First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
I've had many trucks but this is the first turbo I've ever owned so I'm new to tuning trucks too. I wasn't trying to be a jerk with my response just noting that the reviews weren't all that good and you're better off spending money on a quality tune. :)

I've been going back and forth on getting one but right now I'm still undecided. I like this one along with Unleashed but leaning more towards Unleashed because I have a Mac and this one you need Windows to run it. I'm not partitioning my HD (I hate Windows!) and I'm not buying a cheap PC just to rune a tune and it'll never be used again. Sorry but it's 2020 and more people own Macs now and this should be compatible for both.
No exprerience with unleashed,but this Livernois tune is worth picking up a cheap laptop pc. I have mainly apple products but still have PCā€™s around just because...
The cheap laptop I picked up was also useful for Forscan duties
Iā€™m in N.E. Phx,and as you know,heat kills performance as well.But with this tune on my truck,and 33ā€™s,it will bark the tires into 3rd all day!
Sponsored

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Thank you. So I buy the widget, load racecar tune onto it, plug it into my truck, upload that tune (program, file, whatever), unplug and go race a corvette. Then when I need the trailer, I load a tow tune on my computer with widget plugged into computer, go out to truck, plug in widget and up load tow tune.

Is that right?

Does this interfere with the ForScan stuff?
Co2ranger answered most of your follow-up question to me. ?
Will not interfere with forscan. You can load several tunes on the "widget " ? only one tune to the truck at a time. You don't need a pc once your tunes are on your "widget ".

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No exprerience with unleashed,but this Livernois tune is worth picking up a cheap laptop pc. I have mainly apple products but still have PCā€™s around just because...
The cheap laptop I picked up was also useful for Forscan duties
Iā€™m in N.E. Phx,and as you know,heat kills performance as well.But with this tune on my truck,and 33ā€™s,it will bark the tires into 3rd all day!
That's impressive with 33's! I do have a friend close by with a pc so I guess I could use that just to download it.

Without having to go back and re-reading all this do you have to run 91+ or can you still run regular?

Last edited:

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Co2ranger answered most of your follow-up question to me. ?
Will not interfere with forscan. You can load several tunes on the "widget " ? only one tune to the truck at a time. You don't need a pc once your tunes are on your "widget ".
Thanks a lot. I've been a bolt turner, had a rat rod shop, built race trucks and stuff like that, but this thing is my first space ship.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Same here. So we understand the difference between mechanic and technician.
Abso-freaking-lutely. It's really cool to be a kid again and learn all this new stuff.

When I sold 3 trucks to get the money to buy this thing I was really bummed I wouldn't have anything fun to play with and tinker around with and after a year, I'm now even more obsessed with the Ranger. I freaking love this truck.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Unleashed 93 octane tune ..WiFi BDX tuner...

72FE7824-AC70-48A0-BC84-DDC1A26250A9.jpeg

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Without having to go back and re-reading all this do you have to run 91+ or can you still run regular?
There are a couple different octane choice performance tunes. You just have to pick which one to load into your truck and run the appropriate octane gas :thumbsup:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
For me the nice thing about the Livernois tuner is the fact it came with 3 tunes included....87-89 performance, 91-93 performance an the tow tune. I didn't want to lock myself in to running 93 all the time an right now I'm pretty happy with 89. There are other companies that offer tunes if you're dead set against using a PC. one doesn't need computer support at all, it runs off your wifi an is self contained. I had a tuner for my Harley like that but it's hard to find a local dyno tuner that uses that system. I guess it's harder for them to use an has limitations the others don't have.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
That's impressive with 33's! I do have a friend close by with a pc so I guess I could use that just to download it.

They will give you 3 different tunes to chose from,so you can run the fuel you want,and have the ability to run one for towing.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Thank you very much for your order! We do offer vinyl decals and windshield banners in white, silver, and black currently. But they are gloss not matte unfortunately. We also have apparel, plate frames, and Powered By Livernois dome emblems as well. Here's a link to some of these on our website for more info. Feel free to shoot me PM with your name / email address if you'd like and I can make sure we have received everything needed for your tune request. Thanks again for your business Gary!
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/memorabilia/page/2
[/QUOTE]

ā€˜Question if I may,Just installed the AFE blade runner intake pipes.Do you guys have a revised set of tunes to accommodate these?
Thanks for your help,really loving what you guys offer to this platform!!!

Gary

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
Has anyone hit the load/tow button? Is there any difference? Or does the load/tow function get disabled?

Does it alter how "S" mode works?

I thought I read somewhere that tire size can be altered. Is that a function of the tune or can the instrument modify that? Will it work as a diagnostic tool or is it strictly as a tool to download and upload tune files?

I have EFI Live for my car and can modify pretty much anything I might care to. In other words, I can really screw it up. Just curious if this can do the same.

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
From what I can tell both the Tow button and Sport mode make the same changes as they did before adding the tune.

I also must say again that I love the 93 octane performance tune! I drove 150 highway miles today and the display reported 27.1 mpg.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
From what I can tell both the Tow button and Sport mode make the same changes as they did before adding the tune.

I also must say again that I love the 93 octane performance tune! I drove 150 highway miles today and the display reported 27.1 mpg.

Appreciate the response. I was hoping everything still worked as before. Sounds like the increase in economy is a big plus.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Appreciate the response. I was hoping everything still worked as before. Sounds like the increase in economy is a big plus.
I think the mileage is very Obtainable. I just did a complete tank of mixed highway/city and posted 26.6. But you canā€™t stick your foot in it.
Sponsored