Livernois Tuning released

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I installed the tune 2 weeks ago. The truck scoots! I still have the 1-3 shifts though? Waiting on a response from Livernois to see what is up.
Sponsored

Len

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fleet Manager/Automotive Engineer
Thank you for your order!

Glad to hear you've been enjoying the tune. I would be happy to help get that towing tune set up for you to download, I'll just need to get your info. So feel free to shoot us a PM or give us a call and I'll look into that for you asap. Thanks again for your business and I hope you have a great day!
[/QUOTE
I installed the tune 2 weeks ago. The truck scoots! I still have the 1-3 shifts though? Waiting on a response from Livernois to see what is up.
I have the 1-3 shift under light acceleration as well. I've done a few launches with the turbo spooled up and the first shift is violent enough to get a good amount of wheel spin................. No complaints.....I love it!! Problem is I forgot to see if it shifts 1-3 under hard acceleration. I'll check tomorrow.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
so what happens to the trailer tow button and sport mode after loading a performance tune? do they still change things or do they just not work anymore?
They still work as advertised but with more HP and more oomph!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered it.....now, the dreaded wait......:frown:

Len

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fleet Manager/Automotive Engineer
So after a 350+ mile trip over two mountain passes and back yesterday I can comment on how this tune (91-93 Performance Tune)will work for me as a regular day to day driver. It works for me on so many levels. I averaged 65-85 mph depending on the terrain and the curves in the passes. On the long straights in Eastern WA traffic was averaging 90 in some places.....so I had to oblige. I drove it hard in places, accelerated full throttle from stops on many occasions and didn't attempt any hypermiling BS at any point on the trip.........I just had fun driving.

Under moderate acceleration, if you back off the throttle a bit right before the shifts, they will feel a bit abrupt but under normal acceleration they are crisp. Of course under full acceleration the first and second shift will launch you forward. If I powerbrake a bit and spool the turbo before a launch the ass end will break loose and I'll get a good chirp or plenty of wheel spin on the 1-2 shift depending on the type of surface. It's flat out quick for what it is. I don't have 0-60 or 1/4 mile times to compare stock vs. tuned performance, just 35 years in the automotive field as an engineer and mechanic to know that I got every pennies worth of the 600 bucks I spent.

On the fuel economy side......
This is far from scientific but I've made this same trip 8-10 times in the last few months and after driving as noted above, I averaged 22.1 mpg per the computer. Every other trip previous I could only achieve 20.3 when driving normally and in some cases hypermiling a bit to achieve the best mileage.

I reached out to Livernois by PM and email about the towing tune. They responded same day with updates to my account which included the towing tune and the revised performance tunes. I plugged the tuner into the computer and the updates automatically downloaded. Havent tried the towing tune yet but since I do tow frequently I thought it a must.

Your mileage and opinion may vary a bit but for me this tune from Livernois was worth every penny.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Finally ordered mine. Glad the $499 was extended.

Cant beat that deal. Hope Livernois is selling a crap load of them.

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
so what happens to the trailer tow button and sport mode after loading a performance tune? do they still change things or do they just not work anymore?
The factory drive modes will still function when tuned same as they would have stock, so no worries there. We spend a great deal of time during the tune development to ensure all drive modes play well with the tunes. However please be sure you are still switching to the towing specific custom tune when you plan to tow / haul significant loads to be safe.

I have the 1-3 shift under light acceleration as well. I've done a few launches with the turbo spooled up and the first shift is violent enough to get a good amount of wheel spin................. No complaints.....I love it!! Problem is I forgot to see if it shifts 1-3 under hard acceleration. I'll check tomorrow.
We can set up the tunes with or without the skip shift enabled, so we can always disable that if you are still seeing it during part throttle / light acceleration. Some customers feel it's a bit more abrupt of a shift than they'd like if it uses all 10 gears at 100% all times so some calibrations have that decision based off of throttle position.

Last edited:

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my 93 octane tune last evening and I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results! The difference is quite noticeable. This is my first automatic transmission vehicle with this type of performance and it's pretty cool to have that extra performance on tap when needed. The added punch is more more than I expected. The ability to correct the speedometer with the MyCalibtator is an added bonus. The install was quick and simple.

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We can set up the tunes with or without the skip shift enabled, so we can always disable that if you are still seeing it during part throttle / light acceleration. Some customers feel it's a bit more abrupt of a shift than they'd like if it uses all 10 gears at 100% all times so some calibrations have that decision based off of throttle position.
Any benefit to eliminating skip shifting? Under hard acceleration mine will shift to second some time. I'm used to trans with OD and maybe 4 gears. Are we gaining better acceleration and losing fuel economy or anything?

PS I had ordered a tune and canceled it bc I thought I was having some trans issues, after a few miles things lined out. Can definitely say customer service is amazing at Livernois. Going to get another could thousand miles on to make sure no other issues and reorder, shouldn't be hard as I put 1k on the first week I had it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Any benefit to eliminating skip shifting? Under hard acceleration mine will shift to second some time. I'm used to trans with OD and maybe 4 gears. Are we gaining better acceleration and losing fuel economy or anything?

PS I had ordered a tune and canceled it bc I thought I was having some trans issues, after a few miles things lined out. Can definitely say customer service is amazing at Livernois. Going to get another could thousand miles on to make sure no other issues and reorder, shouldn't be hard as I put 1k on the first week I had it.
For fuel mileage I can say you will increase with the Livernois tune. I am running it and I increased while having a lift and bigger tires. Just going to work and back i gaind between 1-2mpg(not much but adds up) and I gained a little more from what I lost with the lift and tires.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just uploaded stock tune to Livernois.

.........now the wait.

ca3ce5661f36a63d48edf0560b41db87.jpg
Haha, it won't be long. They're really good at responding quickly. It sure feels longer than it is though!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, it won't be long. They're really good at responding quickly. It sure feels longer than it is though!
But it's been an hour!!!!!

Hehe, I am not expecting it until Friday at the earliest...all good. Patience is not my strong suit.

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
Your patience will be rewarded soon Hounddog! I can not be happier with the tunes and Livernois customer support! BTW! O-H!
Sponsored