First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
We don't talk about that here. :lipssealed:

However, I love this safe. If I put this in my vehicle it would adhere by CA standards for transporting and having a firearm at your use, legally. Thank you for this, I think I will be purchasing this. :bow:
Yeah I just got the Special Edition in "Sandstone" last week https://vaulteksafe.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=85&product_id=214395. Fits perfectly under the driver seat. Wrapped the security cable around the seat mounts. It should thwart any grab-and-go attempts!
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Wow, what a change from the older beautiful Ranger to this beautiful one. Your butt dyno really felt that huh :like:

Sport mode is the way to go! I find I have better sport mode after I let the car warm up in D for first 5 minutes. Lets the cylinder operating temps be proper before having a spirited drive. Granted who knows if it actually helps but it sure does feel like it's smoother like that.

In regards to the tune consideration, I would go either Livernois or FP tune. 5star gives you crazy power but they also offer an engine warranty you can purchase because it's in the extreme ranges of power draw... For me, FP tune was a no brainer for warranty reasons and the fact that its CARB approved meaning it won't give me trouble in CA. For you, it might be a different story and you might want to consider something with more options like Livernois being able to run many different setups like 87-91 octane. Whereas FP tune will force you to run 91, not customizable and has some weird issues with Forscan. As in, you have to flash to stock, apply forscan mods and flash tune back on. Just some things for you to ponder about. :turkey:
I got my dealer to throw in an 8 year warranty (a competing dealer offered 10 year on all their vehicles), so it's tough to throw it away over a tune. But Livernois gives you more HP than the Ford tune and you have to pay a certified tech to do it to keep the warranty. I can't decide.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I got my dealer to throw in an 8 year warranty (a competing dealer offered 10 year on all their vehicles), so it's tough to throw it away over a tune. But Livernois gives you more HP than the Ford tune and you have to pay a certified tech to do it to keep the warranty. I can't decide.
Wow, that warranty is a tough decision because from what I have heard, adding the FP tune reduces the warranty from 5 to 3. I wonder if they do the same with the Livernois and how that affects your 8 year warranty. Definitely double check that with the dealership with whatever tune you decide. Yeah eventually when my warranty runs dry I will personally be switching to Livernois I believe.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Wow, that warranty is a tough decision because from what I have heard, adding the FP tune reduces the warranty from 5 to 3. I wonder if they do the same with the Livernois and how that affects your 8 year warranty. Definitely double check that with the dealership with whatever tune you decide. Yeah eventually when my warranty runs dry I will personally be switching to Livernois I believe.
Yeah I gotta get in touch with them then to be sure.

Sleepy_Hollow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USN
Didn't know Ford made a Fuel Tank protector. I'm scared to add up my Rig. Here is my back seat interior roof rack. Its just missing the MRO (Put on my AK temp). Still debating what to put in my Packouts. Im thinking Dog stuff.
OGprod.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
What does mods stand for missguided odd dumb shit?
Sponsored