Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
@Tako
I bet right now that most dealerships have little to no reason to accept the X plan. Trucks are flying off the shelf way over invoice and little to no stock.
Sponsored

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
DAV members are eligible for the X Plan. I got a pin number within minutes after applying online. It's good until January 3rd 2022.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard that a few dealerships in my area are not honoring the X-plan pricing right now due to shortages. They'd rather hold out for (over) MSRP buyers. Just sharing, make sure the dealer you're going to will honor it.

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
DAV.JPG

I haven't used the pin yet, but plan on checking with my dealer to make sure they will honor it. It also mentions an extra $1000 Bonus cash in addition to the X Plan.

Ngaudet

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 xl
Occupation
Retired
I just bought a 21 on july 21. No x plan pad full retail however i got 500 ford cash rebate

Kjr14

First Name
Kieran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Apologies if a silly question but I could t find an answer but with the MCA membership is that ok to be used in Canada for the x plan discount or is it for the states only?

87TxAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrack, 23 Ranger Lariat Tremor
i know this is an old thread but since it is a sticky, i thought i would post this. it looks like i will sneak in the 60 day MCA membership requirement to get X plan pricing. My Tremor shipped yesterday and i am 2 days away from 60 day membership. All good, right? Wrong! Ford has changed the requirement to 90 days! So, this is going to cost me some money! Oh well. Here is the screen shot showing the 90 day requirement.
1682165137595.png

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
X-Plan for non ford employees was shut down last year. I found out when I bought my truck they promised me x plan sent me to a website that was for ford employees only. did some further research and yep, no X plan unless you are a ford employee

edited to add: I am going to have to ask a friend who is the GM for a ford dealer what the current status is. it may be that only the share holder x plan was discontinued

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
X-Plan for non ford employees was shut down last year. I found out when I bought my truck they promised me x plan sent me to a website that was for ford employees only. did some further research and yep, no X plan unless you are a ford employee

edited to add: I am going to have to ask a friend who is the GM for a ford dealer what the current status is. it may be that only the share holder x plan was discontinued
X Plan is not for Ford employees, they have there own plan, I believe it is A Plan, X plan is for Ford partners. Over the past 30 years all the companies I worked for were part of the Ford Partner program as well as the equivalents from GM and Stellantis.
The Ford Partner plan web site is still up and has a 2023 copyright so it has not been shut down. I have purchased 5 new Fords with X Plan and there has always been certain vehicles that are not available via the plan and dealers do not have to participate.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
X Plan is not for Ford employees, they have there own plan, I believe it is A Plan, X plan is for Ford partners. Over the past 30 years all the companies I worked for were part of the Ford Partner program as well as the equivalents from GM and Stellantis.
The Ford Partner plan web site is still up and has a 2023 copyright so it has not been shut down. I have purchased 5 new Fords with X Plan and there has always been certain vehicles that are not available via the plan and dealers do not have to participate.
you miss my point ... I have bought multiple cars on x plan, and as I said I could be wrong about it being shut down completely. what HAS definitely been shut down is the stockholder x plan. I wish I would have checked the partners as well I could have saved a few bucks. the Rangers is not exempted from x plan, the dealer I bought my truck from participated in the x plan. the problem was they were idiots and didn't know the difference when that was part of their job.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
1685703259699.png

Xplan more than Invoice?
X-Plan is 4/10s of a percent below invoice plus a $275 fee. The numbers in your chart are correct.

The other thing that you get with X-Plan is the $500-$600 documentation fee the dealers charge is limited to $100.

You can usually do better than X-Plan but it is a very reasonable deal that does not require any negotiating.

When I got my Ranger Lariat Tremor in 21 I was not convinced I even wanted to buy a new truck. They knew I had X-Plan and the dealer sweetened the deal by offering me the truck at $1000.00 below invoice and honored the X-Plan $100 limit on the doc fee.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I was going to use my X Plan price when I bought my XLT FX4 in May of 2021 but the dealer was able to beat that price by quite a bit.

I don't know if you will get any great deals now days with a lot of dealerships marking every vehicle up.
Sponsored