krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
I just received my coil over kit from Stage3motorsports yesterday.. they look so pretty lol.. I will be installing them this saturday on my 2WD, but I think im going to turn the collar down before I install them. I was really only looking to go up 2" cause I want abit of a rake still, but Im still debating what to do, im to excited!
Have you taken yours off road yet to see how well the suspension holds up? And has it dropped at all since you installed them?
Havenā€™t noticed any drop yet. From my estimations, I should try to lower the collar maybe 3/8ā€. Donā€™t forget to use a spring compressor or take it to a shop before turning the collar, per instructions.
Sponsored

JG Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Commercial Bricklayer
Hey guys newbie here ,, I would like to order the Ford Fox Kit , Iā€™m wanting to remove the rake my fx4 has .. I only have about 2-3ā€ to spare in height getting into my garage . Will the kit just level the truck ? Thanks for any info ..

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys newbie here ,, I would like to order the Ford Fox Kit , Iā€™m wanting to remove the rake my fx4 has .. I only have about 2-3ā€ to spare in height getting into my garage . Will the kit just level the truck ? Thanks for any info ..
Yes, I think you will be fine, the most im seeing in these posts is around 2", I got the Fox kit and barely got 2" out of it

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine installed on my XLT 2wd. I did not adjust the coil overs at all, raised it about 3 inches. Itā€™s perfectly level now. This is the kit from Stage 3.
D860DEC2-F248-4E5B-9D58-A7E144F4875E.jpeg
D38A2470-F370-48A4-A508-043B7E54D2F4.jpeg
Gotta say I think it does more with the 2wd than the 4wd trucks.

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
Iā€™ve been driving my FX2 for a while now with the kit. I actually think itā€™s too much at times. Certain driving conditions itā€™ll give a harsh top out because of not having enough down travel available. Things like speed bumps make it most prevalent. I will probably lower mine back down closer to the 2ā€ lift range.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
With this suspension will BDS upper control arms fit stock rims with 285/70/17?
I heard some Icon UCA donā€™t fit stock width wheels. Need a 8.5 or more

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Yea it 100% does. According to FOX, it's half an inch difference between the two. Anecdotal evidence suggests it's a larger difference.

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
Update on my install. I had been driving it for several months now at original install height, which was probably a little over level. I would get occasional harsh top out over things like speed bumps. It just didn't have enough down travel, so I went ahead and lowered the spring collar. It does require removing the coilovers and compressing the spring to do so, a bit of a hassle but not difficult. My spring collars were originally 48mm from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of threads on the shock. I lowered them 13mm, to a measurement of 35mm. It really only lowered the truck a little bit and is maybe just a bit below level, but ride quality has improved and I haven't had any harsh top out yet. FWIW, mine are the Ford labeled shocks. There seems to be some debate as to any differnce in springs between the Fox kit and the Ford labeled kit.

If your installing these on a 2wd, I'd recommend starting with a spring perch height of about 35mm (bottom of collar to last exposed thread on the shock). It sets the truck pretty close to level and keeps a decent ride quality.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Update on my install. I had been driving it for several months now at original install height, which was probably a little over level. I would get occasional harsh top out over things like speed bumps. It just didn't have enough down travel, so I went ahead and lowered the spring collar. It does require removing the coilovers and compressing the spring to do so, a bit of a hassle but not difficult. My spring collars were originally 48mm from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of threads on the shock. I lowered them 13mm, to a measurement of 35mm. It really only lowered the truck a little bit and is maybe just a bit below level, but ride quality has improved and I haven't had any harsh top out yet. FWIW, mine are the Ford labeled shocks. There seems to be some debate as to any differnce in springs between the Fox kit and the Ford labeled kit.

If your installing these on a 2wd, I'd recommend starting with a spring perch height of about 35mm (bottom of collar to last exposed thread on the shock). It sets the truck pretty close to level and keeps a decent ride quality.

Anyone else running the Fox 2.0 system on a 2wd? What adjustment did anyone else use to level or slight rake a 2wd truck?

I am debating on this setup or the Eibach 2.0. The advantage of the Eibach system is you can adjust them on the truck and the rear have a dust boot. Advantage of the Fox system, Ford approved part, tested with 18" factory wheels, and it includes all new hardware but about 400 more in cost.
Sponsored