First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Pool operations
At this point I would guess I have had the tow tune for roughly 19,000 miles. Find you my truck has over 37,000 miles on it at
Im just kinda freaking out from last nights post from the guy with the 5star tune blowing his engine :(
Sponsored

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Im just kinda freaking out from last nights post from the guy with the 5star tune blowing his engine :(
It's obviously a risk you have to take but I don't think anyone knows enough about that for us to worry or not.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's obviously a risk you have to take but I don't think anyone knows enough about that for us to worry or not.
It really sounds like a mechanical failure but anything can happen with a tune. If you want to be safe get the Ford tune with the warranty and for most here that's plenty of extra power.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As others have said its at your own risk but i will also state the main reason for going with Livernois over 5 Star is the quality. How so you ask? Well here in BEAUTIFUL Colorado we have the Rockies and they tend to have some passes that go up to 11,000ft in elevation. Well for 5 Star you have to geta "special" tune for it to work in that high of an elevation. For Livernois it automatically adjusts like it was designed from the factory and doesnt throw you into limp mode. That alone was enough for me. Also the Tow tune focuse more on efficiency over power. Yes to do gain more power but you still are in a safe reliable area.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got Mrs. Quail Guy out for a little Saturday night romp down on College Avenue in Fort Collins....lol. It was an interesting evening. We encountered a hippy in a brand new X5 Beamer that just could not get over the Ranger and just had to run me 3 times....lol. He was a REALLY nice dude and was just having a blast getting his tail handed to him by me. ;) Funny....he never could get closer than a car length to me each time. So as the evening went on we encountered several other groups of cars marauding down the Avenue....Twice she said "take me home, I don't want to get arrested"....lol. So anyway, we end up running a brand new EcoBoost Mustang that just handed me MY tail big time!.....lol. I did manage to smoke the tuned GTI that was running in the middle lane of the 3 lane showdown. We only were out about an hour. As we got close to home I asked her "so did you have fun"....she looks at me out of the corner of her eye, shook her head, and said "YES!" LMAO :turkey:

I knew there was a reason I've been married to this girl for almost 37 years....she be FUN!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap::clap:......GO CHIEFS!!!