First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, 2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't need to do a walk around inspection, I will be bringing my wife!!! I had her imported from Germany. She has eyes like a hawk and she can be brutal !!!!! LOL .
Thanks. I am going to the dealer to sign papers. What should I look if I don't test drive?
Sponsored

vkyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
While it doesn't explain all of it, your delivery no doubt was
negatively impacted by the CP rail strike. That started back in March some time. Railroads are like the ports, one brief shut down creates bottleneck mayhem.

Plus late last year (?) those CP lines in BC were washed out. How long did that repair take?

Sorry for your agonizing delay. Really sucks. Fingers crossed for you.
Thank you for the insight. Watching my offroading summer plans slip through my fingers...

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
The big day is almost here !!!! After 7 months, yesterday my order status has reached critical mass. My order status has been upgraded to DELIVERED to Dealer. My Ranger is now "undergoing final dealer preparation" and I will be contacted soon.

A question for all of you that have taken delivery from your dealer. Did anyone experience any issues with the price increase on the printed window sticker, in my case $1200.00 versus the price quote on the singed byers order from 7 moths ago. It is my understanding that #1 my quoted price is firm and price protected and, #2 that Ford cuts a check to the dealer to make up the difference. Thanks for any input in advance .

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
The big day is almost here !!!! After 7 months, yesterday my order status has reached critical mass. My order status has been upgraded to DELIVERED to Dealer. My Ranger is now "undergoing final dealer preparation" and I will be contacted soon.

A question for all of you that have taken delivery from your dealer. Did anyone experience any issues with the price increase on the printed window sticker, in my case $1200.00 versus the price quote on the singed byers order from 7 moths ago. It is my understanding that #1 my quoted price is firm and price protected and, #2 that Ford cuts a check to the dealer to make up the difference. Thanks for any input in advance .
[/QUOTE
In my experience I received a check from the dealer for the difference about 60 days after I purchased my truck. The difference was about $200. Some dealers will front you the difference but most wonā€™t and then wait till Ford rebates them before cutting you a check.
P.S. I had to push them a couple times to remember during the 60 days

Tkent

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150 SCAB 4 X 4 2023 Ranger SCAB 4 X 2
Occupation
Contractor

When I took delivery of my Scab mid Dec 2022, The window sticker was $1,000 higher than the quoted price when i placed the order early Sept 2022. The original price was honored as well as the 2.9% finance rate offered at that time. Do not know if Ford reimbursed the dealer to make up the difference.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
When I took delivery of my Scab mid Dec 2022, The window sticker was $1,000 higher than the quoted price when i placed the order early Sept 2022. The original price was honored as well as the 2.9% finance rate offered at that time. Do not know if Ford reimbursed the dealer to make up the difference.
Same with meā€¦.. original quote was honored. The window sticker was at least $1000 more.

Ranger6

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, 2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi All, Ford website sells accessories, such as brake controller, etc. Right now it offers a 15% discount until 5/31/2023. Is that discount always there (i.e. after 5/31/2023, there will be the another same discount until 6/30/2023)? Or is discount a random offer?

23FFRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably NOT a '23 Ranger Tremor, '20 Toyota Supra
The "Last but not Least" '23 Ranger Tremor arrived at my dealership today. I've got my eye on the '24 Raptor but with the cluster that Ford ordering is who knows when I would actually see it.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
The "Last but not Least" '23 Ranger Tremor arrived at my dealership today. I've got my eye on the '24 Raptor but with the cluster that Ford ordering is who knows when I would actually see it.
I just purchased a 2023 because I definitely do not like the 2024 front endā€¦ā€¦ it reminds me of this:

IMG_6365.jpeg

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
After seven months I took delivery of my beautiful Cactus Grey Scab XLT on Friday June 2nd. The delivery process was exceptional. My dealer, Gentilni Ford in Woodbine NJ , provided me with an exceptional dealer experience. My original price quote was honored no question asked in spite of a 1000 dollar window sticker increase. No games or up selling with "wheel packages" or "dent protection" . The only add on was the Ford Service Plan and they graciously matched the offer from Granger.

Of course I love my new Ranger AKA "The Cactus Ghost" , but who doesn't love a new vehicle
About 250 miles of driving so far and first impressions are setting in. First, wish someone would have spent a little more time tuning the suspension. A lot more understeer than I find acceptable coupled with what I personally find as way too slow of a steering ratio. This will take some getting used to/ will keep me on my toes. Overall ride ranges from very pleasant to way too springy. Kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The sometime maligned brake feel is not an issue for me, no complaint from me here outside of the pedal position seems a bit high for me. The one thing that I absolutely hate so far is the placement of the controls for the power mirrors, practically invisible as well as inaccessible tucked behind the steering wheel.

However ALL of these transgressions can be quickly forgiven courtesy of that magnificent powertrain. The turbo 4 is butter smooth and will set you right back in your seat. It is also amazingly quiet at idle and I found myself checking to be sure that the Start/Stop system was indeed not installed on my truck. The ten speed auto is different, but I feel like I have already adapted to its shift patterns and I am becoming a fan of it. Gas mileage on the first 1/3rd tank is a very respectable 22.6.

Overall really happy, but oh how I wish someone would have given just a little bit of love to that suspension.

P.S. ,
Already had my first round of online shopping for a few minor goodies and now the wife says it really needs those side step thingies. !!!!!

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
After seven months I took delivery of my beautiful Cactus Grey Scab XLT on Friday June 2nd. The delivery process was exceptional. My dealer, Gentilni Ford in Woodbine NJ , provided me with an exceptional dealer experience. My original price quote was honored no question asked in spite of a 1000 dollar window sticker increase. No games or up selling with "wheel packages" or "dent protection" . The only add on was the Ford Service Plan and they graciously matched the offer from Granger.

Of course I love my new Ranger AKA "The Cactus Ghost" , but who doesn't love a new vehicle
About 250 miles of driving so far and first impressions are setting in. First, wish someone would have spent a little more time tuning the suspension. A lot more understeer than I find acceptable coupled with what I personally find as way too slow of a steering ratio. This will take some getting used to/ will keep me on my toes. Overall ride ranges from very pleasant to way too springy. Kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The sometime maligned brake feel is not an issue for me, no complaint from me here outside of the pedal position seems a bit high for me. The one thing that I absolutely hate so far is the placement of the controls for the power mirrors, practically invisible as well as inaccessible tucked behind the steering wheel.

However ALL of these transgressions can be quickly forgiven courtesy of that magnificent powertrain. The turbo 4 is butter smooth and will set you right back in your seat. It is also amazingly quiet at idle and I found myself checking to be sure that the Start/Stop system was indeed not installed on my truck. The ten speed auto is different, but I feel like I have already adapted to its shift patterns and I am becoming a fan of it. Gas mileage on the first 1/3rd tank is a very respectable 22.6.

Overall really happy, but oh how I wish someone would have given just a little bit of love to that suspension.

P.S. ,
Already had my first round of online shopping for a few minor goodies and now the wife says it really needs those side step thingies. !!!!!
Congrats Bill!
Sponsored