First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
For the road course racing and spirited driving (sports cars), it's recommended to pump up to max tire pressure to stiffen sidewall...I have -13 camber front on my track MINI and tire set at 40...wears very even:like:
What year Mini do you have? I was going to get a 2020 Cooper S, but no manual shift just paddle. My wife decided she wants the 2020 mustang.
Regards
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
For those considering Livernois: I received my Calibrator on Wednesday, emailed Anthony on Thursday afternoon with my vehicle information, received my tunes Thursday evening about 6:30 and installed the tunes a few minutes later. You will need a PC, but I found a refurb on Amazon for $84 that works great. I am a MAC person, but needed a computer in my Garage shop so went with this cheap PC. ECM is still learning the low throttle shifts but I already like the shift strategy. It rarely skips second gear but does if you are super light on the throttle. It has way more passing power and it got 26.7 mpg on a 180 mile round trip to Dallas and back. Best mileage we have logged so far.
Anthony at LIVERNOIS is "The Man!" His responsiveness to customer needs are second to none.
I've had tunes from LIVERNOIS for 4 years now and I couldn't be happier...

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
I guess my post went unnoticed. What kind of mpg's are yall seeing that has had at least a 3" level done? I went from 20 down to around 16 once I got the bigger wheels and tires (and lift).

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I guess my post went unnoticed. What kind of mpg's are yall seeing that has had at least a 3" level done? I went from 20 down to around 16 once I got the bigger wheels and tires (and lift).
I will get a gauge tomorrow on fuel economy. Taking a small trip so I can reset and get an average. I have a level kit with 275-55-20's and tuned.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Did you correct the tire diameter in ECM so it can perform an accurate mpg calculation? If not, then that is one of your problems. We had a loaner from our dealer that had larger diameter off road tires mounted and the best mileage I could get out of it was 18.

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Are you rocking P’s or LT’s? Just curious because I’m debating tires. TIA

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you correct the tire diameter in ECM so it can perform an accurate mpg calculation? If not, then that is one of your problems. We had a loaner from our dealer that had larger diameter off road tires mounted and the best mileage I could get out of it was 18.

And you do that how? I did a search on the googles and found nothing.

Are you rocking P’s or LT’s? Just curious because I’m debating tires. TIA
I am running Pro Comp 275/65R20 AT tires. Really interested in this 5Star but more for the mpgs...lol

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

I am running Pro Comp 275/65R20 AT tires. Really interested in this 5Star but more for the mpgs...lol
But you still didn’t answer his question... What are the alphanumerics in front of the 275? LT or P?

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But you still didn’t answer his question... What are the alphanumerics in front of the 275? LT or P?
Can you even get AT tires in P?

They are LT.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What year Mini do you have? I was going to get a 2020 Cooper S, but no manual shift just paddle. My wife decided she wants the 2020 mustang.
Regards
My MINI was purchased 2003 new and modified quite a bit over time. It's a nice track/twisty sport car with 6 speed and 290hp:)

Reactions: Doc

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Your dealer can do it for you.

The Livernois MyCalibrator has the tire size and gearing adjustment capabilities as well.

Last edited:

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
For the road course racing and spirited driving (sports cars), it's recommended to pump up to max tire pressure to stiffen sidewall...I have -13 camber front on my track MINI and tire set at 40...wears very even:like:
Off topic, but if you're on a track you definitely don't want your tires inflated to their max pressure. Maybe that's the case with a certain tire, but on most ultra high performance tires you will lower tire pressures from normal street driving.
Also, I'd love to see pics of your car with -13 camber up front. Are you sure you didn't mean -3 degrees? I run -3 degrees on my S2000, and you can easily see the camber just by looking. -13 would be all crooked like the "stanced" cars.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic, but if you're on a track you definitely don't want your tires inflated to their max pressure. Maybe that's the case with a certain tire, but on most ultra high performance tires you will lower tire pressures from normal street driving.
Also, I'd love to see pics of your car with -13 camber up front. Are you sure you didn't mean -3 degrees? I run -3 degrees on my S2000, and you can easily see the camber just by looking. -13 would be all crooked like the "stanced" cars.
Yes, you're right...it's been a while since I looked at my own specs...it's actually -2.1...-13 would look and handle ridiculous :)

Last edited:

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
What is the general choice for a CAI? I had a K & N on my 2012 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost. Any better systems out there? Also, concerning these tunes that can boost HP and TQ, considerably too! Are these harmful to the life of the powertrain? I know there isn't a lot of data out on the Ranger but there is on other ecoboosts.
Sponsored