Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
New Sync 3 version available (3.4.22251) for download from Ford today. No clue what is in it.

Who wants to go first?
People who download from Cyanlabs are already on it. I haven't seen any issues. Read post here.

Frank

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
New Sync 3 version available (3.4.22251) for download from Ford today. No clue what is in it.

Who wants to go first?
Had it since October. No major changes noted.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I say no upgradation without explanation!
According to Cyanlabs, this is an apps update. So if you're not using the Ford apps, you could probably pass.

I updated by USB, and completed (conformation) by Wi-Fi.

Frank

Last edited:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I tried updating to the latest version via WIFI. The Ranger is 10 ft away from the modem on the other side of the garage wall. The "checking for updates" circles went around & around & around for over 45 minutes. I finally shut everything down and downloaded the update onto a thumb-drive. Update took about 10 minutes.

I still can not upload the xml file on Ford's web site, so it is still showing that an update is available. :mad:

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I tried updating to the latest version via WIFI. The Ranger is 10 ft away from the modem on the other side of the garage wall. The "checking for updates" circles went around & around & around for over 45 minutes. I finally shut everything down and downloaded the update onto a thumb-drive. Update took about 10 minutes.

I still can not upload the xml file on Ford's web site, so it is still showing that an update is available. :mad:
Now that you are "updated" by USB, try connecting again to "update". I find it will send the acknowledgement file. This should complete it. Also just check to ensure you are connected to your modem first.

Frank

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I did the first update via thumb-drive shortly after I got my truck in May 2019, and haven't done any since....too many folks having weird issues afterwards. Plus it's a pain in the ass, so no more updates for me.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Now that you are "updated" by USB, try connecting again to "update". I find it will send the acknowledgement file. This should complete it. Also just check to ensure you are connected to your modem first.

Frank
Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

OTA updates are staged out, you can't get it day one, or necessarily at the same time some other guy got theirs. The USB method is available for those who can't wait another day for an update they won't notice. :)

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I updated today, took about 15 to 20 minutes. I was even able to upload the XML file.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but the fonts on the nav screen seem crisper. Other than that I didn't notice anything else.
Did you use WIFI or a thumb drive?

My 2020 Escape updated just fine via WIFI today & the web site shows that it is current.

Ranger is still a no go. It won't upload the update confirmation via WIFI or by uploading the XML file on their web site. It's not the end of the world.....but it sure irritates me!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Had it since October. No major changes noted.
Are you sure its 22251 and not 22200 that came out a few months ago?

Edit: I just logged into my online Ford account, and it shows that the update is available. I'm going to download it now and do the USB method in a day or two.
Sponsored

Last edited: