First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Yes you're correct the Ford tune costs more and IIRC you have to have them (Ford dealer) instal it. With the Livernois tune you can instal it yourself and you get all of their tunes which is currently 5. This way you can try them all out and see which one you like best. t only takes 2-3 minutes to flash between tunes.

The FPT is designed by Livernois but on a scaled down version. I realize some like the idea of retaining your warrantee but honestly I wouldn't worry to much. These eco boost are capable of a lot more than even these tunes provide but yes, anything can happen when tuning. So for peace of mind some like the FPT and it still gives you a huge improvement over stock.
Thank you. I am not worried as I previously had a Focus ST with a Steeda tune, for a number of years. I was very happy with it and also had their CAI, aft engine mounts and an MBRP cat back exhaust. That car embarrassed many a $60 BMW and Audi’s. I would just remove the aftermarket tune and install the factory one the few times it went back to Ford for recalls.
Car had over 70k on it when I sold it and like others here have stated when I could drive it sensibly the mileage actually increased by 2-3 MPG.
Brian
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you. I am not worried as I previously had a Focus ST with a Steeda tune, for a number of years. I was very happy with it and also had their CAI, aft engine mounts and an MBRP cat back exhaust. That car embarrassed many a $60 BMW and Audi’s. I would just remove the aftermarket tune and install the factory one the few times it went back to Ford for recalls.
Car had over 70k on it when I sold it and like others here have stated when I could drive it sensibly the mileage actually increased by 2-3 MPG.
Brian
I'm seeing about 2 mpg increase since tuning when I can drive it normal. ? There are several here who drag theirs and have added other things for hp gains and I don't recall anyone having any issues. For $500 it's a great deal and Livernois has great customer service too.

You get free updates and additional tunes if/when available. Another bonus is if you ever decide to sell your Ranger you can send them the MyCal and they will re-tune it for free to your next vehicle. All you pay is the shipping.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing about 2 mpg increase since tuning when I can drive it normal. ? There are several here who drag theirs and have added other things for hp gains and I don't recall anyone having any issues. For $500 it's a great deal and Livernois has great customer service too.

You get free updates and additional tunes if/when available. Another bonus is if you ever decide to sell your Ranger you can send them the MyCal and they will re-tune it for free to your next vehicle. All you pay is the shipping.

+1 on all accounts

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I don't have a guide but the reading you get on the My Touch Calibrator for Air/Fuel is a Lambda reading. It is different then wide band and a bit more precise for the PCM. I myself monitor the following: Map and BP(I use them for boost calculations) Transmission Temp, Cat Temp(calculated value but better than nothing) Coolant Temp and Cylinder Head Temp(I watch the correlation between this and Coolant so I know if a leak is present without opening the hood). What you watch is up to you. Tire pressure is also avalible in the intrument cluster. I cant speak for the XL but I know for sure the XLT and Lariat do.
Hey Frenchy if you were going to put three gauges up on your dash in the little change tray in amount which three would you choose?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If i was only doing that and that was my only optuon i would chose the following,
Engine oil pressure
Engine oil temperature
Transmission temperature
Even though boost is nice to see it isnt as important as these 3.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
If i was only doing that and that was my only optuon i would chose the following,
Engine oil pressure
Engine oil temperature
Transmission temperature
Have to do some plumbing for the first two our trucks don't have the sensors for them. Only a pressure switch, yeah idiot lights. ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Engine oil pressure
Engine oil temperature
Transmission temperature
I think I'm going to do boost, oil pressure and trans temp. You are right about oil temp but I want to see that boost gauge rock! Another option would be to leave the tuner on the window, isn't oil temp a gauge in the Livernois tuner?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Have to do some plumbing for the first two our trucks don't have the sensors for them. Only a pressure switch, yeah idiot lights. ?
Sadly its seems that just getting wires/sensor lines from the cab to the engine is difficult at best. Just based on posts I've read. I haven't tried to find a way. I did see a guy running wires under the cab and up through a rubber grommet under the drivers footwell.

OP
OP
Sign1941

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@importfighter01. Unfortunately we do not have those options in the my touch calibrator. The ones I watch are listed above.

Yetitiarc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Pool operations
Unfortunately I have never put my truck on the dyno at this time. I have also asked livernois's for a Dyno sheet but they have not provided one and told me that the reason for the tow tune is really just to increase efficiency without going stupid crazy. Now I can say with running the tow tune daily I have noticed an increase on the low to mid-range power and a little bit more efficient shift points. Also the fuel mapping has been cleaned up by a lot and I have gained fuel mileage with it. How much you might ask? Probably about 2 miles a gallon at best. It really depends on my driving conditions of where I'm going what he'll am I hitting am I going up it or down it and whether the wind is at my back or at my face. If the winds at your face I'm sorry there's not much you can do because fuel mileage is going to be tossed right out the window lol. Other than that I can say it's well worth having. I run it all the time just for the fact that there are times I tell with my truck and when I go off-road I want my power to be focused at the low to mid-range. The performance tune is good but it's more focused for max power and at the top end.

Hope this helps.
How many miles have you had the tow tune? I want to instal this one as well , thanks

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still looking for PID files that work on the Ranger for the OBDII setup with Torque Pro to get more gauge data from the available factory programming. I have poured over the Focus RS and F150 forums but I'm still a bit fuzzy on this subject. Learning everyday is my goal...lol
Question for the group....is "Timing Advance" the same thing as "Knock"?
Please explain.....
Trying to make sense of sensor data I can access with the setup I'm running right now.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How many miles have you had the tow tune? I want to instal this one as well , thanks
At this point I would guess I have had the tow tune for roughly 19,000 miles. Find you my truck has over 37,000 miles on it at
Sponsored