Tuned by Ford Fox 2.0 Coilovers are different than aftermarket Fox 2.0 kit

LM927

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I say try them out before ordering new springs. You might like them alot!!! All the reviews o have seen on here and other places on the interweb has been pretty good!! I would have gotten the Fox kit myself if Old Man EMU didn't release thier kit.
I will try before, I already have Fox rear shocks and I love them. They make the rear suspension a little stiffer, but it’s much more comfortable and eliminated the bouncing. With a lot of people saying it makes the truck stiffer I was afraid being too much.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I will try before, I already have Fox rear shocks and I love them. They make the rear suspension a little stiffer, but it’s much more comfortable and eliminated the bouncing. With a lot of people saying it makes the truck stiffer I was afraid being too much.
To me it seemed softer when I did my suspension swap. I had one person say it was more firm but that isnt how I interpreted it. Thankfully the bouncyness was eliminated and bumbs on the road were much more tolerable. I'm sure the front shocks from Fox will give you similar results. For offroad they are supposed to be nice too!!!

LM927

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I think it’s useful even for other applications, like Eibach or Bilstein front shocks that comes w/o springs. So Fyi one of the screenshots show the options of the 14” spring, and the other the 16”.

146AB979-3210-4B68-BE9E-3B1F40EA3BD2.png

B57D727D-4D88-4BD4-87D5-84E99538668B.jpeg

LM927

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
To me it seemed softer when I did my suspension swap. I had one person say it was more firm but that isnt how I interpreted it. Thankfully the bouncyness was eliminated and bumbs on the road were much more tolerable. I'm sure the front shocks from Fox will give you similar results. For offroad they are supposed to be nice too!!!
When installing the rear shock I notice they require at least 4 times more force to compress than the FX4s (they can be compressed with one hand easily) but since the foxes are better engineered they are smoother even though they are a little stiffer. It’s confusing, I know. The front ones are the same thing, the springs are stiffer, but the shocks do a better job and make it feel smoother.
Ps. I don’t know how the non-FX4 behave.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious if anyone has done a side by side comparison yet of the Fox 2.0 and the Ford Performance Fox 2.0 kits yet?

Joem

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
To my understanding the fix to your problem with wanting to keep factory ride height is simple. Just chabge the rear shocks out to Fox or perhaps the Eibach's. Also the Fox and possibly the Eibach's can be set to factory ride height.
I ended up putting Bilstein Struts on front which gave me a half inch lift and Bilnsteon
Right now I'm thinking that the 2.5's would be too stiff for me on road, but I really haven't heard much. I would be very interested in what you think.

I don't think of the Fox 2.0's as a leveling kit. It's the vendors who sell them that refer to them that way for marketing purposes I believe. From my understanding, both the Tuned by Ford and standard Fox kit are set for a 2" lift. That still leaves an inch difference front to rear. I don't want my truck level either and I know the ride will suffer with any coilover that you crank to the max lift.

I'm beginning to think that the standard Fox 2.0 coilover kit, tubular UCA's, and an aftermarket rear leaf spring would be a good combo for me. I won't know until the rear shocks are changed, but the rear feels like there is limited upward travel that results in a less than stellar ride over bumps. I just wouldn't want much more than a 1" lift in the rear if I could avoid it.

I have noticed the same thing. If the truck goes through any small type of whoop d do's on the hwy, the front moves up and down far too much and the back almost yaws side to side. It's not exaggerated, but you definitely notice it. I think this is what made some reviewers and others get the "car sick" feeling.

As Frenchy said, you can always try the rear shocks first. If that doesn't get you where you want, then you can purchase the front coilovers to go with it and lower the collars down for the factory ride height.
i ended
To my understanding the fix to your problem with wanting to keep factory ride height is simple. Just chabge the rear shocks out to Fox or perhaps the Eibach's. Also the Fox and possibly the Eibach's can be set to factory ride height.
i ended up putting Bilstein struts on front that gave me half inch lift and Bilstein shocks on rear with Hellwig overload springs and my ride is great towing and better than stock when not towing, pretty much eliminated porpusing

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
So we still don't know the difference between Ford performance and Ford Fox. Why is it so hard to find this info?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Too my understanding the main difference will be in the Springs. The shock valving may or may not be slightly different as well.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Too my understanding the main difference will be in the Springs. The shock valving may or may not be slightly different as well.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out which one would be "softer". Very close to saying F-it and just order the Roush one.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
So we still don't know the difference between Ford performance and Ford Fox. Why is it so hard to find this info?
Good question. Would think there’d be at least two members (one w/ each suspension noted) on here willing to meet up and experience the differences first hand.

First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL CC 4x4
I've contacted Fox & asked some questions about the 2.0 by Ford vs the 2.0. I also don't want a level so I am asking if I can crank down the fronts a bit on one of those sets still get a superior ride. Which set they recommend to do that. Also asked if so what would be the optimal setting or measurement to get there. Also asked if the rears are designed to handle 400-700 lbs bed weight. Couldn't get them on the phone so e-mailed them along with my number. If I can't get to the bottom of this I'm throwing in the towel & going with OME standard or medium set up which I'll have to figure out.
BTW I did read somewhere in my research on a Ford site that the Ford 2.0 had different valving.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I've contacted Fox & asked some questions about the 2.0 by Ford vs the 2.0. I also don't want a level so I am asking if I can crank down the fronts a bit on one of those sets still get a superior ride. Which set they recommend to do that. Also asked if so what would be the optimal setting or measurement to get there. Also asked if the rears are designed to handle 400-700 lbs bed weight. Couldn't get them on the phone so e-mailed them along with my number. If I can't get to the bottom of this I'm throwing in the towel & going with OME standard or medium set up which I'll have to figure out.
BTW I did read somewhere in my research on a Ford site that the Ford 2.0 had different valving.
If you read my original post, you will see that when I contacted Fox they said they would not reveal ANY information about proprietary products. They might be able to help with questions about the standard Fox 2.0 coilovers, but not those by Ford Performance. The same post has the link to Ford about the Ford tuned 2.0 coilovers.

First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL CC 4x4
I did see that. They have a non disclosure agreement & Fords a big dog. I'll make my questions about my needs only & see if they can at least answer those. The more you learn the less you like what you see. Fox stock was $36.15 a year ago & it's $156.53 today. Made in Taiwan. ARB which owns OME was at $13 at that time & is $37.91 today. Made by the Aussies. Looks like a 1 year warranty vs 3/37,000 year warranty. Fox 2.0 recommends rebuild at 10k for on/off road 50/50.

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
Question for the Fourm, I got the fox Ford performance installed a couple months back and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that it’s a fox/eibach colab. All the photos I had seen on here do NOT have Eibach logo on the springs, but mine does.

F15F7C94-5976-4714-8EFB-8AD0EAA91862.jpeg
Sponsored