Look at what you've all done here, mods list

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Howdy,

So I was inspired by a previous post to finally write down and list all the mods I got for the Ranger. I kind of put it off so I wouldn't have to know EXACTLY how much I spent but figured it was time. I am coming down to the actual end of mods, the rest I would like for my wants and needs are purely luxury. Jeez, didn't think I spent this much... Although, it is good to know the actual amount and mods so I can finally put my Ranger spending habits to rest... Right? :lipssealed:

Let me know if you have any questions in relation to said mods or want any images. I know this probably would of made for a good build thread to detail and document each process as I got it in. However I was too eager to install everything and don't have pictures for 100% of things. Also, if there are any little or big mods I should consider, please do list it. Otherwise, thank you for reading my post Ranger friends. :beer::fistbump:

Warm regards,
Brandon
RangerMods.png
RangerMods2.png
Ranger.jpg
ALL that & no running boards

1629636744979.png
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Pfft, Panos son...

$42,000

https://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-gpnvg-system-kit-le-bnvis-mount-tan.html

gpnvg-18.jpg

Ok, we know thats bullcrap. I can only afford binos Which makes me...

SadKeanu.jpg

At least I can get my hands on non-neutered PEQ's and MAWLs.

Speaking of which I have been meaning to pick up a spare bump helmet for the Ranger.
Yeah a new MAWL or PEQ 15 would be great, and quads too, oohhhhhh ya. You'd be sad for me if you knew what fun gun stuff costs up here. Even my PEQ14 is all but unobtanium, one of very few in civilian hands up here.

Even with crappy binos and 2nd rate IR the old adage remains true, "in the land of the blind, the one eyed many is King".

Last edited:
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I can't wait to see, I'm heading towards that direction as well cause my tires poke about 2 inch.
Dang. Wish I actually liked the look. I put on the fender flare and did not like the wider look. Also, the paint protection film I bought really shows on black paint.. so the idea of paint protection film underneath the rubber trim to prevent unbuffable swirls went out the door. I was going to just throw them on without PPF but I’ve been loving the mirror shine and not having that extra shine kind of made me sad. I thought I would love them from threads I saw but on my own vehicle it just didn’t sit right for me. In addition, like others said, the Bushwacker molds are poorly done, the side marker lights did not fit. Overall, pretty bummed I did not enjoy the look and everything went against the grain, could not justify leaving the fenders on :/

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
ALL that & no running boards

1629636744979.png
That was a thought on my list for sure, more so for door dings and shopping carts. I don’t really traverse really rocky terrain, not skilled enough to trust not damaging something important. Do you have a running board you prefer?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Looking forward to more pics OP.

Never heard of bulletpoint I might have to jump on that. I use an AC vent holder and never liked blocking the vent (plus my phone is always frozen).

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Never heard of bulletpoint I might have to jump on that. I use an AC vent holder and never liked blocking the vent (plus my phone is always frozen).
I will take a picture of that for you now. :) haha, I had that same problem!! And when you off-road the bumps tend to knock the phone off the magnet type ones.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Here you are MountainGoat! Also tossed in a picture of the console pad and some cup holder mats, since I was here haha.
ECCCA2E1-38EC-46D4-8F48-E2D65301BAFF.jpeg
7B534DA7-7238-4CF8-9E41-9E606C079B33.jpeg

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Photo of the camper shell and tires from the rear view and various stickers.. If anyone else wants any other pics just ask. Just not sure what people would like.
C6EDCF06-DEEA-4764-AA9A-8AA09D48B012.jpeg

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you are MountainGoat! Also tossed in a picture of the console pad and some cup holder mats, since I was here haha.
ECCCA2E1-38EC-46D4-8F48-E2D65301BAFF.jpeg
7B534DA7-7238-4CF8-9E41-9E606C079B33.jpeg
Awesome, thanks! I'm sold on the bulletpoint. I could use the extra mount for a radar detector; this truck ended up being faster than I planned on.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Awesome, thanks! I'm sold on the bulletpoint. I could use the extra mount for a radar detector; this truck ended up being faster than I planned on.
Awesome! Just make sure you take your time with the clips when you remove the tray. Otherwise you might bend them a little like me. Always could purchase a new tray to do the work on if you care about a perfect fitment to the dash.

Hah, when I bought the truck I didn’t know I was also buying something that fast as well :p please post a picture when you mount the radar and phone mount. It will look phenomenal ?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Just make sure you take your time with the clips when you remove the tray. Otherwise you might bend them a little like me. Always could purchase a new tray to do the work on if you care about a perfect fitment to the dash.

Hah, when I bought the truck I didn’t know I was also buying something that fast as well :p please post a picture when you mount the radar and phone mount. It will look phenomenal ?
Yeah I was attached to the Ranger because I liked my old one. 4cyl/5speed with about 90 horsepower, but really a great little truck. I had no idea the new one would be this quick.

Now I drive around in sport mode all the time and debating what tune to get.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yeah I was attached to the Ranger because I liked my old one. 4cyl/5speed with about 90 horsepower, but really a great little truck. I had no idea the new one would be this quick.

Now I drive around in sport mode all the time and debating what tune to get.
Wow, what a change from the older beautiful Ranger to this beautiful one. Your butt dyno really felt that huh :like:

Sport mode is the way to go! I find I have better sport mode after I let the car warm up in D for first 5 minutes. Lets the cylinder operating temps be proper before having a spirited drive. Granted who knows if it actually helps but it sure does feel like it's smoother like that.

In regards to the tune consideration, I would go either Livernois or FP tune. 5star gives you crazy power but they also offer an engine warranty you can purchase because it's in the extreme ranges of power draw... For me, FP tune was a no brainer for warranty reasons and the fact that its CARB approved meaning it won't give me trouble in CA. For you, it might be a different story and you might want to consider something with more options like Livernois being able to run many different setups like 87-91 octane. Whereas FP tune will force you to run 91, not customizable and has some weird issues with Forscan. As in, you have to flash to stock, apply forscan mods and flash tune back on. Just some things for you to ponder about. :turkey:

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Afe scoop, Roush cai, mishimoto charge pipes and Turbosmart BOV. Love these bolt ons. First photo I’ve taken of them actually.
63C28587-B033-4938-8386-85F139A9E63D.jpeg

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy,

So I was inspired by a previous post to finally write down and list all the mods I got for the Ranger. I kind of put it off so I wouldn't have to know EXACTLY how much I spent but figured it was time. I am coming down to the actual end of mods, the rest I would like for my wants and needs are purely luxury. Jeez, didn't think I spent this much... Although, it is good to know the actual amount and mods so I can finally put my Ranger spending habits to rest... Right? :lipssealed:

Let me know if you have any questions in relation to said mods or want any images. I know this probably would of made for a good build thread to detail and document each process as I got it in. However I was too eager to install everything and don't have pictures for 100% of things. Also, if there are any little or big mods I should consider, please do list it. Otherwise, thank you for reading my post Ranger friends. :beer::fistbump:

Warm regards,
Brandon
RangerMods.png
RangerMods2.png
Ranger.jpg
Where's your safe for the Glock? You need a LifePod 2.0!
https://vaulteksafe.com/lifepod-20/

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Where's your safe for the Glock? You need a LifePod 2.0!
https://vaulteksafe.com/lifepod-20/
We don't talk about that here. :lipssealed:

However, I love this safe. If I put this in my vehicle it would adhere by CA standards for transporting and having a firearm at your use, legally. Thank you for this, I think I will be purchasing this. :bow:
Sponsored