First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Tree service
I bought one ranger new. Took it back and lost money on a trade in because it smelled . Bought a new one and now samethingnis happenings
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Eating too many beans. My wife complains in my ranger when the windows are closed. :like:
Pancakes cause same effect and multiplies 10 fold if I have them with eggs and follow up later with a beer. Gets pretty intense. Dealer says not their problem.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I bought one ranger new. Took it back and lost money on a trade in because it smelled . Bought a new one and now samethingnis happenings
Ever think it might be you and not the Ranger? Just saying. ?

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Can anyone else smell it, or just you? In all seriousness... there could be something neurological going on. Someone else confirming the smell would help eliminate that.

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to figure out if this is a real thread or if we are just being trolled.

The only somewhat odd smell I can think of in mine is sometimes when I turn the heat on (rare occurrence here in FL) it smells like a combination of hot plastic and BO. It doesn't always happen though. Probably just built up dust on the heating coil I would guess.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm trying to figure out if this is a real thread or if we are just being trolled.
Starting to seem like a troll. I mean they just signed up today and this is their first and only post? Might be one of the angry Tacoma fan boys who got smoked by a Ranger in the other thread "Beating other trucks from the line". ?

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
now here in the more humid part of Texas you DO get a slight sour smell from what I can guess as moisture on the evaporator core. once the blower starts going good the smell is gone. I smell it but my wife doesn't. Our Honda does the same...less than 30 second and the smell is gone. It IS worse with her car since it sits more than my truck but its expected in our environment. I'm sure its just as bad in the bayou areas of Louisiana, Mississippi and further east here in Texas.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I think @db_tanker has the right idea. Condensation on the evaporator core can lead to mold growth which can give off a musty, wet blanket smell for the first few moments after the A/C is first turned on. If that is the type of smell you are referring to, you can spray Lysol or Fabreeze in the intake duct (up by the wipers) while the A/C is on and the fan on high. If it is more like rotten eggs, that could be signs of an exhaust leak.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Eating too many beans. My wife complains in my ranger when the windows are closed. :like:
Pancakes cause same effect and multiplies 10 fold if I have them with eggs and follow up later with a beer. Gets pretty intense. Dealer says not their problem.
Beans you say?
I'm sure you remember this...
Sponsored