What’s your favourite (non-tailgate damper) mod you’ve done, for under $100?

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Really thinking about jumping into some wireless AA and charging.

Did you do the charging pad too?
Yes works and looks great!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Best sub - one hundred bucks purchase?

AVS bug deflector.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I saw some posts about the TM and off-road gauges in the FORScan threads. So you need the TM 4x4 dial to get them to work?
Yup, a year ago you could get one for about 50 bucks. The jacked the price once they figured out what we were doing

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
First, who is getting their window tint for under $100? Cheapest I found was $160, though mine was nearly $400 since I got all four windows, the back glass, and a brow.

Probably my personal favorites from my own '21 XLT:

AAWireless -
This thing is great; it allows for wireless Android Auto on almost any vehicle, although it is still a little buggy and hard to get since it's still crowdfunded. I ordered mine in May and didn't get it until October, and the earliest you can reserve for right now is March of '22.

AutoStop Eliminator - https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator
A really simple device that adds a "memory" function to the auto s/s button, meaning you don't have to push the button every time or use other methods like pulling the BMS plug, using sport mode every time or installing a nightlight in the 110V outlet. It just plugs inline under the center console, so there's no external indication that it's installed, and you don't lose your 110V outlet.

I have one that's a little more, but I like it enough that I wanted to include it as well:

Undercover SwingCase - https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-swingcase
I love this friggin thing; I use it to store a small portable air compressor, some tow straps, and my hardhat/safety vest for my occasional trips to client sites (I'm an industrial panel tech that's trying to transition to I&E work)

There are a few more I want to get, like the engine cover, a power plug for the bed, and the OEM dashcam (I like the wiring harness better than a fuse tap), but I'm tight on money trying to pay off my loan early.

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
Pretty simple, what sub-$100 mod, that you’ve done to your ranger, has made the biggest difference to your truck, or, have you got the most enjoyment from?

It’s a hard question if you’ve done a few.

Mine would have to be the black front & rear Ford badges. Made a bigger than expected difference, to the look of the truck.

05F0B897-9851-4072-8348-EE9E2A561EAF.jpeg
B25B4C57-9411-40E6-9EA5-A67F25B2A967.jpeg
looks amazing, where did you get those?

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
So many that have already been mentioned.

- tailgate damper (oh wait this isn’t allowed)
- console tray
- wireless charging pad (though technically more than 100 as need to get the charger and wireless CarPlay to really make it shine)
- stubby antenna
- forscan license and obd2 cable
- WolfHaus bed power plug
can you link the stubby antenna you bought? thanks

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
First, who is getting their window tint for under $100? Cheapest I found was $160, though mine was nearly $400 since I got all four windows, the back glass, and a brow.
Most 2 front doors around here are $60 , whole truck $189 or so

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
It's gotta be these side marker LED lights what a difference over the stock lights. Next few would be the black Ranger tailgate letters and adding the engine cover that should have been there all along...

20210219_174641[1].jpg

20210219_175432[1].jpg

20210219_174647_001[1].jpg

20210219_175440[1].jpg
Do you have a link for these? There's a million listings and I'd prefer to buy something that I know other people have used and approve of.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
That's why I have a smoked plastic cover on my plate. It's getting cloudy an even harder to see through so I should replace it.
In my state those are illegal. Some were made to block the toll road plate readers, so now all of them are illegal.
It's gotta be these side marker LED lights what a difference over the stock lights. Next few would be the black Ranger tailgate letters and adding the engine cover that should have been there all along...

20210219_175432[1].jpg

20210219_175440[1].jpg
Unless I'm missing where the front side amber reflector is now, that is also not legal. But if you have the AlphaRex headlights they add the reflector back, so the vehicle would be legal again.

I just point out non DOT/legal things for informational reasons for others that may be interested so they know.

pretty much all that has been mentioned, yeah I probably have gone broke $100 at a time!
But my true #1 is the AAWireless module - how Ford cant update a head unit with BT and WiFi to support this is beyond me.

If only all my mods/upgrades where under $100, I would be able to buy Christmas presents for the family!
Yeah, the AAwireless is more or less the top of my list, but I bought that for the RS and just moved it to the Ranger.