Not satisfied with fox 2.0 lift - options after install

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
This is the difference that putting bigger tires on makes on the look of the truck

This is stock tires

1624334825545.jpeg

This is with Falken WildPeaks A/T3w 265/70R18

1624334902625.jpeg
Is this stock FX4 suspension? Looks so nice.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jspetree

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
This is the difference that putting bigger tires on makes on the look of the truck

This is stock tires

1624334825545.jpeg

This is with Falken WildPeaks A/T3w 265/70R18

1624334902625.jpeg
Damn that looks good! The tires really do add a lot. If you can, I’d love to see a follow up shot after the FP fox install!

OP
OP

jspetree

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
I appreciate all the input.
When I had the kit installed, I mentioned that the coil overs were adjustable and asked that the truck come out level. The shop said they contacted fox about adjusting, and they reported that they came pre-loaded at the correct height for a level. Guess that wasn’t quite true.
I think the gameplan will be bigger tires, then adjusting the front coilovers to 2.5” if still unsatisfied.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Damn that looks good! The tires really do add a lot. If you can, I’d love to see a follow up shot after the FP fox install!
Wish I could but I was an idiot when I made the appointment with the dealership to have the work done and didn't get a written quote. They originally quoted me between $400.00 and $450.00 to do the install. But when I went back today they said it was going to cost $800.00. Didn't get a written quote because I had taken pretty much all my Fords to this dealership for mainenance and repairs and had never been lied to on pricing. But the dealership changed hands a couple of years ago and now it looks like things have changed for the worse. So needless to say the work isn't going to be done there and I need to find somewhere else to do it.

Yeah, I was a stupid fool.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well to start you did not lift the truck..... You leveled it....... By 2 inches at best because I have a feeling you did bot make adjustments to the front struts before install.....

If you really want to lift the truck then you go with a lift kit. Now mind you sonce you do have the Fox kit the rear shocks can handle a fair amount of lift so you could just swap out leaf springs.

Now if you actually want to level the truck then just simply have the front struts adjusted, add some upper control arms and get an alignment again....... Just do yourself a favor and dont use your truck as a truck if you go this route......
Don't use it as a truck? Why not?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well those can just be adjusted. That can't be the reason.
You might be able to adjust it for when it is unloaded but once you load the bed your lights are out of adjustment and you cant see the road as much. Also you might as well just put the Belltech axle flip kit on at that point to see the same results in a much more extreme manner.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You might be able to adjust it for when it is unloaded but once you load the bed your lights are out of adjustment and you cant see the road as much. Also you might as well just put the Belltech axle flip kit on at that point to see the same results in a much more extreme manner.
I mean that can be said about any of those configurations including stock then.....nonsense. Oh wait, the only set up you can use your Ranger as a truck is to go with the Old Man Emu right? Yeah I read you pushing that all the time and I have no doubt it is a good set up.

Use your truck as a truck. It'll be fine.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could but I was an idiot when I made the appointment with the dealership to have the work done and didn't get a written quote. They originally quoted me between $400.00 and $450.00 to do the install. But when I went back today they said it was going to cost $800.00. Didn't get a written quote because I had taken pretty much all my Fords to this dealership for mainenance and repairs and had never been lied to on pricing. But the dealership changed hands a couple of years ago and now it looks like things have changed for the worse. So needless to say the work isn't going to be done there and I need to find somewhere else to do it.

Yeah, I was a stupid fool.
Do you know if Stage3 motorsport do installation? They seems to have all the kits of all sort of things we can spend our money on!!!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is my setup with just the Fox 2.0 coilovers in the front, I still have the FX4 in the rear. I had the Fox 2.0 performances coilover for almost a year before replacing the wheel and tires when the apportunity came, but just someone mentioned here, where do you stop!!! My wife is looking into my $pending like a bean counters!!!
Post a pick of your Fox 2.0 on high its adjusted.

20210612_185301.jpg

20210612_144204.jpg

20210606_124457.jpg

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2