What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
As an aside, I can't tell you how many times someone in town has complimented my truck. Just yesterday a friend from children's school was telling me how she'd been admiring it form afar. This is in a town where every third vehicle seems to be a Taco, esp. when you get up to trailheads, etc.. I've seen a mini explosion of Rangers around so word is clearly getting out.

(Even if the Tacoma was better in every other way (and it sure isn't) just the lack of rear seat space would be enough to disqualify it for us.)
Sponsored

Marmite

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab FX4
Picked up my Cactus Gray 2021 Supercab XLT FX4 with tow package and 301A trim for $34,975 after discounts and incentives. Had a Rhino liner added for a small discount but dealer was not willing to sweeten the deal any more. They had no Rangers on the lot and had to go 300 miles to pick up this one. Ain’t capitalism great??

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Love Cactus Gray, would have gotten that if it were available when I picked up mine.

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I think I got a steal on my 2021 Lariat FX4. The dealer had it on special for $40,495. Oddly enough it didn't have the trailer package but that was an easy fix. Trade-in values are ridiculous right now. I traded in my 2019 Mazda CX5 after 2 years and 10k miles for only 3k less than what I payed for it! I had to rake the dealer over the coals to get that amount but I showed him the KBB and Carfax value and threatened to go to another dealer several times. ;)

IMG_9434.jpg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
March 2021 new 2020 Lariat FX4 black appearance package and IIRC every option. $500 administration fee, and 1% for using my VISA to buy it. I got them to toss in the ?$1300, 10 year paint protection plan so ~=.

Out the door was $54,096.81 CAD, with 2% instant cash back reward on my VISA.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
A lot depends on where you live, I got my 2021 XLT FX4 w/tow and bedliner for $34K, MSRP was $44K with a stupid ADM of $4K. But I had D-Plan pricing so Dealer was locked to that.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
As an aside, I can't tell you how many times someone in town has complimented my truck. Just yesterday a friend from children's school was telling me how she'd been admiring it form afar. This is in a town where every third vehicle seems to be a Taco, esp. when you get up to trailheads, etc.. I've seen a mini explosion of Rangers around so word is clearly getting out.
I see the same trend with Tacos and Rangers here in Bend, OR.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Picked up my tremor approx 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Originally was at $2,500 over sticker. Due to buying my wife's bronco sport a couple weeks prior and basically willing to purchase on the spot, I payed sticker. 2,500 - 5k is typical from all the dealers in my area for a tremor. Raptors 5 - 10 over sticker

Celendis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Lariat 2WD
I expected that I would be buying my Ranger at a terrible time. The (out-of-state) dealership held firm at MSRP less a $500 factory incentive for the 2WD Ranger that had been sitting on their lot for 4 months. However, I did get $24k for my 2018 Honda Accord EX-L, which was about 4k better than I had planned. All-in-all, the out-the-door price was in-line with my expectation for a fair deal without the vehicle shortage that seems to be taking place.

However, my near-steal was when I ordered the trailer brake controller and installation through the Ford Accessories site for $339+$95 installation (+tax). I had read a few days earlier on here about $500 being a great deal, so I bought it online the same night that I drove the truck home! I just had it installed last week, and the service rep congratulated me on the great deal I got and relayed how upset the shop manager was about the pre-paid installation fee being so low. Thanks everyone in the towing forum for helping me make a quick decision to take advantage of the deal! It looks like that deal is well and truly gone with the MSRP having jumped so much in the last month.

baltoro_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I am in BC, Canada and looking forward to buy a 2021 Ranger. Anyone from Canada; please if you can comment how much you paid and any suggestion for a good dealer in the province. The few I've checked are strictly the MSRP with no discount or rebates.
The other thing if someone can please guide: I got interested in buying an XLT (Tremor) but the truck is without the factory tow package. Can I get the tow package installed by the dealer without any compromise on tow rating?

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Autonation Frisco Texas
Customer Order Build week of August 30th
SuperCrew 4x2 - 5' Box
1626698244615.png

MoatCarp

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
I could not find a good deal on New inventory in the Houston area. Dealers were firm at (or slightly above) MSRP. Plus their "dealer add-ons" to rub salt in the wound.

Started looking at Used and scored a great deal at CarMax. Got my 12.4k miles supercrew 2019 Lariat FX4 equipped with every single option I am aware of for $37998. The truck is mint. Not a scratch or ding on it. Paint doesn't even have swirls in it. Still has the passenger airbag warning sticker attached to the glovebox. They offered me $3-4k more for my trade than any Ford dealer I spoke to. It was a no-brainer for me.

Very happy with what I got.

20210629_142929.jpg

SquidFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Hi, I am in BC, Canada and looking forward to buy a 2021 Ranger. Anyone from Canada; please if you can comment how much you paid and any suggestion for a good dealer in the province. The few I've checked are strictly the MSRP with no discount or rebates.
The other thing if someone can please guide: I got interested in buying an XLT (Tremor) but the truck is without the factory tow package. Can I get the tow package installed by the dealer without any compromise on tow rating?
Also in BC, everywhere is strict with MSRP because there's literally no vehicles to even sell, it's crazy. However, x-plan works here too, see the thread in it. Also a $1500 factory order bonus right now so if you can wait 3 months for it to arrive do that. $1500 plus ~$2000 off with xplan is a decent deal and good enough for me.
Sponsored