First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was a Costco member for a while, problem with them is they wouldn't advertise the prices from the road, had to pull up to the pump to see it. I was told they would always be 10 to 12 cents a gallon cheaper, the management never bothered to look and Kroger has 30 seconds away was always the same price as Costco before Kroger fuel points, so it wasn't worth the membership price to costco...have a Sams nearby but no fuel island. Get 50 fuel points for each survey you do in a 7 day period, plus 3-4 times the points for buying gift cards. Before they regulated it more I could get a dollar off per gallon once in a while, now the max is .50 cents and 35 gallons so the wife and I both fuel up at the same time and pump. She is on one side of the pump facing one way and I'm the opposite and I fill hers then mine.
My local Sam's they post from the road but I just use the Gas Buddy app to see all the local prices. Fry's raised all their prices over the past few months, I guess they need to pay for their new cheese and sushi bars they just put in. :sunglasses: I do the surveys but even with those 200 points (.02/gal off) I rarely get it to .30/gal off. Right now at Fry's premium is $2.78 and at Sam's it's only $2.28 so I just go there. It's to bad because Fry's it just across the street from me but it's worth the 3 mile drive to Sam's for the savings. I'm usually over that way a few times a month so I'll just stop there and fill up.
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Having a Sam's Club or Costco membership helps too. I find I save more at the Clubs than with my Fry's (Kroger) points. Gas was cheap here but has gone up through the years.
My problem with these membership clubs is their hours. I just went to fill up the Kona for Cathy (I have yet to let go after the tune...lol). Anyway, Costco's pumps are on but locked up! i know country gas stations that you can pay at the pump all night long (thank goodness). So my rant is the access sucks for the money!
All that said...their prices (Sam's too) help me keep 91 octane running in my Ranger..

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I switched to the towing tune recently and it is the best if the 5 tunes IMO

Seems to be a nice balance between performance, safety, and driveability. Seems to get better mileage too
Yeah, but does it scratch em in the first 4 upshifts or shred and burn in the first 3?
1613214749962.png

things not to do with your truck - kill all tires
:tumbleweed:

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Might get this tune, but have question about using tow mode. In the winter I tow just about every weekend for snowmobiling. It would seem to be a pain to have to reflash to regular mode on sunday nights, to then have to flash to tow mode on friday for the weekend riding. Is there any harm in just using the tow mode all winter, even for commuting?

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Might get this tune, but have question about using tow mode. In the winter I tow just about every weekend for snowmobiling. It would seem to be a pain to have to reflash to regular mode on sunday nights, to then have to flash to tow mode on friday for the weekend riding. Is there any harm in just using the tow mode all winter, even for commuting?
I asked Livernois this question. No problem running tow tune daily. I recently started towing it and don't want to have to switch back all the time either
Sponsored