First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m curious, if all I tow is a single jet ski do I really need to put in a tow tune? I sold my boat last summer and don't tow anything else now.
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I’m curious, if all I tow is a single jet ski do I really need to put in a tow tune? I sold my boat last summer and don't tow anything else now.
No. I pulled my 1996 Sea Doo Speedster and my S2000 on a trailer on the stock tune and the Ranger worked beautifully in both scenarios. The Ranger has plenty of torque to tow a single jet ski. You won't even notice its there.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
No. I pulled my 1996 Sea Doo Speedster and my S2000 on a trailer on the stock tune and the Ranger worked beautifully in both scenarios. The Ranger has plenty of torque to tow a single jet ski. You won't even notice its there.
I know it can tow, I’ve towed my boat and jet ski. I’m just curious if I need to bother with tow mode for just a jet ski.

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I know it can tow, I’ve towed my boat and jet ski. I’m just curious if I need to bother with tow mode for just a jet ski.
If you are towing you need to bother with tow mode. Why? Simple, it changes the shift patterns and the load sensitivity for optimal performance. There are members on here that report better fuel mileage in tow mode when towing vs regular mode when towing.
Sponsored