What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ford Sales Representative
101 on getting the best deal in Canada from a veteran sales representative who's Dutch as "insert potty mouth wording here"

Anyone in Canada it's easy.

Always, always, always. If you can. Order During Employee Pricing, WITH x-Plan Code. How to do that?

Step 1) Join Mustang of America Club, wait the trial period and get the membership card. This will save you $1500 minimum. Or check if you're an eligible partner - ask your HR manager.
Step 2) Communicate with your dealership that you're an X-Plan Buyer, but you want to make a simple, easy deal, with a factory order. Dealers will always accept X-Plan as a factory order because it doesn't hurt their allotment as when an order is put in with a name attached to it, it's like a winning a lottery ticket. Win win for both.
Step 3) You wait. From my experience of selling for, too... many.... years... the best deal I've ever witnessed since 2019 5G is February of 2020 with $3500 off Lariats, $3000 off XLT(This Program has dropped 2x times since 2019). During your waiting time for Ford Employee (Usually July, August, however the last two years it's been August and September) you have your salesmen call you if anything on delivery allowances above $3000 comes along.
Step 4) Your vehicle drops. if the vehicle delivery month has 0% financing, low lease rates with great residuals, or a phat delivery allowance that beats your "Ford Employee Pricing" then to switch to that program. This is only allowed on the month of vehicle landing, and only with factory ordering.
Step 5) Drive away smiling.

The reasons you go this route are very simple.
1) You get the best possible deal with X-Plan, and also Ford Employee Pricing.
2) You factory order so you're not pissed off because "that guy across the street had the FX4 package that you wanted but it's all they had on the lot"
3) The transaction process is simple and no haggle. The reason is because you're in control and the dealership accepts it because there is no gross to be lost.

Cons: Waiting.. however is this a con? People screw up when they purchase a vehicle on their first visit. Makes me sad when I don't get to know my customers.
Sponsored

baltoro_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Also in BC, everywhere is strict with MSRP because there's literally no vehicles to even sell, it's crazy. However, x-plan works here too, see the thread in it. Also a $1500 factory order bonus right now so if you can wait 3 months for it to arrive do that. $1500 plus ~$2000 off with xplan is a decent deal and good enough for me.
Thanks for all the help.

baltoro_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
101 on getting the best deal in Canada from a veteran sales representative who's Dutch as "insert potty mouth wording here"

Always, always, always. If you can. Order During Employee Pricing, WITH x-Plan Code. How to do that?

Step 1) Join Mustang of America Club, wait the trial period and get the membership card. This will save you $1500 minimum. Or check if you're an eligible partner - ask your HR manager.
Step 2) Communicate with your dealership that you're an X-Plan Buyer, but you want to make a simple, easy deal, with a factory order. Dealers will always accept X-Plan as a factory order because it doesn't hurt their allotment as when an order is put in with a name attached to it, it's like a winning a lottery ticket. Win win for both.
Step 3) You wait. From my experience of selling for, too... many.... years... the best deal I've ever witnessed since 2019 5G is February of 2020 with $3500 off Lariats, $3000 off XLT(This Program has dropped 2x times since 2019). During your waiting time for Ford Employee (Usually July, August, however the last two years it's been August and September) you have your salesmen call you if anything on delivery allowances above $3000 comes along.
Step 4) Your vehicle drops. if the vehicle delivery month has 0% financing, low lease rates with great residuals, or a phat delivery allowance that beats your "Ford Employee Pricing" then to switch to that program. This is only allowed on the month of vehicle landing, and only with factory ordering.

2) You factory order so you're not pissed off because "that guy across the street had the FX4 package that you wanted but it's all they had on the lot"
3) The transaction process is simple and no haggle. The reason is because you're in control and the dealership accepts it because there is no gross to be lost.

Cons: Waiting.. however is this a con? People screw up when they purchase a vehicle on their first visit. Makes me sad when I don't get to know my customers.
Thanks for your detailed reply. very useful information.

Ngaudet

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 xl
Occupation
Retired
I just bought a 21 on july 21 paid sticker price minus 500 ford cash however my trade value was insane !

olyeller

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD FX4, 2019 Challenger R/T
Occupation
Retired
I’m picking mine up today after the dealer installs the spray in bed liner. I was lucky and got it for $160 over Invoice. It is a 4WD Lariat FX4 with the 501 package and tow. Pretty excited as around here any new pickup is hard to find and dealers are looking for MSRP plus. This is my second Ranger. My first was a factory order 1993 STX. I’m hoping this one will be a great a truck as that one was.

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)

Hi ,

Would you happen to know how the x-plan is applied to the price? Is it on the price of the truck before taxes? I've been shopping a Ranger XLT Supercab/302A/FX4 and I spoke with a dealer and the prices he was quoting me didn't make any sense. Even the price of the truck + taxes didn't equal my calculations in my super duper spreadsheet analysis :)

Thanks for the info!

