What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Carnut

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
2021 STX with the special edition package, bed liner (spray in) and tow package. Would have liked a model with e-locker and sliding rear window or fx4, but nothing in my search radius beat my deal. Although other dealers were below msrp, none could match my the OTD price. Sticker was 36,630 and got it for 34,100 OTD. In CT, got the truck by Philly. That includes mfr rebates. Deal seems inline with what most get and not the great deals I see many have gotten. Closed in April.
Sponsored

mattesteez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I'm curious to hear the experience of those who have purchased in the last few weeks...went to a few dealers today stating my best offer of 5-7k under MSRP and none of them wouldn't budge (even with a valuable 2017 subaru trade in). Is this consistent everywhere? I'm in WA for context

driverdenali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL SXT
I'm curious to hear the experience of those who have purchased in the last few weeks...went to a few dealers today stating my best offer of 5-7k under MSRP and none of them wouldn't budge (even with a valuable 2017 subaru trade in). Is this consistent everywhere? I'm in WA for context
With the current truck market, and lack of available trucks 5-7k under msrp is going to be tight, theyre not even offering 5-7k for a plan members right now. Probably the best you can get is 4k with a plan and incentives, i used xplan and incentives got 3.2k off plus another 1000$ in ford cash deal they had at time.

mattesteez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
With the current truck market, and lack of available trucks 5-7k under msrp is going to be tight, theyre not even offering 5-7k for a plan members right now. Probably the best you can get is 4k with a plan and incentives, i used xplan and incentives got 3.2k off plus another 1000$ in ford cash deal they had at time.
Good to know...I'm waiting for the right moment when the dealer is desperate for a sale. But after talking to a few sales folks today (might be blowing smoke, fwiw) supply is low and gone are the days when they can offer prices that low.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have done very well over the years with discounts and purchasing vehicles but the best I could do on the Ranger I bought about a month ago was 10% off MSRP as the selling price. I worked with three different dealers and the deals stalled, when I finally said, what about X plan, it got me about $400 more off.

FWIW, I was mistakenly quoted “Z” plan by a dealer, that was an additional $1k off over X plan. They of course did not honor that price, it was an honest mistake and their corrected pricing was exactly the same as the prior dealer who quoted it correctly.

I do believe if Covid and supplies were not a factor, I may have been been able to squeeze a few more % off but the times are the times we are in.

Blurpleranger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Silver
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, you're right on target. Got mine 2 weeks ago in Chino Hills, CA. I visited 6 dealerships before finding one I liked at a decent price point. We usually like to tell them we're ready to pay but it's gonna be at or below invoice. Typically, the sales guy's play hardball till we walk out the door and follow us out to the parking lot saying "fine, you got the deal." This time around they ask let us leave. I knew I'd be paying more than usual but it was the right time and the right truck. Negotiated 5 hours for the truck. Basically paid sticker. $39k (they tried pushing a $5k addendum, due to high demand and low inventory, which is what took so long to chip away at the inflated price)

XLT, FX4, Crew Cab, Tow, mid trim, tech package. Loving the truck.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
$44,570 out the door.

My Ranger.jpg

mattesteez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yeah, you're right on target. Got mine 2 weeks ago in Chino Hills, CA. I visited 6 dealerships before finding one I liked at a decent price point. We usually like to tell them we're ready to pay but it's gonna be at or below invoice. Typically, the sales guy's play hardball till we walk out the door and follow us out to the parking lot saying "fine, you got the deal." This time around they ask let us leave. I knew I'd be paying more than usual but it was the right time and the right truck. Negotiated 5 hours for the truck. Basically paid sticker. $39k (they tried pushing a $5k addendum, due to high demand and low inventory, which is what took so long to chip away at the inflated price)

XLT, FX4, Crew Cab, Tow, mid trim, tech package. Loving the truck.

Got a deal today for a 2020 xlt with tech package (MSRP 39600, sell price 32500, otd 35250k. Note cash price is after dealer discount.

20210517_142321.jpg

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
$3,764 sales tax makes my eyes bleed
Wow! 10.4% sales tax! $600 for licensing is pretty high too but I lived in Washington 20 years ago when licensing on vehicles was much worse.

mattesteez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Wow! 10.4% sales tax! $600 for licensing is pretty high too but I lived in Washington 20 years ago when licensing on vehicles was much worse.
Yup this was here in greater Seattle area. Came from Oregon where it was nice paying zero lol

NoleDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Trying to trade my 2019 xlt fx4 in and snag a 2021 Lariat Tremor Package in Atlanta. 1st attempt this morning they offered me 5k under the low end on my trade value and refused to honor x-plan. They had the truck at 44500 (pre-tax) but then added 2900 in random dealer add ons like wheel well liners, doc fees etc on top of that. Naturally, none of the extras listed on their online listing. I told them to kick rocks and they told me the same. On to the next dealer tomorrow.

ATL-Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Trying to trade my 2019 xlt fx4 in and snag a 2021 Lariat Tremor Package in Atlanta. 1st attempt this morning they offered me 5k under the low end on my trade value and refused to honor x-plan. They had the truck at 44500 (pre-tax) but then added 2900 in random dealer add ons like wheel well liners, doc fees etc on top of that. Naturally, none of the extras listed on their online listing. I told them to kick rocks and they told me the same. On to the next dealer tomorrow.
I'm from the area obviously and had to go to Birmingham for a deal on a trim and options I wanted. Only a handful of dealers in the ATL area were even offering to go below their list price a week ago tbh.

NoleDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm from the area obviously and had to go to Birmingham for a deal on a trim and options I wanted. Only a handful of dealers in the ATL area were even offering to go below their list price a week ago tbh.
Sounds about right. Back when I bought the 2019 I got a heck of a deal bc they were having trouble moving them then. Now they seem very content to tell anyone to screw off and blatantly pull bait and switches. I’m going to try expanding the search north up in to Tennessee and I suppose Birmingham as well now.
Sponsored