Polū Ranger is gone.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Polū (Hawaiian for Blue) is going to be no more.

Got in a car accident September 6th, back and fourth back and fourth with insurance and the dealerships bodyshop and now I was told I have the option to total it or fix it with used parts.

Originally it wasn't expected to be that bad. Almost a month of back and fourth before the option came up.

The suspension was hit so hard but the frame was straight as an arrow. Laser measured and determined no frame damage. .....but, because they need to put a new shock mount on the vehicle because it was hit so hard and Ford said that you can't weld onto the frame for safety purposes.

So I can either replace the entire frame with a used frame, new doors, new fender, etc, or if they put a new front half of the frame it'd be considered totalled.

I already waited a month for this decision, and an estimate to fix the truck and replace the frame is 2 to 3 months.

Sadly I am not able to wait that long nor do I want to.

I am currently looking at other new Rangers but stock is slim where I am and will continue to search for another one.

They offered me a great offer that I couldn't pass up on my Ranger so it's a no brainer.
PSX_20210831_181804.jpg
PSX_20210831_181852.jpg
PSX_20210613_162858.jpg
20210907_144451.jpg
20210907_144117.jpg
20210907_151914.jpg
20210907_151924.jpg
20210907_151928.jpg
20210907_151903.jpg
20210908_085755.jpg
20210908_085828.jpg
20210908_085843.jpg
20210908_085903.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear about your Ranger Corey. I've watched your build and always loved the Lightning Blue second to the Saber of course. :wink:

Glad no one was hurt and hopefully you can find another soon. Maybe try a nationwide search as sometimes it's worth the travel to get one you like. Good luck!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So sorry , that is a good looking Ranger . Now is not the time to have even the slightest problem cause parts are so hard to find . Mine is going on 3 weeks waiting on a CV axle :(

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Bummer Corey that sucks. I do too like the blue but got Silver due to a dealer close having my truck in stock. I too am glad no one got hurt. Good luck in the hunt for another Ranger.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Are YOU ok?

That sucks about the truck though.

Hopefully you find another soon, and at a reasonable price.

Out of curiosity how fast were you traveling? Any intrusion into drivers side footwell? Just curious.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So sorry , that is a good looking Ranger . Now is not the time to have even the slightest problem cause parts are so hard to find . Mine is going on 3 weeks waiting on a CV axle :(
Thank you. Sorry to hear your wait is so long. They initially said they were going to fix it. Then had to reconsider and give me the option. Now that makes me think 2 to 3 months wouldn't even be accurate with how long everyone else I waiting for parts. I hope your stuff comes in soon.
Sorry to hear about your Ranger Corey. I've watched your build and always loved the Lightning Blue second to the Saber of course. :wink:

Glad no one was hurt and hopefully you can find another soon. Maybe try a nationwide search as sometimes it's worth the travel to get one you like. Good luck!
Thank you so much. I enjoy seeing that Saber for sure. Rare eye catching color. I've only seen 1 personally here in Minnesota. Hope all is well. I will broaden my horizons if this deal falls through that I'm waiting for. Found a blue Tremor coming in late October but they won't allow me to out a deposit down on it. I find that odd. So now I have to get there asap when it arrives.
Are YOU ok?

That sucks about the truck though.

Hopefully you find another soon, and at a reasonable price.

Out of curiosity how fast were you traveling? Any intrusion into drivers side footwell? Just curious.
I am good. No airbags, shocking kinda, windows were down and didn't even break the glass, they rolled up just fine. I was lucky and only had a sore neck and hip for one day after the accident. I was hit at 55mph.

0 intrusion, truck shut off but I was able to restart it immediately after checking for fluid leaks and drive it to the shoulder with that crooked ass wheel an all. Crash bars removed on this truck as well.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
You were hit at 55 mph!!!! & that is the only damage? Shit! that's a testament to how well they build for accidents & survivability. Both vehicles too.
Glad everyone is good. Hope you find what your looking for(going to be rough, not much out there.

?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
No crash bars!!!!! No one for at least a 100m radius should even be alive right now..

JK, not making lite of this terrible situation. I’m very glad you, and your ankles, are ok and I hope you can find a truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be going to the dealership tomorrow to grab all the parts and accessories off that I want. the suspension is wrecked so that is staying, 2 of the 4 wheels are wrecked so I'm just gonna leave the other 2 on there but I will grab everything else.

I will grab my custom license plates, I will grab my full size spare tire with a brand new tire on it, and I will grab my rock sliders and my brand new exhaust and I already took the tuner off and unmarried that.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
If you do decide to total it all the aftermarket parts are new enough that they should be added to the total payout in settlement. Just show all your receipts and the sticker on the truck when you got it. Don’t let them off the hook on that if that’s definitely the direction you’re going!

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
You should be celebrating that insurance totaled the truck. Seriously go out and celebrate tonight.

I am at day 65 and growing that my 2021 FX4 lariat is at the dealer waiting on one driver side rear axle after 4 months of new purchase ownership. My truck is officially at half its life sitting at the dealer parking lot vs actual drive time.

Not mad, it’s just the facts. Be happy you don’t have to deal with repair timelines that got missed. It really is the best outcome for you. Wrecked vehicles rarely drive as good as new.
Sponsored