First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Awesome to have a decent conversation with someone! Thank you! I am about to add 6” rectangular amber lights on either side of adaptive cruise control module. I just ordered the mounting brackets today. I am going to keep white LED fogs also. Figured I will have best of both….
The adaptive LED lights on our new TAOS are great. I thought they would be gimmicky, but they actually make a big difference. The next gen rangers are supposed to have them on higher trim levels…..thanks again!
I assume you're going with Diode Dynamics? If so I'd suggest their "driving pattern" if you think the amber's will mostly be used for fog, or their "combo pattern" if more so for the snow.

Actually if it were me I'd probably get all 3 lenses in amber so could can expirement a bit.

I'm watching the 6g, just not intensely. I won't have a need for a new truck for quite a while. And the less I know about expensive new toys the less inclined I am to spend money on them.

While I am the best conversationalist I know, you're pretty alright as well.;)
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I think my bigger concern with all of the deleting of items as cars evolve is that the manufacturers have also DELETED THE SPACE that goes along with it.

For example - Cars used to come with an ashtray the size of Soldier Field. So big it almost had it's own zip code. If you didn't smoke, you could pull it out and put in a CB or Ham Radio, Stereo Amp, Extra Charge Ports, extra gauges, etc. Now there is no ash tray and more importantly no ash tray space. It robs you f the ability to enhance your vehicle beyond the factory configuration.

Hell, even finding a place to mount a cell phone on your dash is a helluva compromise these days. What can you do without ? What can it coverup? Forget about having a tablet up there.

Want to put in A-Pillar gauges? Nope that's Airbag space now on a lot of cars.

Even on the exterior... Look at all of the places we USED to be able to add lights to relatively easily. Now you have to have more brackets and supports than Fred Garvin. And a lot of times, the bracket or rail you want to mount the lights too costs more than the damn lights. What happens when they delete the fogs and then decide that they can use that space for something else.

I hate to say it, but one of the reasons Jeep is so successful is hat they sell you half a car for $65,000 and then you have to spend another $30,000 to finish building it but you get to build it YOUR WAY. It's a bit of a blank canvass. Cars have always been customizable as a part of our American DNA.

But the Millennials and Gen Z have no appetite for even driving. they don't seek that autonomy and independence. If all of their cars were electric powered self driving eggs that gave them a safe space to tik toc for 30 minutes while they ignored the town they live in to get somewhere, they'd be fine with it.

BAAAH!
Take the F-Ing Fog Lights. Take the ashtray. Take the glove-box. What ever. Just leave me the damn space that it used to be in.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Fog Lamps. Although the Ranger isn't on the list as of yet it looks like most (if not all) of the next generation Fords will not have fog lamps. With the addition of Dynamic bending headlights they say there's no need for them now. I've never had this type of headlight and I'm sure they work great but it seems like it would still be nice to have fog lights in the truck lineup. Especially for those who live in really foggy areas where the yellow fogs come in really handy. Sure you can add them but just another thing to spend money on.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/ford-lineup-will-eventually-ditch-fog-lights-altogether/
Not just for fog, driving in the rain, especially heavy rain driving on the freeway I use mine for visibility! Not my visibility so others see me.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Do they "bend" light, or do they bend the time/space continuum to take us where no man has gone before ???
This. Exactly what I'm hoping for. Or I'll trade the foglights for 100 more stock horsepower AND torque. Thar would be a step in the right direction for warp speed. Could you imagine stock with 100 more HP and torque?

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
This is total bullshit. And the bendable headlights, while cool, is just an excuse. It's surprising how often I use my fog lights, for fog, yes, but they greatly increase night time visibility and just look cool. I like the style. I have a 22 and the list of deleted items for that year was disappointing but I never really missed any of them, except for the hood struts, I was looking forward to those. My wife complains about no vanity mirror on the passenger visor. I would definitely miss the foggers. I really feel disappointed for the Lariat customers who didn't get LED headlamps. Maybe trade the fog lights for heated and cooled cup holders, which also light up like the Mustang? I know, dream on...
But, total bullshit I say.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Probably won't be able to use the ac during summer for the same reason. Then there are the lights, entertainment system, power windows, electric power steering, nav system, power locks, power seats, ect ect ect........
And the computer that restricts your speed to whatever limit is on the road you're driving on. And the turbo too. Hell, let's just go back to the Flintstones type of automobile.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
2019 lariat with dd3 amber fogs ftw!!!!

Guardstang

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Auto Parts Store
I had a Kia Stinger with adaptive headlights and thought it was weird for a sports sedan not to have fog lights. The only time I noticed them was starting in the dark and you could see the beams move left-right-up-down for a few seconds.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc