towards them, but I do like the gauge that comes with the 5 Star setup! That thing is cool! 5 Star got 312 hp and 370 tq and Livernois got 306 hp and 380 tq. The 5 Star tune makes max tq at 3450 rpm and max hp at 4900 rpm while the Livernois tune makes max tq at 3240 rpm and max hp at 5k rpm. Look at both of the dyno graphs and decide what you want, but they are pretty close. I'm not sure which one I'm gonna get yet.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I get the power/response gain from these tunes for street use...how would they be of advantage or disadvantage for off roading/overlanding? Touchy throttle might be of hindrance during subtle maneuvers...

Last edited:

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I had a LIVERNOIS tune in my Explorer Sport. I did a lot of homework and hands down the Explorer Guys favored LIVERNOIS with 5 Star coming in second.
When I was getting ready to get the Ranger I returned my Explorer to stock in anticipation of the trade; I had a problem and called LIVERNOIS and they were fabulous with their coming to my aid. Stayed on the phone with me for the best part of an hour and got the issue resolved. During this time I was asked why the return to stock and when I told them I was looking hard at a Ranger they said they had just released their tunes for the Ranger platform, I replied that when I got the $$'s together I would go for it.
That's when they told me all I had to do was send my tuner back with a copy of my bill of sale and they would re-flash it for a Ranger and supply me with the tunes! All it would cost was postage each way! I though "Holy Moley!" I am a customer for LIFE!
Less than a week after I bought my Ranger I was TUNED! And it is awesome!

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I get the power/response gain from these tunes for street use...how would they be of advantage or disadvantage for off roading/overlanding? Touchy throttle might be of hindrance during subtle maneuvers...
Throttle is not touchy but responsive. I asked the same questions from LIVERNOIS and they said that off road and with or without Terrain Management the FORD protocols were still there, just enhanced by the tune. Who doesn't want more HP and Q in their off road travels!?! :)

RickyST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Is everyone keeping the stock plugs in the truck with these tunes or is it recommended to go one heat range colder?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name