Livernois Tuning released

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just sent my stock tune in. A little nervous now. First time tuner.
Follow the direction sheet exactly. It's pretty straightforward.

If you feel it'll be uncomfortable in your car with the windows up, roll them down before you start!
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Guess I should have checked my email sooner.

7:45 am email received. Tunes ready.

I received 4 tunes.

89 soft soft performance
89 hi performance
91 hi perfomance
Towing.

These guys are are awesome.
Thank you very much for the kind words! Glad to hear you found the email reply from us letting you know the tunes were now available to download.

Call me a simpleton, but how do I know what tunes they offer, other than what others have mentioned on here.....I guess I could search for "livernois tunes" and read every post... It just seems they would have a list to see what they offer and maybe a brief description of how each one performs... I've looked on their website, but absolutely nothing, except that they offer a tuner and tunes for our Rangers and a dyno sheet. A list would really simplify it and make it waaaay more user friendly.
Thanks for your order! Usually customers just send us their vehicle's info, which octane fuels they prefer to run when tuned, and if they have any aftermarket performance upgrades we need to take into account when sending their tunes. From there we'd send them all of our best tunes possible for that specific situation so clients have options to choose from without needing to specify. Currently we have performance tunes for 87-89 low octane, 91-93 octane or higher premium fuels, and also a towing tune for all fuels 87 or higher as well. Then as others have mentioned per customer's request we can make further adjustments to things like shift pressure, Auto start stop on / off, and skip shifts as well. And all Mycal tuners include our lifetime tuning and support, so no need to worry on which tunes you'll get the first time around since you can always request additional updates at no charge if needed.

Most customers just give us a call pm / email when they're filling out the tune request email if they're unsure what to request, but the majority just send what's listed on the form and we send them the best tunes possible at that time. Feel free to give us a call or PM if you'd like to discuss this a bit further in depth and we would be happy to help out. Thanks again for your business and I hope you have a great day!

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had mine installed for a week now and am very happy with the outcome.

Be prepared to watch the stock tune back up for about 10 minutes so better have your windows down. The tune load was much faster and I forgot to time it.

As far as install goes, I do feel like the instructions could have been a tad better more importantly the email section. The recording of the ECU Strat Code and SW ID needs to probably be listed in the 1-18 section that those items are taken off the Module info when attached to the vehicle. Yes, there is a reference to they will be needed in section D but it would not hurt to have the reverse reference in the same section. Would have saved me a phone call. Also you mention the run position several time but I think you mean the ACC position. Im not gonna lie, I looked in the manual to make sure I was doing this right and not wanting to fuck up my truck and there is no mention of run mode anywhere in the manual that I could find. Its just push once for Accessory (for those with push button start). Lastly, it would be have been nice if you at least did a quick tutorial on how to adjust the tire size and maybe supply a reference sheet on those sizes with revs per minutes. Took me quite a few tries to figure that one out with the turning off and on the Acc switch then having to go through different websites to figure out what the rpm of what my specific tire size was.

Having said all that, it really only took 5 or 6 minutes out of my time to figure it all out. Its just the sense of being unsure how to proceed was the issue. But once installed, holy balls...very happy.

Grimlock has a 6" lift with 20x9 275/60R20 tires. Before install I was getting 15.4mpg travelling 66mile a day mostly interstate at around 70-78mph in sport mode 80 percent of the time because I hate the skip shifts and the regular auto always felt like it was in the wrong gear to adequately move the vehicle (I was getting better mpgs in sport mode vs regular mode as well). After install and keeping in mind that I was able to adjust the tire size finally, I am now getting 19.2 mpg. This is with the 93 octane mapping. The power band is soooo much nicer now as well. I am very happy!

SEX.jpg

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Livernois about the tuner and asked if I have to buy 2 tuners for 2 vehicles. What I was told is that they are working on making it so you can have multiple vehicles with one tuner. I am stoked on that because we have a Ford Explorer and Ranger and buying 2 tuners is super expensive. Can't wait for that and as soon as that is ready I will be purchasing. Keep up the great work Livernois.

Last edited:

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Was advised that the Ford tuners won't be in stock until mid July now :mad:, so after reading this thread, I've cancelled my order and will be getting one once I get my refund.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I should have checked my email sooner.

7:45 am email received. Tunes ready.

I received 4 tunes.

89 soft soft performance
89 hi performance
91 hi perfomance
Towing.

These guys are are awesome.
Just so folks know what to expect....I plan on installing all at some point and report.

Installed the 87-89 soft shift tune. Drove for about 100 miles. Country 2 lane.

You really do not notice any different from stock putsing around. You do know it ain't stock when you get on throttle.

With stock tune, best I was able to get was 26.4 on this route. I averaged 26.6 with this tune installed. So not giving up any MPG with this one.

Next up 87-89 performance.

......as soon as I finish this #&$&$&Ă· deck.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I submitted my stuff last night. Was hoping they would squeeze me in before they closed. Oh well have to be patient. They did say 24-48 hours so I’m not upset. Just hoped really hard!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
For those who might be wondering I have been running the Tow tune for a while now. Id say for 2-3 weeks and I love it!! I feel the tow tune is better for daily driving as it helps a bit more on the low end compared to the performance tunes. Also it really helps.me since I am in the Rockies and pull steep grades going to and from work. Average MPG gain from this tune with the Old Man EMU lift and 265/70-17 Bridgestone Revo 3's and the FX4 skid plates without the tire reflectors I have gained about 2 MPG for going to work and back. Not bad if id say so myself. With the high octane tune I got about .5 MPG less than what I am getting now but I still have awesome power.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello hope everyone is well. Dumb question. Would it be wise to run a dyno test immediately after installing a tune? or should I drive it around? I recently purchased the tune and cant wait for it to arrive. My plan was to run 1 pull current set (no tune) then run another after installing the tune. Not that I'm doubting results i just want to know where I'm at lol. Appreciate the input! Have a good day.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
I submitted my stuff last night. Was hoping they would squeeze me in before they closed. Oh well have to be patient. They did say 24-48 hours so I’m not upset. Just hoped really hard!
From my recent experience of purchasing my tune from Livernois and considering the current rate of request for their MyCalibrator units, it will most likely be Tuesday before you receive your email. The wait is worth every moment! You might be lucky and receive the email Monday.

The guys at Livernois work till the end of the work day as mine arrived one day at 5:42 PM. Thirty minutes later, I was making a quick spirited pass past my house. The results were more than I had expected and the smile has yet to leave my face!

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
From my recent experience of purchasing my tune from Livernois and considering the current rate of request for their MyCalibrator units, it will most likely be Tuesday before you receive your email. The wait is worth every moment! You might be lucky and receive the email Monday.

The guys at Livernois work till the end of the work day as mine arrived one day at 5:42 PM. Thirty minutes later, I was making a quick spirited pass past my house. The results were more than I had expected and the smile has yet to leave my face!
cConsidering they give you so much I bet they are slammed all day long. I definitely appreciate their hard work.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
We're in the same boat. i sent my info in Thur evening and even called them Fri afternoon just to make sure they received all my info, which they did. I'm reminded of that old ketchup commercial with the "Anticipation" song playing in the background....."it's making me wait".