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi ,

Would you happen to know how the x-plan is applied to the price? Is it on the price of the truck before taxes? I've been shopping a Ranger XLT Supercab/302A/FX4 and I spoke with a dealer and the prices he was quoting me didn't make any sense. Even the price of the truck + taxes didn't equal my calculations in my super duper spreadsheet analysis :)

Thanks for the info!
X plan pricing is to total Dealer Invoice, multiply that by 0.996, add $275

2021 Ranger Price List (MSRP/Invoice Pricing) - Base Vehicle, Packages, Options | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Hi ,

Thanks for the info!
that truck shows

Starting X Plan $24,553
Total of Options $10,667
Destination Charges $1,195
Acquisition Fee $645
Total X Plan $37,061
Available Incentives -$0
Net X Plan $37,061

additional packages
towing 469
technology package 944

without Xplan (msrp) that truck is 38.405

easiest $ 1344 you ever negotiated in today's market.
plus right now there is a $1000 rebate if your order it yourself, plus $1000 trade assist.
so that truck could cost you $35,000. plus tax and tags (and back end dealer fees at some places)
don't forget, if you trade in something worth 10K, and you only have to pay sales tax on 25K.(at least that is how it works in PA and FLA)

Last edited:

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
bought 2 wheel drive 2021 lariat, well optioned near end of april 2021,,, msrp was 40,703....... paid 36,300 for it. ford rebate of 3000 at the time and dealer took off 1400.... guess was lucky bought just before they dropped the rebate.

jthompson48

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Military
Hello Everyone! After my Dad checked out my Ranger he decided that he wants one so ,since there's not much room for negotiation these days and he doesn't like negotiating with sales people anyways, I got him setup with x-plan (thanks to this forum). So, he generates his pin and is talking to the dealer about putting in an order and they say they won't know what the invoice price is until they order it. Doesn't this seem fishy? I used his x-plan info and found a part of the ford website where you can clearly build and see "net x-plan" pricing.

The other question I have is about the $1000 off custom order offer. Does this "stack" with x-plan? The salesperson said it doesn't apply not because of x-plan, but because it matters what incentives are active when he takes delivery. I know this can be the case, but the offer details clearly say "order by" to receive 1000 off, not "take delivery by." Thanks for your thoughts! Attached his SCAB build in case anyone is curious :)

Attachments

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
that truck shows

Starting X Plan $24,553
Total of Options $10,667
Destination Charges $1,195
Acquisition Fee $645
Total X Plan $37,061
Available Incentives -$0
Net X Plan $37,061

additional packages
towing 469
technology package 944

without Xplan (msrp) that truck is 38.405

easiest $ 1344 you ever negotiated in today's market.
plus right now there is a $1000 rebate if your order it yourself, plus $1000 trade assist.
so that truck could cost you $35,000. plus tax and tags (and back end dealer fees at some places)
don't forget, if you trade in something worth 10K, and you only have to pay sales tax on 25K.(at least that is how it works in PA and FLA)
Thanks for that ! Unfortunately, those are USD prices and I'm in Canada :)

I can say I spoke to a dealer today to get a quote, and it was very hard to get a clear answer - they like to quote in "monthly or bi-weekly payment amount". I had to ask, so what is the truck price??
Anyways, he told me the X plan amount was removed off the total amount with taxes and everything, said it's $1300 but the starting price of the truck was very close to MSRP-1300: $43566

I also couldn't figure out if the $1500 factory ordering bonus was applied - I don't think he put it in. This was all on the phone, but I don't think I'll be going with that dealer. This is MSRP in Canada:

Ranger supercab 4x4 XLT: $36858
302A: $3325
FX4: $1400
Tow package: $600
Tough bed spray in liner: $600
Fees/destination charge$ 2095
---------
$44878

Would X Plan just reduce the truck price or options also ?

Many thanks
Steven

William Oz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Occupation
Autoworker
Hello Everyone! After my Dad checked out my Ranger he decided that he wants one so ,since there's not much room for negotiation these days and he doesn't like negotiating with sales people anyways, I got him setup with x-plan (thanks to this forum). So, he generates his pin and is talking to the dealer about putting in an order and they say they won't know what the invoice price is until they order it. Doesn't this seem fishy? I used his x-plan info and found a part of the ford website where you can clearly build and see "net x-plan" pricing.

The other question I have is about the $1000 off custom order offer. Does this "stack" with x-plan? The salesperson said it doesn't apply not because of x-plan, but because it matters what incentives are active when he takes delivery. I know this can be the case, but the offer details clearly say "order by" to receive 1000 off, not "take delivery by." Thanks for your thoughts! Attached his SCAB build in case anyone is curious :)
The $1000. off order vehicles is a "Ford" incentive. It should go with A, X and Z plans.
If that dealer can't get the price of that truck, you should find another dealer.
I just ordered a Lariat screw a few weeks ago. I know how much my "Ford Credit" payments will be. We figured taxes, tire warrantees, title charge, destination charge, extended service program, all on the computer. The only thing we didn't know is when I'm going to get my truck.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I built my order on Aug 10 using the 'Your Ford Your Way' web site builder, I sent it to dealer and they contacted me there're not marking up, selling @ MSRP $33,185 for my particular build, the salesman said I would be eligible for the $1000 'build it' incentive, my question for anyone who knows about the X plan thru Mustang Club would I have to had told the dealer already or when I go into the finance office to sign all the papers? I also signed the order invoice and left a deposit to get the order placed.
Thanks Rob.
Sponsored