What are you guys towing?

Deleted member 1634

Gee, we've not been through the badlands in many years.
We usually at least drive the scenic road through every time we pass by on our way out west. Or even use it as an overnight pitstop. It's about 10hrs from Duluth so definitely within a days drive.

Either that or Theodore Roosevelt NP, which is about 9hrs from Duluth. Just depends which freeway we use to head west. haha That might be my favorite park since it's so open and less visited. You can really enjoy the aspects of the park without being bothered by hoards of people.
Sponsored

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
did you install the redarc yourself? if so, how easy is it?

Also, which version did you get?
I bought the Ford branded one, so whichever version that is. And by “bought” I mean “redeemed 2 new vehicles worth of Ford Pass points on,” which basically made it free for me.

Yes, I did the install myself, mostly so I could put the knob where I wanted. Factory location would’ve been hidden behind my left knee, on the wide panel below the steering wheel. This looks much more “factory” to me, and is easier to reach…which is critically important when the trailer starts to sway.

7750B0CF-9CEF-4430-B618-188231AFC3DE.jpeg

I didn’t find the install too challenging. Instructions were pictures only, so either they did a good enough job of describing what to do, or I’m used to worse. Think IKEA or LEGO.

You’ll see people complain about pulling the interior panels to run wires to the third brake light, but it’s not hard. Probably anyone who’s installed an amp has done something similar. Other complaints are about not having enough slack in the main wire loom, but I think they didn’t undo enough of that part of the loom for it. I had about 5 or 6 inches of wire to use.

My biggest challenge was disassembling the center console to install the knob. No instructions for it, so had to do a fair bit of Googling, and then had to remove some support material from the underside to make it fit.

All-in-all, I don’t think it took more than 2 hours, give or take

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
So what do you do when you see something like that? Do you avoid it at all costs or do you take your time to get a close pic?
Stop lights make great caution flags. I can only go as fast as the car in Front of me. But yeah. Avoid this guy.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Stop lights make great caution flags. I can only go as fast as the car in Front of me. But yeah. Avoid this guy.
IIRC there was a European guy on here this year or last. He was describing how they don't use safety chains. They only require the safety cable. IIRC there was a whole thread about it. I thought he was Norwegian or Finnish.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
IIRC there was a European guy on here this year or last. He was describing how they don't use safety chains. They only require the safety cable. IIRC there was a whole thread about it. I thought he was Norwegian or Finnish.
When you say safety cable, do you mean the emergency brake cable? Because there are cable alternatives to chains.