Livernois Tuning released

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Any benefit to eliminating skip shifting? Under hard acceleration mine will shift to second some time. I'm used to trans with OD and maybe 4 gears. Are we gaining better acceleration and losing fuel economy or anything?

PS I had ordered a tune and canceled it bc I thought I was having some trans issues, after a few miles things lined out. Can definitely say customer service is amazing at Livernois. Going to get another could thousand miles on to make sure no other issues and reorder, shouldn't be hard as I put 1k on the first week I had it.
Thank you very much for the kind words everyone, we're very glad to hear everyone has great feedback on our tuning and service!

Sorry to hear you were having issues with the truck stock, but hopefully that's in the past now and you can get it tuned once you've put some more shakedown miles on your ride.

Skip shifting under light acceleration can help to eliminate unnecessary shifts to make the transition a bit more seamless and less abrupt at part throttle, cruising at low speeds, etc. But a lot of it is honestly user's preference. Our calibrator drives a A10 F-150 as one of his daily's for example, and he cannot stand it skipping gears all the time as he mentions often in our dyno / tune videos. Then I've had an A10 Mustang client that asked to have their tune setup more similar to stock for when the wife drives it where it skips gears part throttle and press the pedal down harder and it uses all 10 gears still when he's doing some more spirited driving for all out acceleration.

Just uploaded stock tune to Livernois.

.........now the wait.
Thank you for your order!

We were working late last night to get the backlog of tune requests caught up after hours once the phones stop ringing. So please shoot me your info if you have not received your tune update reply and I'll take a look at it for you. Average turn around time is 24-48 hours from the business day the request was received, but we always strive to get customers taken care of asap.

Thanks again guys, we're very appreciative of your continued support!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much for the kind words everyone, we're very glad to hear everyone has great feedback on our tuning and service!

Sorry to hear you were having issues with the truck stock, but hopefully that's in the past now and you can get it tuned once you've put some more shakedown miles on your ride.

Skip shifting under light acceleration can help to eliminate unnecessary shifts to make the transition a bit more seamless and less abrupt at part throttle, cruising at low speeds, etc. But a lot of it is honestly user's preference. Our calibrator drives a A10 F-150 as one of his daily's for example, and he cannot stand it skipping gears all the time as he mentions often in our dyno / tune videos. Then I've had an A10 Mustang client that asked to have their tune setup more similar to stock for when the wife drives it where it skips gears part throttle and press the pedal down harder and it uses all 10 gears still when he's doing some more spirited driving for all out acceleration.

Thank you for your order!

We were working late last night to get the backlog of tune requests caught up after hours once the phones stop ringing. So please shoot me your info if you have not received your tune update reply and I'll take a look at it for you. Average turn around time is 24-48 hours from the business day the request was received, but we always strive to get customers taken care of asap.

Thanks again guys, we're very appreciative of your continued support!
I sent the stock tune and email yesterday evening.

Let me know if I omitted any info or screwed up the stock tune upload

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I sent the stock tune and email yesterday evening.

Let me know if I omitted any info or screwed up the stock tune upload
Send them a message/conversation and you will have a faster response

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Update from my side:

I flashed the softer shifting tune today that allows for skip shifts (like stock). So happy right now. It's the best of both worlds for someone who needs to drive to work everyday but wants the power on tap when needed. Shifts are much more streetable now but when you put the pedal down it still pushes you back in your seat.

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Just uploaded my factory tune....I think. A little window came up, but I didn't see an "e-mail" ?‍♂ . I e-mailed all the Section D info too. Do they @Livernois Motorsports send you a list to choose from ?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Just uploaded my factory tune....I think. A little window came up, but I didn't see an "e-mail" ?‍♂ . I e-mailed all the Section D info too. Do they @Livernois Motorsports send you a list to choose from ?
They dont send you a list. When I emailed my info in I got the low and high octane tunes. After the tow tune cam in I asked for that. Unlike 5 Star you get all tunes for life, nit a select few for life.

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Has anyone started to get a weird clutch chatter sound from the tranny as lower rpm’s increase? Comes and goes, but recently started after being tuned for a few thousand miles. I’m fairly easy on the pedal. Might start a new thread...

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Has anyone started to get a weird clutch chatter sound from the tranny as lower rpm’s increase? Comes and goes, but recently started after being tuned for a few thousand miles. I’m fairly easy on the pedal. Might start a new thread...
You might be hearing a heat shield rattle since the trucks don’t have clutches.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
They dont actually send anything. Next time you connect the calibrator to your pc, the custom tunes will automatically download.

If you dont see one you want, just reply to email and request it

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
They dont send you a list. When I emailed my info in I got the low and high octane tunes. After the tow tune cam in I asked for that. Unlike 5 Star you get all tunes for life, nit a select few for life.
Call me a simpleton, but how do I know what tunes they offer, other than what others have mentioned on here.....I guess I could search for "livernois tunes" and read every post... It just seems they would have a list to see what they offer and maybe a brief description of how each one performs... I've looked on their website, but absolutely nothing, except that they offer a tuner and tunes for our Rangers and a dyno sheet. A list would really simplify it and make it waaaay more user friendly.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Call me a simpleton, but how do I know what tunes they offer, other than what others have mentioned on here.....I guess I could search for "livernois tunes" and read every post... It just seems they would have a list to see what they offer and maybe a brief description of how each one performs... I've looked on their website, but absolutely nothing, except that they offer a tuner and tunes for our Rangers and a dyno sheet. A list would really simplify it and make it waaaay more user friendly.
Pickup the phone and call them.
Pick option for sales.

Dont know why folks refuse to talk to people anymore.

Will get much more info than some list.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
From what I can tell they offer:
87-89 Performance
91-93 Performance
87+ Tow
Your stock file

With options that allow you to choose:
Softer shifts or Sporty shifts
Sequential gearing or skip shift
Auto Start/Stop defeated or Default

I think realistically you're paying for the Performance tune they just happen to be very gracious about meeting customers needs. Something I really appreciate.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Just sent my stock tune in. A little nervous now. First time tuner.
Sponsored