First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I'm fairly happy with the fox especially offroad. I don't want to increase the spring preload to lift more, I'm going to likely get UCA and then a little 1 inch spacer and adjust the struts to match. But tires definitely hides the rake. I'll likely keep. A bit of rake and get the OME rear springs.
20210523_182123.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jspetree

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Here's mine with the FP Fox 2.0 lift and Firestone Destination XT 255/75R17 tires instant.

PXL_20210630_140517012.jpg
That looks perfect—exactly what I'm looking for with my truck. It's interesting that the FP Fox kit comes preloaded at the correct height while the regular Fox kit does not. I'm dreading another trip to the shop just to have them take everything off, adjust slightly, then reinstall. In fact, I don't think my current rake really warrants that much time and expense. I'm hoping just a new set of tires will make the difference

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Truck in stock form the day I drove it off the lot

1625336965308.jpeg

Truck with Falken Wildpeak A/T3w 265/70R18. 2" taller at 32.6"

1625337044760.jpeg

Truck with the Ford Performance Fox 2" Leveling kit and the Falken Wildpeak A/T3w tires that are 2" taller than stock.

Level Kit.jpg

So far I like the ride much better than stock. Firmer without being harsh so far and got rid of that floaty feeling. No more bouncing on bumps like before. Just got it done this morning so I'll need to get it in for an alignment real soon. The sooner the better. I will also now need a set of new rock sliders to help me get in. What a way to justify rock sliders to the significant other. Gee honey, the truck sits to high now so we need rock sliders because it's harder to get into the truck. LOL

We'll see how it works out and wheter I like it or not. :)

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
It'll end up looking somewhat like this, ignore my glider.

For the OP I'm led to believe your front coilovers were not adjusted properly for the full level/lift when they were installed. Mine has the Ford performance version of the Fox 2.0 that are adjusted correctly when you receive them.
So this is the Fox 2.0 on the highest adjustment settings? With the spacers? Also, what size tires are those?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
My canned response to lift questions here:

An IFS lift only gives you more tire clearance at ride height. Too big a tire will not clear offroad, but it might be ok for the street (Mall Crawler).

But the downside of lifting IFS is, a lift reduces your total down travel.

You are just pushing the suspension down through it's total range of travel, because the pivots and geometry are the same. A true extended coilover might give you 1" extra of down travel, but not a lot. *Unless we are talking about a complete long travel kit with LCAs

You do gain approach, break over, and departure angle from a lift, but again at the cost of reduced down travel.

The general rule is, fit the largest tires that you want, with the smallest amount of lift.

But at the end of the day an IFS equipped midsize truck should be running a 33 or smaller. This goes for Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Chevy, Ford, etc.

For the Ranger the most popular size tires are the 285/70/17 and the 255/80/17.

You need aftermarket crash bars for the 285s.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
So this is the Fox 2.0 on the highest adjustment settings? With the spacers? Also, what size tires are those?
It's the Ford version of the Fox 2.0 kit as sent by fox, I did not adjust anything and there are no spacers of any kind.

Tires are 265/70 r18

mattyshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler, Looking into Ranger
I read that ICON and Fox are different that Fox is progressive shock and icon is digressive. Maybe mix ICON and Fox might not be as good idea. Simplest would adjust the front shock preload probably.

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
It's the Ford version of the Fox 2.0 kit as sent by fox, I did not adjust anything and there are no spacers of any kind.

Tires are 265/70 r18
Do you think you could fit a larger tire at that height? Also, do you have spacers?

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a readylift 3in with 1in block. Pretty satisfied. Might get the block removed though.
20210517_112724.jpg
20210618_135550.jpg
Truck looks sick BigRob! I have the same color but my wheels and tires are different and I didn't lift mine but have a 3" level on it.

20220519_194520.jpg

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Do you think you could fit a larger tire at that height? Also, do you have spacers?
Any larger tire or spacers and you'll get rubbing on the crash bars. The way I have it the tire size is maxed out without more modifications.

Just so it's crystal

Ford fox 2.0 kit untouched height collar and installed as they came out of the box.

265/70-18 on stock 18 " wheels ( 55 offset ) black package or Lariat wheels.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
People will tell you the Fox's are ajusted at 2" of lift out of the box, but I can tell you from first hand knowledge and dealing with this literally daily with customers, they are not. It's really a crap shoot. Fox doesn't give a measurement either.

One note is these can not be adjusted on the truck, as they are a aluminum body, and you can destroy the threads.

This is my truck when we ran the Fox 2.0's. (on 4th Shock set up now) These are set at about 2" here.

20220317_114018.jpg

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
People will tell you the Fox's are ajusted at 2" of lift out of the box, but I can tell you from first hand knowledge and dealing with this literally daily with customers, they are not. It's really a crap shoot. Fox doesn't give a measurement either.
I haven't seen anybody yet here say that the FORD version of the Fox 2.0 kit was not adjusted correctly out of the box. We've seen several threads where the standard Fox 2.0 kit has not been adjusted from the manufacture.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

One note is these can not be adjusted on the truck, as they are a aluminum body, and you can destroy the threads.

This is my truck when we ran the Fox 2.0's. (on 4th Shock set up now) These are set at about 2" here.

20220317_114018.jpg
Nice truck, where is the picture taken?

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

20220317_114018.jpg
What is your set up?
Sponsored