First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
my only issue with the last update, it wont allow me to reply voice to a text that came in :(
It says it wont let me for my safety! so you want me to pick up my phone and text while driving then?
I use android auto and Love it! I cant live without my youtube music play lists ( I drive a Lot! ) in the last 3 months I have put 7000 miles on my truck and I just turned 20k two days ago ....

20230901_123817.jpg
I know this thread is a month old, but i saw that you have the same single screen that I have. I really wish that an update would allow you to scroll through ALL of the radio presets via the steering wheel control. It is so annoying to scroll through the first 6 or so, and then have to swipe on the screen to go to the next "page" of presets, and then go back to using the steering wheel controls. I've considered getting an aftermarket stereo just to fix that!!!
Sponsored

Wablackwell22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
I donā€™t get itā€¦ why does Ford NOT make the updates available to everyone? Do they really push them out regionally, and in diff time waves?
Just logged inā€¦ says my ā€˜23 is current with 3.4.21194
IMG_0884.jpeg
My 23 has the same version. I'd like to update to 23188, but my laptop Sh** the bed a few weeks ago, and i really don't want to buy a new one just to run Cyanlabs update software. I'm not sure I want to use the manual install process shown on Cyanlabs' website, because with my luck, I'd probably jack it up somehow, and brick my truck.

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
My 23 has the same version. I'd like to update to 23188, but my laptop Sh** the bed a few weeks ago, and i really don't want to buy a new one just to run Cyanlabs update software. I'm not sure I want to use the manual install process shown on Cyanlabs' website, because with my luck, I'd probably jack it up somehow, and brick my truck.
What's interesting to me is that your picture shows that you updated your maps, when I go to the sync update page it does not show that I updated mine so I figured I did not get a complete install and I tried reinstalling my maps with the same USB I used to install them before and after a while of installing I get a mem 3 error. My sync screen tells me I am on 2.22 and they seem to work just fine.

Last edited:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I checked the Ford web site and it indicates that 3.4.23118 is available for my 2022 Tremor. It also indicates that I have to take it to the dealer to have the update done. There is no option to download the update onto a thumb drive.

I made an appointment to have the update done 10-16-23, and when they looked yesterday (10-2-2023), they weren't able to find any SYNC updates available......but we kept the appointment date open anyway.

This morning I called Ford Sync support. They found that there was some conflicting VIN information in their systems for my Ranger and that it was showing that I have SYNC 4....I don't, I have SYNC 3. (This isn't the first hiccup with this vehicle & the radio...back in May, I tried updating the maps and discovered that the ESN on the Ford web site and the ESN displayed on the radio screen were not the same. That took a visit to the dealer to correct as well.)

Anyway, the guy at Ford Sync Support said he corrected the mistake and that for this update, and for my vehicle, I still need to take it in, and that the dealer will probably have to call them to help assist with the update.

Since there are some issues, I don't think I am brave enough to try the Cyan Lab update.

Are any of you with 2022 Tremors running into any issues like this, or am I just the lucky one?

kx885

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
The update hasn't fixed my issues. The radio still blares incredibly loud as soon as I start the vehicle. The windshield wipers still will not turn off until I shut off the vehicle, even then they come on again sometimes after a restart. I can't use the Ford Pass app to do anything with the vehicle. I've tried removing/adding the truck back to the app but I cannot check the connectivity settings from within the vehicle. The option just spins a progress wheel indefinitely and the add process fails. Complete trash. I can't wait until the lease ends and I can get a better vehicle. I'm so disappointed. No wonder I hardly see any other 5th gen Rangers on the road.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
The update hasn't fixed my issues. The radio still blares incredibly loud as soon as I start the vehicle. The windshield wipers still will not turn off until I shut off the vehicle, even then they come on again sometimes after a restart. I can't use the Ford Pass app to do anything with the vehicle. I've tried removing/adding the truck back to the app but I cannot check the connectivity settings from within the vehicle. The option just spins a progress wheel indefinitely and the add process fails. Complete trash. I can't wait until the lease ends and I can get a better vehicle. I'm so disappointed. No wonder I hardly see any other 5th gen Rangers on the road.
Obviously has a problem that hasnā€™t been fixed. Plenty of 5th gen Rangers where I live.

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Since you are having issues with Sync plus unrelated problems such as the wipers, I think your best bet is to disconnect the battery for a short time and let all the hardware reset. (Or pull the appropriate fuses.) If you disconnect the battery, check the manual for things to be aware of when changing the 12v battery.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Since you are having issues with Sync plus unrelated problems such as the wipers, I think your best bet is to disconnect the battery for a short time and let all the hardware reset. (Or pull the appropriate fuses.) If you disconnect the battery, check the manual for things to be aware of when changing the 12v battery.
He would rather come on here and trash the Ranger instead of getting it fixed. TROLL

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
I can't use the Ford Pass app to do anything with the vehicle. I've tried removing/adding the truck back to the app but I cannot check the connectivity settings from within the vehicle. The option just spins a progress wheel indefinitely and the add process fails.
I would call Ford. I had similar issues with the FordPass app and my 2019 Ranger after the update from 21194 to 23188. My FordPass Vehicle information was no longer updating (current vehicle location, odometer, distance to empty, tire pressure). I called Ford customer care and they ran me through numerous troubleshooting steps over about two hours. They had me remove the vehicle from FordPass, toggle off/on all the Sync FordPass Connect Connectivity Settings, and perform a Key cycle. After these steps, I was no longer able to toggle the FordPass Connect Connectivity Settings on. They had me drive around for a bit and then try again. Eventually, I was able to toggle the settings back on, but I was unable to add/activate my vehicle in FordPass (Activation Error). Eventually, I was able to activate the vehicle and the vehicle info was now updating. My initial problem was solved, but a new problem had arisen. The FordPass remote unlock, lock and engine start was no longer functioning. They had me drive around some more, but with no success. They said they had exhausted all troubleshooting and escalated my ticket to the engineering team. The next day the FordPass remote features started working again. When they called me back they indicated that there had been some other customer calls with similar issues that they are researching.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Well, after multiple failed attempts and the system trying to run updates for 2+ months now and not even recognizing the thumb drive, I took it in today to Koons Ford, Annapolis, MD to be looked at.

My extended Premium Care service plan runs through Oct '24, and they just quoted me over $1300 :mad: to replace the APIM... after I šŸ’©'d myself, and politely replied to the email, text message and left a message... they called back to confirm that it IS actually covered and will cost me the $100 deductible rather than the $1300+ šŸ¤”. So the APIM has to be replaced.

For reference, this is the message I had received twice:
1699913996306.png

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Glad that they will help you out Scott. I hope that is the problem and the new AIPM fixes it. Keep us informed.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Ranger back from Koons tonight after they had it for 4 days. APIM was supposedly replaced, yet it has the same 22251 version with an update date of 9-8-22, attempted to update, ran for 3 hours and gave up. Same issue. Another fail.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Got the Ranger back from Koons tonight after they had it for 4 days. APIM was supposedly replaced, yet it has the same 22251 version with an update date of 9-8-22, attempted to update, ran for 3 hours and gave up. Same issue. Another fail.
Scott, I highly recommend you try updating using the CyanLabs if you have not already tried.

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
They obviously did a half-ass job on this. They should have updated the system before giving it back to you. Iā€™d be skeptical they did anything at all.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
They obviously did a half-ass job on this. They should have updated the system before giving it back to you. Iā€™d be skeptical they did anything at all.
I agree. What is koons??? Let me guess a ford dealer??? LOL
Sponsored