Ford Officially Releases Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew. I just did a second Synch 3.4 update to Build 20282. I have attempted three times to get the XML log file and followed screen prompts exactly. I don't get the file and I am unable to report back to Ford I made the update. Also, gasoline prices are missing from the Fuel Price App.

Has anyone has this experience the XML Log file issue and been able to resolve it? I have read that some people are seeing missing fuel prices. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew. I just did a second Synch 3.4 update to Build 20282. I have attempted three times to get the XML log file and followed screen prompts exactly. I don't get the file and I am unable to report back to Ford I made the update. Also, gasoline prices are missing from the Fuel Price App.

Has anyone has this experience the XML Log file issue and been able to resolve it? I have read that some people are seeing missing fuel prices. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you.
I would confirm all of the updated files were installed - see post #209. There should have been 6 files in the SyncMyRide folder. Once you report back to Ford the update has been installed, the updated files will no longer be available for download for your VIN#.

If you connect to wifi and search for updates it will report back to Ford that the update has been installed.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

I successfully updated to 20282 and got the XML file, uploaded it to Ford and go the "success" message after uploading it, but the Ford updater still says I need the upgrade - and it has been a week now. I think I'll give up.

Don't feel bad - you aren't alone.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing

I have a 2019 XLT Supercrew. I also updated to 3.4 build 20282 and also did NOT get the XML file. I tried unplugging the USB drive multiple times, restarting the truck, leaving the USB drive in for a long time, nothing worked. Every time the truck just re-ran the installation, I followed the prompts, system said the process was successful, I cycled the ignition, no XML file. I even contacted customer support who basically told me "the truck will send an update to Ford's system over-the-air without you needing to update the XML on the website manually". (See my post #163).

However, after several weeks and many miles of driving, the Ford owner website still has not updated, and still says I have an update available. At this point I don't know what can be done. And Ford can't force their system on their end. so... ?‍♂

I figure by the time there's another Sync update for our trucks it will be years down the road (if ever). So I'm not overly worried about it now.

Last edited:

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have a 2019 XLT Supercrew. I also updated to 3.4 build 20282 and also did NOT get the XML file. I tried unplugging the USB drive multiple times, restarting the truck, leaving the USB drive in for a long time, nothing worked. Every time the truck just re-ran the installation, I followed the prompts, system said the process was successful, I cycled the ignition, no XML file. I even contacted customer support who basically told me "the truck will send an update to Ford's system over-the-air without you needing to update the XML on the website manually". (See my post #163).

However, after several weeks and many miles of driving, the Ford owner website still has not updated, and still says I have an update available. At least point I don't know what can be done. And Ford can't force their system on their end. so... ?‍♂

I figure by the time there's another Sync update for our trucks it will be years down the road (if ever). So I'm not overly worried about it now.
And you know what....who cares what Ford knows. My file failed the first time I updated...I gave it a second and last throw. The failure is on Ford. The truck works and I can get to the store. I'm happy.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I updated my 2019 Lariat and had the same issue with no log file. Mine took about 30 minutes and then a message popped and said Restarting...and then another message popped up and said the update was complete, remove usb....before I could even read the rest of the message, the screen went dark. It stayed there for about3 or 4 minutes and I turned off the truck. After the restart, it took a while (another few minutes), but the screen turned on and I was at SYNC3 v3.4.20282.

After a 3rd restart, I got a message that said the system has been updated. I can run the Check for Updates and it now says my system is up to date. It never said anything before. The ford site still thinks I need the update, but like others already said, who cares.

The file the website built for my update looks like this
1610498912699.png

I only have 5 files in the syncmyride folder,
1610497961347.png

Mine now shows Gracenote Ver 1.1.1.2218 (NA-0020)

It doesn't look like the nav maps were updated. Mine still shows NA 117. Perhaps that is still the most recent?

When I hit the VR button, I get the chime, and it says Say A Command. If others say that has changed for NA trucks, then perhaps I did miss something??

After the update, XM radio had to update and things were a little slow for a few minutes.

So did I miss something with a missing 6th file?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I updated my 2019 Lariat and had the same issue with no log file. Mine took about 30 minutes and then a message popped and said Restarting...and then another message popped up and said the update was complete, remove usb....before I could even read the rest of the message, the screen went dark. It stayed there for about3 or 4 minutes and I turned off the truck. After the restart, it took a while (another few minutes), but the screen turned on and I was at SYNC3 v3.4.20282.

After a 3rd restart, I got a message that said the system has been updated. I can run the Check for Updates and it now says my system is up to date. It never said anything before. The ford site still thinks I need the update, but like others already said, who cares.

1610498912699.png

1610497961347.png

It doesn't look like the nav maps were updated. Mine still shows NA 117. Perhaps that is still the most recent?

When I hit the VR button, I get the chime, and it says Say A Command. If others say that has changed for NA trucks, then perhaps I did miss something??

After the update, XM radio had to update and things were a little slow for a few minutes.

The latest maps are 119. You can go here to check:
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

A few things about this site and the map updates...
1. Be sure to use the Sync ESN and not the modem ESN.
2. If you download the maps, keep the order confirmation email in case you need to download again.
3. When you run the map update, ignore the complete messages until you get the one that stays on the screen and the system no longer restarts on its own. It should take about an hour (+/-) to update the maps.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4

1610498912699.png

1610497961347.png

Yes - you are missing the updated NA Language Pack file 5U5T-14G391-CM

Capture.JPG

If you follow the procedure I posted in post # 209, you should be able to see the file name of the NA Language pack file you currently have installed. You most likely have CL or earlier. The CM file is a significant improvement over previous versions.

As UofMEngineer mentioned earlier, if you haven't reported to Ford the update has been installed, you should be able to re-download the update and the missing file "should" be included as Ford was correcting this error in the download. Then you can simply reinstall the update and only the missing file(s) will be installed. Another option would be to download the update for another VIN # that has all 6 files, then reinstall the update - refer to post # 206.

If using the VIN # from another vehicle to download the update, just be sure in your case, the vehicle is equipped with Navigation.

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid

1610498912699.png

1610497961347.png

Try re-downloading the update. I was told this had been fixed...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Try re-downloading the update. I was told this had been fixed...
I just re-downloaded it a few mins ago and I still only get 5 files. I'm missing the 5UST-14G391-CM.tar file

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As UofMEngineer mentioned earlier, if you haven't reported to Ford the update has been installed, you should be able to re-download the update and the missing file "should" be included as Ford was correcting this error in the download.
I just downloaded again, Ford has not corrected the problem.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
does this not come in over automatic updates? i am connected to my home wifi, and i hit check for updates, but i get nothing. im still on 3.3.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just downloaded for the VIN that @UofMEngineer posted earlier and got a new zip that included all 6 files. The other 5 are identical in size to what I got - it just includes the 5UST-14G391-CM.tar file in it.

@UofMEngineer - if I want to install this, do I need to update the autoinstall.lst file with this additional file? It does appear in the autoinstall.lst file in the new zip. I thought I had remembered you saying we just needed to add it to the SyncMyRide folder and it would get picked up but I wanted to confirm.

I'm wondering if this is why it keeps telling me there is an update available - because this file isn't updated?
Sponsored