First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Installed mine a couple weeks ago. I haven't done a lot of scientific testing yet, but I did do 0-60 runs. Long story short, the 91-93 performance tune spins the tires through the first 3-ish shifts. Managed to get a 5.6 second 0-60 in 4x4, but had to stop and go home for dinner.

As a side note, my truck is now more powerful than the traction control. I make a left turn onto a busy 4-lane highway daily, and if I'm not careful I'll get sideways.

I've always loved my truck, but damned if I don't love it even more now!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Installed mine a couple weeks ago. I haven't done a lot of scientific testing yet, but I did do 0-60 runs. Long story short, the 91-93 performance tune spins the tires through the first 3-ish shifts. Managed to get a 5.6 second 0-60 in 4x4, but had to stop and go home for dinner.

As a side note, my truck is now more powerful than the traction control. I make a left turn onto a busy 4-lane highway daily, and if I'm not careful I'll get sideways.

I've always loved my truck, but damned if I don't love it even more now!
This is a really great tune! I'm always impressed with the power and torque it now has. I was coming home the other day on a long open stretch and was doing 70, hit the gas and before you know it I was at 108. It really gets up there fast when you're already at cruising speed. Got to be careful as I don't want to mess up my good driving record now. ?

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I asked them for the soft shift last week and have been running it for a couple hundred miles now. Gotta say it's precisely what I was looking for. They call it "Softer shift" too, not soft. Important distinction because the default perf tune shifts really hard in my opinion and this tune shifts just hard enough for me. Will also say that the learning period on this tune was almost unnoticeable. Only had about 3 jolts from the tranny in the past 200+ miles.

I am very pleased with this tune and am happy each time I drive my truck that I ditched the other tune I was running and switched over to Livernois!

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I asked them for the soft shift last week and have been running it for a couple hundred miles now. Gotta say it's precisely what I was looking for. They call it "Softer shift" too, not soft. Important distinction because the default perf tune shifts really hard in my opinion and this tune shifts just hard enough for me. Will also say that the learning period on this tune was almost unnoticeable. Only had about 3 jolts from the tranny in the past 200+ miles.

I am very pleased with this tune and am happy each time that I drive my truck that I ditched the other tune I was running and switched over to Livernois!
What was the other Tune?
Regards
Doc

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
What was the other Tune?
Regards
Doc
5-star. They did their best to make it right for me, even put my truck on their Dyno for free. But at the end of the day their tune just didnt work right for me. I've made several other posts about it on here.

Reactions: Doc

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Their website only lists 2019-2020. Does anyone know for sure if the tuner works on a 2021? I'm finally able to get back into a Ranger and will miss the Livernois tune I had on my 2019.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This not work with 21?
100% worth it yes. We are redoing our website and just haven't updated it yet to say 2021. If you have a 21 please call me we can place an order.

Their website only lists 2019-2020. Does anyone know for sure if the tuner works on a 2021? I'm finally able to get back into a Ranger and will miss the Livernois tune I had on my 2019.

Glad you're able to get back into a Ranger so quickly! :like: It looks like they have the tune for the 2021 but you have to call them per the post above. BTW what are you getting?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...r-mycalibrator-touch-tuner.11530/#post-220885

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
What did I miss? Why are you out of a Ranger?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Glad you're able to get back into a Ranger so quickly! :like: It looks like they have the tune for the 2021 but you have to call them per the post above. BTW what are you getting?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...r-mycalibrator-touch-tuner.11530/#post-220885
What did I miss? Why are you out of a Ranger?
COVID related layoff and sold the 2019 to make sure we had the essentials covered. I pick up a 21 Carbonized Gray FX4 Lariat this week. Missed having a Ranger!

Thanks for the linked quotes. Crazy how you can never find these things when you need them. :thumbsup:

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
I literally read through all 54 pages of this thread and by the end, congratulations guys, yet another one to join the Livernois club. Just ordered today! I’m definitely new to the tune game, in fact this is the first turbo vehicle I’ve owned. Runs great as is but looking for that “extra something” and from what I’ve read, this is it! Very cool these forums exist and everyone shares their experiences, super helpful. I think I read a few running the tune with the MBRP 3inch catback exhaust (the only upgrade I have so far) I assume the catback joined with tune works great, anyone currently Livernois tuned w/mbrp exhaust as well? hoping it screams a little more with the tune.

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Thank you very much for all of the kind words guys! Really appreciate everyone sharing their feedback. We do support the 2021 model year vehicles and thanks for bringing that it's not listed on the website to our attention. I will have the web team update the fitment listings online for this.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I literally read through all 54 pages of this thread and by the end, congratulations guys, yet another one to join the Livernois club. Just ordered today! I’m definitely new to the tune game, in fact this is the first turbo vehicle I’ve owned. Runs great as is but looking for that “extra something” and from what I’ve read, this is it! Very cool these forums exist and everyone shares their experiences, super helpful. I think I read a few running the tune with the MBRP 3inch catback exhaust (the only upgrade I have so far) I assume the catback joined with tune works great, anyone currently Livernois tuned w/mbrp exhaust as well? hoping it screams a little more with the tune.
Yeah, I had the single side exit MBRP on before I got the tune. Can't say there is a notable difference between before and after on the sound, but the tune is happy with the exhaust and the "sound" has actually gotten slightly deeper as time has gone by. Still not a whinny mess, so good choices by me and if you do the same for yourself you should be happy. Good luck!!:thumbsup:

EDIT - running the performance tune 91 octane and that's plenty of "extra something" to start with unless you're a land speed record setter...close...whoosh!!!

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Yeah, I had the single side exit MBRP on before I got the tune. Can't say there is a notable difference between before and after on the sound, but the tune is happy with the exhaust and the "sound" has actually gotten slightly deeper as time has gone by. Still not a whinny mess, so good choices by me and if you do the same for yourself you should be happy. Good luck!!:thumbsup:

EDIT - running the performance tune 91 octane and that's plenty of "extra something" to start with unless you're a land speed record setter...close...whoosh!!!
Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for, I have the exact same, single side exit, while it’s mellow, still impressed with the sound considering our engine size. I’ll also start off running the 91 performance tune, hot weather is near here in AZ so I plan to do that for the next 5 months or so the maybe flash the 87-89 performance during cooler months. Who knows, I may be so addicted to the way the 91 feels may be hard to change anything up!
Sponsored