Ford Officially Releases Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I just downloaded for the VIN that @UofMEngineer posted earlier and got a new zip that included all 6 files. The other 5 are identical in size to what I got - it just includes the 5UST-14G391-CM.tar file in it.

@UofMEngineer - if I want to install this, do I need to update the autoinstall.lst file with this additional file? It does appear in the autoinstall.lst file in the new zip. I thought I had remembered you saying we just needed to add it to the SyncMyRide folder and it would get picked up but I wanted to confirm.

I'm wondering if this is why it keeps telling me there is an update available - because this file isn't updated?
If all files are the same, you can just use the other autointall.lst / entire package instead. Even quicker than editing. Put the -CM file in SyncMyRide, copy that, go. No idea why the system keeps saying one is available though.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I just re-downloaded it a few mins ago and I still only get 5 files. I'm missing the 5UST-14G391-CM.tar file
Yeah, this is happening to me, too.

Not sure why I didn't get notifications about recent posts in this thread, so I missed the early talk about the CM file being missing. But mine definitely didn't include it. I re-downloaded today (Ford site still says I have an update available) and while there are some file size differences between the new download and what I installed before, I still got the same number of files and I'm still missing the CM file.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this is happening to me, too.

Not sure why I didn't get notifications about recent posts in this thread, so I missed the early talk about the CM file being missing. But mine definitely didn't include it. I re-downloaded today (Ford site still says I have an update available) and while there are some file size differences between the new download and what I installed before, I still got the same number of files and I'm still missing the CM file.
For me, all the other files were exactly the same (names and sizes) as what I downloaded over a week ago. It was just missing the one file.

My theory on why it keeps telling me that there is an update available is that although I've updated MOST of the files, since I didn't get that one file, it still thinks I need an upgrade (which I do). So whatever is creating the download package is out of sync with whatever is figuring out if you are up to date. It will be interesting to see if I get a "you are up to date" once I apply this last file.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks for the help. Ford needs to clean this process up, very sloppy.

For the Map update to 119, I went to that site and all it offers is for me to buy a $40. flash drive with the new map files. Is there no way to just download for free? Do we have to pay the $40. each time they update the maps? I do not see any option to download.

As for the missing file, I went back and downloaded the zip file again, and again it only contained 5 files. I used the VIN from post 206 and it contains all 6 files.

I think this question has been answered, but I want to confirm before proceeding. Can I use the files from the vin from post 206, the entire set of files and try updating again? Or do I need to take the missing file from the other VIN and add that file to my set of files for my VIN?

@UofMEngineer - I have sent you PM with my VIN. Can you please check to see why Ford is not including the 6th file?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this question has been answered, but I want to confirm before proceeding. Can I use the files from the vin from post 206, the entire set of files and try updating again? Or do I need to take the missing file from the other VIN and add that file to my set of files for my VIN?
Yeah, if you have NA NAV, then the other VIN download will work fine. It's the exact same thing, only it has the voice pack. You can use it directly, or copy the file over and edit the lst, but just using it instead is easier.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the help. Ford needs to clean this process up, very sloppy.

For the Map update to 119, I went to that site and all it offers is for me to buy a $40. flash drive with the new map files. Is there no way to just download for free? Do we have to pay the $40. each time they update the maps? I do not see any option to download.

As for the missing file, I went back and downloaded the zip file again, and again it only contained 5 files. I used the VIN from post 206 and it contains all 6 files.

@UofMEngineer - I have sent you PM with my VIN. Can you please check to see why Ford is not including the 6th file?
For the 119 map update....
if the site is only offering you the $40 USB, then it must think that you already downloaded the 119 update. If you updated the maps with an older version of Sync, it could have been one that had the bug that would not display the updated map version.

Options are:
-If you still have that old map download and license file, you could reinstall it and the version should update in the display.
-When the original map update was downloaded, you would have received an email confirmation with a link that allows you to re-download.
-Leave it as-is and wait for another map update to come out (if/when...).

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
-When the original map update was downloaded, you would have received an email confirmation with a link that allows you to re-download.
And since that link is persistent, and ford is obviously tracking that because the available options change after you download once, ford could easily tell you "hey, you already signed up for this before, here's the info" instead of trying to trick people into buying a $40 thumbdrive instead. Could, but decided not to.

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Is anyone able to say what this missing file 5U5T-14G391-CM is supposed to do? Comparing the download available from post 206 and my 2019 lariat, is it just a missing file? The other files are different sizes when compared to mine. I just don't want to mess anything up by reinstalling with this missing file. Thanks.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Is anyone able to say what this missing file 5U5T-14G391-CM is supposed to do? Comparing the download available from post 206 and my 2019 lariat, is it just a missing file? The other files are different sizes when compared to mine. I just don't want to mess anything up by reinstalling with this missing file. Thanks.
It is the updated voice recognition file.

UofMEngineer may be able to provide additional information.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The files in the zip file for my VIN match exactly with the files in the zip file for the VIN from post 206. The only difference is the missing file. Sounds like you have different files altogether.

Thanks guys for the tips on the map update. I found the email and the link still worked. I have downloaded the 119 update and will try to update again.

I'm also going to update my system using the files from the vin from post 206. Will let you know how all of this goes.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Checked another used vehicle VIN that apparently has 302A like mine (this one a Lariat, whereas mine is an XLT), and it also lacks the CM file.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already stated above, but this contains all of the prompts, commands, TTS, etc. for voice recognition and prompting. If you're on one from v3.3, it's probably something like 30+ revisions behind the latest.

Checked another used vehicle VIN that apparently has 302A like mine (this one a Lariat, whereas mine is an XLT), and it also lacks the CM file.
If you have NAV, you should be able to use the one from the earlier post. If not, I'll see if I can find a VIN for Non-Nav (4" or 8") that's working.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Good news! I first did the map update to 119. That dam thing took 2 hours and I almost turned off my truck to start over. Info now shows I have the 119 version.

I also repeated the sync update using the files from the other vin, worked perfectly. That one took about 20 minutes and it wrote the xml file at the end. Perhaps it does not write the xml file unless everything is updated correctly, who knows.

Everything tested out good, including the VR button, no more chime and Say a Command. Just a beep and you can s tart talking.

Thanks for all the help!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Does the Non Nav update have the -CM file as well. I checked my .zip file and its only got 5 files. I checked another VIN for a 2019 XLT non nav with the same radio as mine and I just downloaded the .zip file for that and it doesn't have the -CM file as well. If i check my VIN on the website it says its up to date.

Looks like the VIN posted in Post #206 is for a 2020 Escape with NAV that one does have the -CM file.
Sponsored