Might be leaving the Ranger family soon..

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I hope you sent a thank you card to Amana.
Oh no, GE. After all, a company that makes everything from light bulbs and appliances to nuclear submarines has to get something right...

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Here's a screenshot of the ad in your post at my end. ?

Screenshot_20221022-191346.png
Those excellent looking sausages need some mashed potato and brown onion gravy - with the onion chunks still in it. The ribs will be fine with just the sauce.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I know nothing of Canadian food. Is it good, or just edible? Do Canadians even bother to mash potatoes?
Seems rude... ?
we still talking mashed taters? Settle in...

Start with a bunch of red skinned ones with most of the dirt knocked off and cut into big chunks.

Then rinse 'em and boil with some pickle juice, maybe a 1/4 cup, and a couple cloves of garlic in the water (Save some of that water when ya drain for the gravy).

While they are on the stove, use the toaster oven to roast about six or 8 cloves of chopped garlic in a little bit of olive oil until they are cooked but not crunchy.

Once the spuds are cooked ya mash em roughly, add a stick of butter, pepper, the roasted garlic, another few spoonfuls of pickle juice, and a bar or tub of cream cheese. A bunch of fresh grated Parmesan cheese is a good add here too. Mash some more, but not tooooo much. More pepper.

Add about 1 cup of milk, or better yet, a similar amount of table cream and give 'em a final mashing. Sprinkle the top with some more parmesan and I suppose you could fire 'em under the broiler for a few minutes at this point but that's more work than I want to do.

enjoy.

side note: my daughter was vegan for about ten years and finally gave up on it because, among other things, she missed my mashed potatoes.

oh yeah, good luck with the new truck OP:cool:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Sure wish I could work from home. That or have a company vehicle parked at home.
Glad I don't have to work any longer, I HATED the commute big time. My 21 Ranger has 1500 miles on it :shock: But I have towed it behind my RV for 5000 miles.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
This is at my local dealer. Tremor F150 for only $64900. I don't think I can get it at 1.9%. :like:
1666493072866.png
While I like them, I just refuse to pay that much for a vehicle. Hell, I found $45K+ for my Ranger to be irritating.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Think Whirlpool now owns Amana but I think originally a Raytheon company
Yes, Raytheon owned Amana, so when it marketed the first Radar-Range it did so under the Amana name. GE was a late comer to Microwaves.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Yes, Raytheon owned Amana, so when it marketed the first Radar-Range it did so under the Amana name. GE was a late comer to Microwaves.
I just thank my lucky stars that they are keeping me alive...

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just thank my lucky stars that they are keeping me alive...
HAHA! When I was single the Microwave kept me from starving as I was too poor to eat out much.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
HAHA! When I was single the Microwave kept me from starving as I was too poor to eat out much.
When I was young and poor, it was very often peanut butter or bologna sandwiches, or Banquet boil-in-bags and mashed potato flakes made with fake milk.
I can't remember how old I was before I owned my first microwave...but I was certainly not young.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic