First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
For those of you that are too young to have smelled a new vehicle back in the dark ages before the plastic smell took over, the old cars had a great new vehicle smell. It was paint fumes. And another smell that was great was gas before they took out the lead. ?

Leaded fuel was a great aftershave!
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
For those of you that are too young to have smelled a new vehicle back in the dark ages before the plastic smell took over, the old cars had a great new vehicle smell. It was paint fumes. And another smell that was great was gas before they took out the lead. ?
10-4 on the leaded gasoline smell. It had a sweeter aroma, akin to WD-40 and Sta-Bil but not that intense. Exhaust smelled better, too, except for older oil burning cars.
60's cloth interior Chrysler Corp. products had the best smell, GM's was ok to my teenage nose.

MrAnalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Las week was the first time I ran the heat since I bought it in March. There is no smell with fan or A/C but with heat there is an odor. It's very hard to describe, may be acrid or plasticky. I haven't driven enough with the heat on to decide if it's subsiding.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Las week was the first time I ran the heat since I bought it in March. There is no smell with fan or A/C but with heat there is an odor. It's very hard to describe, may be acrid or plasticky. I haven't driven enough with the heat on to decide if it's subsiding.
Probably residual coating or paint on the heater core- it should go away with use.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
The smell, probably some guy's shorts from the line after taco Tuesday and he sharted!!:puke:

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Eating too many beans. My wife complains in my ranger when the windows are closed. :like:
Pancakes cause same effect and multiplies 10 fold if I have them with eggs and follow up later with a beer. Gets pretty intense. Dealer says not their problem.
I would take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it! Have you tried updating the SYNC software to Beano 2.0?

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Well, with unfortunately having had first hand experience with a rat getting in my engine bay and chewing on my brand new, fancy cosmetic and rat enticing lariat engine cover: have you checked your engine bay for a dead ? or ??? o_O

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
The smell, probably some guy's shorts from the line after taco Tuesday and he sharted!!:puke:
Back in the good ol' days, we had a customer come in with a random kiinking sound coming from the right rear wheel area in a Mystique that only had a few hundred miles on it. Turned out to be a Mountain Dew can inside the rear door!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Last edited: