Livernois Vs 5 Star Tuning

Robert Toth

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
I'm interested as well. I drive alot for work ard 150/200miles a day so I dont wanna run 93, can u still see decent improvements with 87?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I'm interested as well. I drive alot for work ard 150/200miles a day so I dont wanna run 93, can u still see decent improvements with 87?
Yes, they have an 87 tune.
Regards

Powers303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Yup ngauge, bdx and others.
Regards

Edit
Email Torrie before you go up there if you need a Dyno.
I had no idea they were that close to me. May have to take a trip over there and check it out

Reactions: Doc

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
5 star offers a power train warranty you can purchase for 2, 3, and 5 years. That alone sways me towards them. It also covers aftermarket parts.

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
I was watching YouTube videos of tunes the other day and I can’t remember which tuning company it was now, but they said in the video that in the Ford Warranty book, it states that an aftermarket lift of tune or any other modification does NOT void the factory warranty.
I’ve not found that in the warranty book, so I’m not sure how accurate that is.

Last edited:

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Found this:

“Consumers of aftermarket products are protected by the Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. The Act provides that if something breaks on your vehicle and you take it in for warranty repair, the dealer must honor your warranty unless whatever modifications you have added to your vehicle directly caused the problem in question.”

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Found this:

“Consumers of aftermarket products are protected by the Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. The Act provides that if something breaks on your vehicle and you take it in for warranty repair, the dealer must honor your warranty unless whatever modifications you have added to your vehicle directly caused the problem in question.”
Yep...like cutting the frame to relocate the front diff.... and a frame failure is experienced after this mod.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

sLiVeRwOrM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat, 1970 BMW 2002
I have had 5-Star tune installed for 10k miles now. I tow a 2500# camper in the mtns of CO pretty aggressively. It's great. I use the 87 daily/tow tune. I am happy with 5 Star overall. Sadly my MPG is hovering around 20 with 33in Duratracs. That's a decrease from 14 that I WAS averaging before. My old Focus ST shot UP in MPG with a COBB tune, so I was a tad disappointing with this one decreasing.
What has your MPG been since? I'm also running 33in Duratracs on the 93 daily tune, I got 14mpg avg, running adaptive right now to see if the mpg is affected.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
What has your MPG been since? I'm also running 33in Duratracs on the 93 daily tune, I got 14mpg avg, running adaptive right now to see if the mpg is affected.
I have stock 18"s (265/60/18) and have been running the 5 Star 93 Performance Tune for about 2000 miles now and regularly get 24-26 mpg per tank with it. That's calculating miles driven and the total gallons to refill. If I fill it up and get right out onto the freeway with minimal city driving the trip odometer will hit 28-30 while doing 65-70. So running 33's you should get slightly lower that that if you keep your foot out of it and do a fair bit of highway driving compared to city driving.

sLiVeRwOrM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat, 1970 BMW 2002
I have stock 18"s (265/60/18) and have been running the 5 Star 93 Performance Tune for about 2000 miles now and regularly get 24-26 mpg per tank with it. That's calculating miles driven and the total gallons to refill. If I fill it up and get right out onto the freeway with minimal city driving the trip odometer will hit 28-30 while doing 65-70. So running 33's you should get slightly lower that that if you keep your foot out of it and do a fair bit of highway driving compared to city driving.
I sit at the speedlimit, up to 70mpg. maybe it's because Austin is slightly hilly..

Tillikillit

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
Glorified Knuckle Dragger for NASA
Using the nGauge, I just installed 5 Stars 91 daily/tow tune. Haven't logged enough miles to see the difference in gas mileage, but what I can say is that it is a blast to drive. Substantial difference in low end torque, throttle response and shifting. Disabled auto start stop (ASS) and rpm's stay a bit higher during low speeds. I still have the 87 daily/tow and the 93 performance tunes to try, but Im going to rock the 91 for now seeing as winter in Ohio tends to get messy.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Yep...like cutting the frame to relocate the front diff.... and a frame failure is experienced after this mod.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I would worry more about folks cutting crash bars and what that does with the insurance adjustor after a wreck....Seems a bit skiddish to me but if you want big tires that's what you do, right?
Sponsored