First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
How come your friends aren't allowed in the house to watch TV? (I say that in jest, of course, but have noticed many garages out here with tv's and such in them). Why is that?
Smokers. "I don't smoke in the house."

It was my house. I smoked in it.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
How come your friends aren't allowed in the house to watch TV? (I say that in jest, of course, but have noticed many garages out here with tv's and such in them). Why is that?
They are. I live alone so I don't have the "wife doesn't like my friends" issues some guys deal with. I have an old farm house an the rooms aren't that big an fitting 8 people in to watch a game is tight. I just put my car outside an sometimes move the mower an there's a big open area. My garage is heated an has a half bath an fridge so everything is there you need.

One of my friends has a keg fridge in his garage an a wood burner. Probably 2 or 3 times a week we hand out there after work.

Guess I run with a garage kind of crowd.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
While I hate to say this being the Ranger lover that I am....... but in this situation have you considered just going to an F150? Might have to order it to get the price down lower that the trucks you'll find on the dealer lot. But if you avoid the itch (difficult!) to check the various option boxes you can keep the price on the lower end of the truck scale. And you'd actually get the F150. Unlike trying to order a Ranger in the current environment. Bottom line, you'd be in a new truck versus paying premium prices for a used truck that may well contain someone else's hidden headache.

I routinely build trucks on Ford's site just looking at various pricing scenarios. I'm weird, I know. And if something happened to my Ranger in this current "can't get a Ranger" environment I'd just move on to a bigger ride.

Just my 2 cents.
I did consider it. But the f150 I'd want is going to be significantly more expensive than a Ranger, and besides, my last 5 trucks were all full size. The reason I got my dearly departed ranger was to downsize.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
the f150 I'd want
Yep. My problem exactly. Even working hard to resist the various option boxes I end up at $65K+. :facepalm: I need this. Oh, and I need that. While I can build/price one fairly close to the bottom of the pricing spectrum, it doesn't mean it's the truck I'd want.

Don't get me started on the way I build F350's and rationalize the pricing. :giggle:

Last edited:

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
Glad you an yours are ok. I didn't think it looked bad until I saw what looks like the frame pushed back to the shackles. I'm not a fan of saving a vehicle if it has frame damage but if it's still square an the only damage is behind the suspension mounting points I'd be ok with it, especially now with the Tom Foolery the dealers are trying to pull. If I took this hit an was having other issues with the truck I'd be trying to dump it by having it totaled. I've had no real problems (one check engine light) in 42K miles so I'd be trying to save mine if the damage is reasonable.

Good luck how ever it goes.
I had a 2003 Ranger and I was hit by a drunk driver. Insurance wanted it fixed and it was...and it was never the same. Stuff just wasn't right. If ever I get in an accident from this point forward unless it is very very mild I am pushing hard for it to be totaled.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They are. I live alone so I don't have the "wife doesn't like my friends" issues some guys deal with. I have an old farm house an the rooms aren't that big an fitting 8 people in to watch a game is tight. I just put my car outside an sometimes move the mower an there's a big open area. My garage is heated an has a half bath an fridge so everything is there you need.

One of my friends has a keg fridge in his garage an a wood burner. Probably 2 or 3 times a week we hand out there after work.

Guess I run with a garage kind of crowd.
I think I would use the house for storage & live in the garage. 🤔 :cool:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think I would use the house for storage & live in the garage. 🤔 :cool:
tvgarage.jpg

It looks tiny but that's a 50" TV. Black friday I hope to find a deal on a 75" to replace it with. Added bonus is I can clean it up with a leaf blower an hose, can't do that to the living room.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Exactly that. My wife and I often marvel at the stuff some folks cram in the garage and leave expensive vehicles outside in the elements.
Up the road from my parent's, there is a house with 3 car attached garage on right, next to it a camper shed (camper not moved in 3-4 years). On left side basement there are 2 garage doors with a deck covering it - ALL of their cars sit outside :surprised:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
camper not moved in 3-4 years
The marina my friend keeps his boat in is full of boats that never leave. A few don't have functioning engines an one has no engine at all. They pay their dock fee to sit on their boat an drink beer with their friends that also have boats that don't move, grill, an have get togethers. You can hand out with your friends an drink beer without spending $3500 a year on a dock for a boat that never moves.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The marina my friend keeps his boat in is full of boats that never leave. A few don't have functioning engines an one has no engine at all. They pay their dock fee to sit on their boat an drink beer with their friends that also have boats that don't move, grill, an have get togethers. You can hand out with your friends an drink beer without spending $3500 a year on a dock for a boat that never moves.
Personally, I think recreational beverages always taste better on a boat, and of course the best kind of boat is someone else's. 🤣🤣

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In other news......

This arduous process is finally over. As of last night I finally was able to replace my 5G with a (new to me) one. I ended up with a 2021 Shadow Black Lariat Tremor. I'll be sure to post some pics for you all when I get out of work.

As soon as I got home the charge pipes went in. cant reuse my flaps from the fx4 so I need to figure out new ones and what I want to do about an airbox/filter. I also think its may be prudent to find the guy/dealer on here that does the extended warranties.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
In other news......

This arduous process is finally over. As of last night I finally was able to replace my 5G with a (new to me) one. I ended up with a 2021 Shadow Black Lariat Tremor. I'll be sure to post some pics for you all when I get out of work.

As soon as I got home the charge pipes went in. cant reuse my flaps from the fx4 so I need to figure out new ones and what I want to do about an airbox/filter. I also think its may be prudent to find the guy/dealer on here that does the extended warranties.
Congrats, even if it IS black 😉
I'm sure it's pretty....enjoy!

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats, even if it IS black 😉
I'm sure it's pretty....enjoy!
I LOVE a black car, always pretty. But it was definitely my last choice, because I HATE owning a black car 😆. But unfortunately beggars can't be choosers.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I LOVE a black car, always pretty. But it was definitely my last choice, because I HATE owning a black car 😆. But unfortunately beggars can't be choosers.
Just order one, should only take year or two.