First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All my jab's toward motor officers riding whatever their dept's dictate are meant in fun.
I rode motors for 6 years in the 70's-80's, on Harleys, and for pleasure from the 60's to the 90's.
I applaud any motor officers who ride now with traffic and congestion the way it is.
Comparing back then, with now, no way would I be on 2 wheels for a living.
I miss riding and really would love to get another street bike. But with all the crazy drivers out there now and most distracted by their phones it's not worth taking the chance now.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I miss riding and really would love to get another street bike. But with all the crazy drivers out there now and most distracted by their phones it's not worth taking the chance now.
That's partly why wife and I gave it up. That, and if something were to happen, it takes our old bones a loooong time to heal.

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Having the dynamic headlights on my Focus ST was wonderful, but they provided no additional benefit when driving straight. It still had fogs which washed the road pretty nice in addition to the headlights. Never thought one was to replace the other, so I don't understand the "delete" other than cost savings.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
i dont get the no fog light trend for the us specs.... Honda did it with the 11th gen civics for some reason but yet the Canadian models get fog lights like why? it seems like so much extra effort to design two different bumpers for the same damn car

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Having the dynamic headlights on my Focus ST was wonderful, but they provided no additional benefit when driving straight. It still had fogs which washed the road pretty nice in addition to the headlights. Never thought one was to replace the other, so I don't understand the "delete" other than cost savings.
Great to see real world experiences with them. Like I said I've never had them or drove a car with them but it sounds like the fogs still help. Definitely sounds like it's just another deleted item to save money.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
My girlfriends mazda 3 has these the "bending" headlights and fogs. Cool but I'll keep my leds headlights with dd3 amber fogs.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Where there's a will there's a way?

If the pockets were gone on the 5gs even us with ACC have room for 4 cube lights in the lower grill.

I think the biggest PIA for some would be the wiring.

Personally I think even the factory Lariat "fogs" are mostly useless for anything other than looking good. And that goes for most factory fogs on most vehicles. As long as I have somewhere to mount proper lights I'd be happy to skip paying for the factory ones.
I actually use my factory fogs all the time. They are not useless…they give a nice short distance light in front of the truck. Are they critical to see, no. I do have a Lariat with LED’s. What is even better is Amber fogs. They REALLY help during snow storms.
We just bought a new 2023 VW TAOS with adaptive LED projectors. No fogs….now those “bending & self level” headlights are the bomb….

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Has anyone found an amber replacement fog light bulb?

Don't think I would use, but good info to have. Global warming due to all the EV's using fossil fuel to create their energy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I actually use my factory fogs all the time. They are not useless…they give a nice short distance light in front of the truck. Are they critical to see, no. I do have a Lariat with LED’s. What is even better is Amber fogs. They REALLY help during snow storms.
We just bought a new 2023 VW TAOS with adaptive LED projectors. No fogs….now those “bending & self level” headlights are the bomb….
If you find them useful that's great. I did not. Replacements were high on the list of things to "fix" on the truck as delivered from the factory. I work nights, my truck clocks over 80% of it's miles in the dark.

A good set of aftermarket lights is a game changer in my not-so humble opinion. Both the Diode Dynamics and Baja Designs allow you to change color and beam pattern at will. In the case if Baja Designs at least you can configure them 6 different ways.

We are in agreement on the benefits of amber. When I installed my Baja Designs I jumped to amber with some trepidation. I've always ran "driving lights," clear/white, vs "fog lights," amber. I'm glad I listened to the advice of others as the amber is great in the snow, as you said. And it's not as hard on the eyes over log drives as well. I should have been running amber lights for decades.

My wife's Mazda uses the adaptive projectors as well, although it still has factory fogs. At first I thought is was a bit gimmicky but the more I drive it the more I see it's benefits. Although if I drove it more often I would replace the fogs. Like most factory fogs they're a little weak.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
The hell with Greta…ever notice she looks miserable ALL the time?!?
That's because of the stick up her you-know-what.

But at least it's an organic, sustainably-grown one.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
If you find them useful that's great. I did not. Replacements were high on the list of things to "fix" on the truck as delivered from the factory. I work nights, my truck clocks over 80% of it's miles in the dark.

A good set of aftermarket lights is a game changer in my not-so humble opinion. Both the Diode Dynamics and Baja Designs allow you to change color and beam pattern at will. In the case if Baja Designs at least you can configure them 6 different ways.

We are in agreement on the benefits of amber. When I installed my Baja Designs I jumped to amber with some trepidation. I've always ran "driving lights," clear/white, vs "fog lights," amber. I'm glad I listened to the advice of others as the amber is great in the snow, as you said. And it's not as hard on the eyes over log drives as well. I should have been running amber lights for decades.

My wife's Mazda uses the adaptive projectors as well, although it still has factory fogs. At first I thought is was a bit gimmicky but the more I drive it the more I see it's benefits. Although if I drove it more often I would replace the fogs. Like most factory fogs they're a little weak.
Awesome to have a decent conversation with someone! Thank you! I am about to add 6” rectangular amber lights on either side of adaptive cruise control module. I just ordered the mounting brackets today. I am going to keep white LED fogs also. Figured I will have best of both….
The adaptive LED lights on our new TAOS are great. I thought they would be gimmicky, but they actually make a big difference. The next gen rangers are supposed to have them on higher trim levels…..thanks again!
Sponsored