The Dakota R/T was my dream vehicle growing up. There aren't many intact ones left and the ones in good shape are selling for more than what they sold for new. As much as the off-road adventure scene has picked up, I still hold a special place for street trucks. Just something about them screams...
FWIW, I took the TW off when I traded in the Ranger and the gentleman from the forum who bought it had a measurement within an 1/8 of an inch of mine with no issue.
Yes, but the process is ridiculous. He'd be without a ride for a good while and would still need to pull the struts apart. Nearly cheaper to just buy new shocks after the hassle
You could do Fox 2.0s at all 4 corners for like $800 and keep the springs you have, right? You shouldn't need to buy the Ford Fox's if I'm understanding your predicament correctly... Labor to swap them out of the fronts is going to be the worst part unless you're comfortable doing that yourself...
I echo Frenchy's assessment of the tow tune. It's easy to daily and still provides a healthy bump in HP/TQ.
I also might have a Livernois tuner for sale very inexpensively in the Colorado for sale section... ?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Blaster-14-oz-Maximum-Heavy-Duty-Grease-Cartridge-for-Grease-Gun-GR-14C-HDG/302972958
This stuff worked for me NLGI#2 since that's what TW recommends. You could tell when it was needing a refill still though.