First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
I purchased and installed the fox 2.0 coilovers on my '20 Ranger xlt. I love the improvement in ride quality, but there is still a noticeable rake and it isn't quite as lifted as I would like.

Would it be possible to keep the fox 2.0 setup while adding something like Ford Ranger Lift's 3" lift (https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/2019-ford-ranger-lifts-3-level-lift-201-frd-rng-lft) to get where I want? Or should I replace the fox 2.0 with something like ICON's 3" lift? The latter option seems cost prohibitive.

One more consideration: if I am able to stack a 3" lift kit on top of the fox 2.0's, will I need to get upper control arms?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

jspetree

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Pic to see post-installation stance. It is definitely improved over stock, but I would like a full level and a slightly higher lift.
Ranger.jpg

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I beleive that you can go up to 2 1/2 inches.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I purchased and installed the fox 2.0 coilovers on my '20 Ranger xlt. I love the improvement in ride quality, but there is still a noticeable rake and it isn't quite as lifted as I would like.

Would it be possible to keep the fox 2.0 setup while adding something like Ford Ranger Lift's 3" lift (https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/2019-ford-ranger-lifts-3-level-lift-201-frd-rng-lft) to get where I want? Or should I replace the fox 2.0 with something like ICON's 3" lift? The latter option seems cost prohibitive.

One more consideration: if I am able to stack a 3" lift kit on top of the fox 2.0's, will I need to get upper control arms?

Thanks for any help!
Something to keep in mind while you’re reaching for the stars! 2 1/2 is about the norm to level out the truck from the front. At some point not far past that is when major mods have to be done so everything continues to play nice. To get to 3” you would have to replace the UCA’s, and lower your front differential so your CV’s don’t bind.

How long before you want bigger tires?

See, it doesn’t stop.

Where you are now you could push front a little higher with shock adjustment but I would be cautious doing so.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
bigger tires would make the gaps less noticeable to the eye id think. but depends if you actually want the bigger tires.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I think your truck looks fine. I've gone back and forth thinking about upgrades. For me, after some soul searching, I'm going to stay with stock tire size. I didn't want to have to change the spare. I replaced the rear shocks, but not the front. I like the change in the ride, and I can tell the front are sort of soft, but I'm going to live with it. I have the rake, but I'll live with it.

But, hey, you do you.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well to start you did not lift the truck..... You leveled it....... By 2 inches at best because I have a feeling you did bot make adjustments to the front struts before install.....

If you really want to lift the truck then you go with a lift kit. Now mind you sonce you do have the Fox kit the rear shocks can handle a fair amount of lift so you could just swap out leaf springs.

Now if you actually want to level the truck then just simply have the front struts adjusted, add some upper control arms and get an alignment again....... Just do yourself a favor and dont use your truck as a truck if you go this route......

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I think your truck looks fine. I've gone back and forth thinking about upgrades. For me, after some soul searching, I'm going to stay with stock tire size. I didn't want to have to change the spare. I replaced the rear shocks, but not the front. I like the change in the ride, and I can tell the front are sort of soft, but I'm going to live with it. I have the rake, but I'll live with it.

But, hey, you do you.

I did the same to my truck for the exact reasons you listed. Very happy with the tears only and the much improved ride.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Something to keep in mind while you’re reaching for the stars! 2 1/2 is about the norm to level out the truck from the front. At some point not far past that is when major mods have to be done so everything continues to play nice. To get to 3” you would have to replace the UCA’s, and lower your front differential so your CV’s don’t bind.

How long before you want bigger tires?

See, it doesn’t stop.

Where you are now you could push front a little higher with shock adjustment but I would be cautious doing so.
Not exactly... I've been running a 3 in level since 2019 with no binding of the cv's nor the UCA's. 3.5in is the sweet spot where you run into these issues.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
This is the difference that putting bigger tires on makes on the look of the truck

This is stock tires

1624334825545.jpeg

This is with Falken WildPeaks A/T3w 265/70R18

1624334902625.jpeg

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
That's with the stock suspension. I'm having the FP Fox 2.0 kit installed tomorrow morning.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
That's with the stock suspension. I'm having the FP Fox 2.0 kit installed tomorrow morning.

It'll end up looking somewhat like this, ignore my glider.

For the OP I'm led to believe your front coilovers were not adjusted properly for the full level/lift when they were installed. Mine has the Ford performance version of the Fox 2.0 that are adjusted correctly when you receive them.
Sponsored