Support group for those waiting for their MY23 Ranger

23FFRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably NOT a '23 Ranger Tremor, '20 Toyota Supra
Looks like my Ranger shipped out this morning. How long has delivery typically taken for you?
I'm hoping it doesn't arrive until after the B&P for the '24s go live. That Raptor caught my eye.
Sponsored

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Looks like my Ranger shipped out this morning. How long has delivery typically taken for you?
I'm hoping it doesn't arrive until after the B&P for the '24s go live. That Raptor caught my eye.
Mine took a week to arrive at local dealerships in New Brunswick (Canada)

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I think it took mine closer to 3 weeks from detroit to dealer. . . it sat in railyards for what seemed like months . . .

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
Would you believe ! My Cactus Grey XLT SCAB RWD that I ordered on October 21 finally went in to "production" on May 12th and this morning my status was updated to "built" as of May 16th. This evening , May 17th, at 9:30 PM I received the standard "Dear John" letter from Ford proclaiming that "as it has been 45 days since we last updated you order and we know you are frustrated" and then it continued with the apology that although my Ranger XLT was scheduled to be built on May 8th, supply change issues have caused this to be delayed.

I am seriously beginning to worry about the management., and quite frankly, the future of Ford as a viable company! I hope that in a few years I will not be the owner of an "Orphan" make of vehicle like a Studebaker, Nash or a Rambler.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Anyone get finance recently for your new Ranger? At what rate?
Picked mine up late Feb. Bank rates were ridiculous. Went with Ford Credit @ 4.9%.

Personally I'd rather pay Ford the interest than a bank anyway. But man, how times change. When I bought my Focus ST I went with Ford... 0% for 5 years. Damn I miss that deal.

Ranger6

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, 2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Picked mine up late Feb. Bank rates were ridiculous. Went with Ford Credit @ 4.9%.

Personally I'd rather pay Ford the interest than a bank anyway. But man, how times change. When I bought my Focus ST I went with Ford... 0% for 5 years. Damn I miss that deal.
4.9% is not bad, I am not sure if I can get 4.9% now. Thanks.

Reactions: Doc

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
Would you believe ! My Cactus Grey XLT SCAB RWD that I ordered on October 21 finally went in to "production" on May 12th and this morning my status was updated to "built" as of May 16th. This evening , May 17th, at 9:30 PM I received the standard "Dear John" letter from Ford proclaiming that "as it has been 45 days since we last updated you order and we know you are frustrated" and then it continued with the apology that although my Ranger XLT was scheduled to be built on May 8th, supply change issues have caused this to be delayed.

I am seriously beginning to worry about the management., and quite frankly, the future of Ford as a viable company! I hope that in a few years I will not be the owner of an "Orphan" make of vehicle like a Studebaker, Nash or a Rambler.
And now this !!!!
After checking my order status and finding all of the progress circles unchecked and the header message informing me that my order had been accepted and also finding that my VIN number had disappeared from my account and the Ford Pass app I get an Email one hour and 5 minutes later informing me that my Ranger has been built and is undergoing final testing !!!! This morning I awakened to another Email announcing that my Ranger has been shipped and should arrive at my dealer between May 27th and June 9th. I need a good swift shot of a rather decent Scotch !!!!!

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
And now this !!!!
After checking my order status and finding all of the progress circles unchecked and the header message informing me that my order had been accepted and also finding that my VIN number had disappeared from my account and the Ford Pass app I get an Email one hour and 5 minutes later informing me that my Ranger has been built and is undergoing final testing !!!! This morning I awakened to another Email announcing that my Ranger has been shipped and should arrive at my dealer between May 27th and June 9th. I need a good swift shot of a rather decent Scotch !!!!!
If you reach out to Ford chat there is a chance you can get the train car information and continue tracking it that way too...

Ranger6

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My Ranger has arrived at the dealer, should I test drive it to make sure it is all good before I go ahead with the purchase? Thanks.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger has arrived at the dealer, should I test drive it to make sure it is all good before I go ahead with the purchase? Thanks.
you can.

I would recommend a good walk around with the sales guy before signing anything at the least.

Ranger6

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
How much does your dealer charge for installation of brake controller and splash guards (frond and rear, $53 each for part)? Thanks.

vkyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Seriously.. is anyone else experiencing an insane wait time for delivery?

1684873846714.png

My dealership suggests they have no further info other than railcar delays and all they can see is it's still in Michigan where it was built, but its been 6 months and I'm pretty sure I've seen others on here who have ordered later and already received delivery. I'm in British Columbia, Canada.
I feel so helpless. Is there anything I can do? Or that my dealership should be able to do? I already tried calling the customer relationship line, as well as the online chat and no one seems to be able to do anything or give me any further information.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Seriously.. is anyone else experiencing an insane wait time for delivery?

1684873846714.png

My dealership suggests they have no further info other than railcar delays and all they can see is it's still in Michigan where it was built, but its been 6 months and I'm pretty sure I've seen others on here who have ordered later and already received delivery. I'm in British Columbia, Canada.
I feel so helpless. Is there anything I can do? Or that my dealership should be able to do? I already tried calling the customer relationship line, as well as the online chat and no one seems to be able to do anything or give me any further information.
While it doesn't explain all of it, your delivery no doubt was
negatively impacted by the CP rail strike. That started back in March some time. Railroads are like the ports, one brief shut down creates bottleneck mayhem.

Plus late last year (?) those CP lines in BC were washed out. How long did that repair take?

Sorry for your agonizing delay. Really sucks. Fingers crossed for you.