Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly probably will never tow in the immediate future, but I do plan on asking for all 5 of the tunes as well just in case. So glad everyone loves this tune, just makes waiting that much harder!!
When you first order and get your tunes it's hard to imagine....but you will get used to the performance gain....but the fun will never run out I promise. Just be careful.....the Po Po will be looking for you now. ;)
Papaw here knows all too well....lol :curse:
Sponsored

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
When you first order and get your tunes it's hard to imagine....but you will get used to the performance gain....but the fun will never run out I promise. Just be careful.....the Po Po will be looking for you now. ;)
Papaw here knows all too well....lol :curse:
I just flashed the 91-93 performance tune yesterday and I can see how it could get me in to trouble haha! Gotta keep a sharp eye out :sunglasses::sunglasses:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I just flashed the 91-93 performance tune yesterday and I can see how it could get me in to trouble haha! Gotta keep a sharp eye out :sunglasses::sunglasses:
Watch out for the ones at the light behind you! ;)

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Just uploaded my stock file and requested tunes. I know I likely won‘t receive them until next week, but fingers crossed they may come through by the end of the day Saturday ?

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Just uploaded my stock file and requested tunes. I know I likely won‘t receive them until next week, but fingers crossed they may come through by the end of the day Saturday ?
Worst case, I’m sure you’ll have them by Monday, mine took exactly 2 days from the time I uploaded the stock tune. Best part is once you have the performance tunes it literally takes like 2 mins to flash, unlike the 15 mins it took for the stock pull, and you’re ready to roll. It’s kind’ve odd ar first, if you have it in regular D, you won’t notice too much difference taking off of you are light on the pedal, then stepping about half way you launch pretty quickly, put it in S and you’re cookin!! Totally different animal, haven’t stopped smiling.

Reactions: Doc

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Worst case, I’m sure you’ll have them by Monday, mine took exactly 2 days from the time I uploaded the stock tune. Best part is once you have the performance tunes it literally takes like 2 mins to flash, unlike the 15 mins it took for the stock pull, and you’re ready to roll. It’s kind’ve odd ar first, if you have it in regular D, you won’t notice too much difference taking off of you are light on the pedal, then stepping about half way you launch pretty quickly, put it in S and you’re cookin!! Totally different animal, haven’t stopped smiling.
Can‘t wait. I’ve done full bolt ones to most vehicles I’ve owned but this is my first time dipping into a tune. From everything I’ve read it is the best bang for your buck, and these guys are the best for this vehicle. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed!

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone messed with the tire size recalibration? I’m trying to read my way through this whole thread and am about half way through and haven’t seen anyone mention it yet. Is it as simple as putting in new size or revolutions per mile in one of the menus?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anyone messed with the tire size recalibration? I’m trying to read my way through this whole thread and am about half way through and haven’t seen anyone mention it yet. Is it as simple as putting in new size or revolutions per mile in one of the menus?
What size are your tires? The stock value is 660 and I adjusted mine to 638 with 265/70/17. It's now close, it's about 1-2 mph off but better than the 5-6 before. The only info I could find was in this post.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/post-139464

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What size are your tires? The stock value is 660 and I adjusted mine to 638 with 265/70/17. It's now close, it's about 1-2 mph off but better than the 5-6 before. The only info I could find was in this post.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/post-139464
I’m running the same size as you. I figured I wouldn’t be able to dial it in exactly, but if I can take a little more of the guess work out of the equation on the highway then I’m happy.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it only writes over 11 blocks of the 95 block stock tune.....

Cav10x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL, 2019 VW Atlas Premium
I just ordered this today and am looking forward to a tow tune. I recently swapped out tires, shocks and added a sway bar to improve towing profile. Has anyone had any issues with these tunes here on the forums? So far I have only seen positive reviews.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just ordered this today and am looking forward to a tow tune. I recently swapped out tires, shocks and added a sway bar to improve towing profile. Has anyone had any issues with these tunes here on the forums? So far I have only seen positive reviews.
As far as the Livernois tune goes I haven't seen anyone here have any issues with theirs. It's nice because you can also calibrate for the bigger tires with the tuner.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I did and I ended up uninstalling mine.

It bricked my truck so many times that I became worried that it would brick it one time too many and I wouldn't be able to recover it.

I think mine is a somewhat isolated incident though.

My tuner and truck hated each other from the start.

Either way, Caveat Emptor.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

It bricked my truck so many times that I became worried that it would brick it one time too many and I wouldn't be able to recover it.

I forgot you had a problem with yours. I should've remembered because it was only a couple weeks ago we had this conversation. :headbang:

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab

When you say it bricked your truck, do you mean it literally made you unable to drive your truck? Like unable to start it up or boost wouldn’t work etc.??
Sponsored