First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Fog Lamps. Although the Ranger isn't on the list as of yet it looks like most (if not all) of the next generation Fords will not have fog lamps. With the addition of Dynamic bending headlights they say there's no need for them now. I've never had this type of headlight and I'm sure they work great but it seems like it would still be nice to have fog lights in the truck lineup. Especially for those who live in really foggy areas where the yellow fogs come in really handy. Sure you can add them but just another thing to spend money on.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/ford-lineup-will-eventually-ditch-fog-lights-altogether/

Ford Authority Executive Editor Alex Luft spoke with Ford of Europe design director, Amko Leenharts, at the 2023 Ford Escape reveal event. When asked about the trend of deleting fog lamps from the Ford lineup, he confirmed that’s certainly the case. “We do, in most of our European products they’re gone,” he said. “If you have the bending lights then you don’t need the fog lights.” Dynamic bending headlights use sensors to measure vehicle speed and steering angle to swivel the headlamps into a bend or curve, which allow drivers to see more of the road when compared to a non-bending setup.

Most new Blue Oval productions do not offer fog lamps anymore. As previously stated, the Mustang falls into this category, as does the Mustang Mach-E. Additionally, the Mondeo, Evos, next-generation Edge, Maverick and F-150 Lightning all lack fog lamps, along with the 2023 Lincoln Corsair.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, my Lariat with fog's just went up in value by at least $500.00....:clap:
I know ours would be a collectors item one day! I think my 2019 is now eligible for classic car insurance through Hagerty. ?

Seriously though I've seen the Dynamic bending headlights and they look really great and I'm sure in most cases will fill the void. It would be nice if they left the fog pockets in at least the truck line up so they're easy to add.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Meh, we got ourselves a Sid, @Msfitoy

We'll figure it out.
Yeah but not everyone want to tackle wiring. If they have the Aux switches with relays it does make it a lot easier to do. Plus those that have the ACC it limits where you can add grille lights and I'm not a huge fan of pillar lights.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah but not everyone want to tackle wiring. If they have the Aux switches with relays it does make it a lot easier to do. Plus those that have the ACC it limits where you can add grille lights and I'm not a huge fan of pillar lights.
Where there's a will there's a way?

If the pockets were gone on the 5gs even us with ACC have room for 4 cube lights in the lower grill.

I think the biggest PIA for some would be the wiring.

Personally I think even the factory Lariat "fogs" are mostly useless for anything other than looking good. And that goes for most factory fogs on most vehicles. As long as I have somewhere to mount proper lights I'd be happy to skip paying for the factory ones.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Fog Lamps. Although the Ranger isn't on the list as of yet it looks like most (if not all) of the next generation Fords will not have fog lamps. With the addition of Dynamic bending headlights they say there's no need for them now. I've never had this type of headlight and I'm sure they work great but it seems like it would still be nice to have fog lights in the truck lineup. Especially for those who live in really foggy areas where the yellow fogs come in really handy. Sure you can add them but just another thing to spend money on.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/ford-lineup-will-eventually-ditch-fog-lights-altogether/
That’s the main reason we ordered a 23 Escape ? Now watch them be a constraint

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Especially for those who live in really foggy areas where the yellow fogs come in really handy. Sure you can add them but just another thing to spend money on.
Your fog lights are yellow? Are they factory? I never really noticed, but I think mine are white.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Your fog lights are yellow? Are they factory? I never really noticed, but I think mine are white.
No mine are white too. I just meant it's nice to have the fogs and with the OEM ones you have the pockets and wiring to change them out to yellow if needed.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Do they "bend" light, or do they bend the time/space continuum to take us where no man has gone before ???
Ford bends it over. "It" being the customer.

Also way to go Ford, replacing something simple and robust (fog lights) with something complicated that will probably break in a few years and then you'll have a cross-eyed truck and can't see where you're going.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford bends it over. "It" being the customer.

Also way to go Ford, replacing something simple and robust (fog lights) with something complicated that will probably break in a few years and then you'll have a cross-eyed truck and can't see where you're going.
That's my fear too. Look how expensive the taillights are especially with the Bliss. I'm sure these will be an arm and a leg too. ?