Why Does It Seem Like Alot of Ram Owners Trade For Rangers?

nanohead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
That shows just how relative opinions like this can really be. I have had 3 Dakotas over the years, an 87, 89, and an 04. They were all surprisingly great and reliable and I have always considered them a high point of the otherwise crappy Chrysler line. That 87 had 339,000 miles on the same 3.9 and transmission. Someone is probably still driving it if its not been wrecked. Its all about each individuals experience.
I owned 4 Dakotas.... 01, 05, 10, 08. Each one made it to north of 150K miles. Each one needed some love here and there, but they were all really reliable. I went to the Dakota from a full size GMC, as I wanted something mid size but not too small, and the Dak was unique in that respect. I traded the 08 in for the 2021 Ranger.

Honestly, I wanted Ram to bring the Dakota back in earnest but they never did. Among midsize trucks that actually exist, I think we all picked the best one ?
I was hoping the same too. The size was just right for my needs, but alas, the Ranger will have to do till I get my F150 Lightning....
Sponsored

APmech

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
A&P
I was working away from home for a while a few years ago and drove a bunch of rentals. I drove F150s and Rams as well as others. I liked the Ram so much I bought one. It was an excellent truck and I only traded it recently because I needed to downsize. The first test drive was a Gladiator Rubicon and didn't like it. Had a Colorado before so didn't want that and the Toyota and Nissan were never on my radar. I wanted a Tremor, but the only available near me was a Lariat Sport. I'll probably trade for a Ranger Raptor if they ever release one. If Ram ever releases a midsize truck with a 4cyl/6cyl turbo with their 8 speed I'd be seriously interested in that too. The Ram's 8 speed shift programming is light years ahead of Ford's 10sp.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The Ram's 8 speed shift programming is light years ahead of Ford's 10sp.
Even the shifting of the 9 speed in my wife's 21 Jeep Cherokee is light years better than the Ford 10 speed.

Woodn88s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I "feel" like I hear this alot, "I came from a Ram and I love my Ranger" or to a lesser degree "I don't like this Ranger and I'm trading it for a Ram." Why would these two even be cross shopped at all? Maybe I'm imagining things.
Because Dodge trucks are a P O. S

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So Ram sponsors the show Yellowstone. They all drive Ram 3500s on camera. However, the camera crew trucks are all Raptors lol.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
My $.02. When I bought my Ranger I was comparing to a Colorado and Taco. Specs lead me to the Ranger hands down.
I'd been Mopar/FCA for 34 yrs prior, so I looked at the Ram Dakota. 2.0L turbo with 4000 lbs towing capacity. ...no thanks.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
If you go to the RAM forum they actually have a live person that is on there and will help escalate your issues if the dealer is not helping, they will reply to all post and emails sent. I thought it would be the same here but I guess you guys/gals will have to do. LOL

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you go to the RAM forum they actually have a live person that is on there and will help escalate your issues if the dealer is not helping, they will reply to all post and emails sent. I thought it would be the same here but I guess you guys/gals will have to do. LOL
Jeep has this too. Jeep Chat will give you a live person who will help you with your questions. I've been messaging them every day trying to find out when mine will be made. lol ?Come to think of it maybe they've flagged me and moved me to the end of the line.o_O

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My $.02. When I bought my Ranger I was comparing to a Colorado and Taco. Specs lead me to the Ranger hands down.
I'd been Mopar/FCA for 34 yrs prior, so I looked at the Ram Dakota. 2.0L turbo with 4000 lbs towing capacity. ...no thanks.
You looked at a concept that MIGHT be available in 4 years?
I'd much prefer a forum that is not connected to Ford. At all.

I've got a million ways to get ahold of Ford if I want to.

GSD4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL-STX 4WD
I see a lot of Ram owners trading in for Ford and Toyota trucks. There are also those Ram owners that love their trucks. I do think they are good looking trucks but I know how bad dodge depreciation is when I traded in my SRT 392 Scat Pack Charger.

then there are the owners that have “HEMI” on the side of the truck and think nothing is better or faster. Then a Certain Ranger with a tow tune on 33’s gaps em. Lol ?

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Ram Dakota? FCA discontinued the Dakota in 2010. Been lots of rumors about it coming back but nothing concrete yet.

Phil's Ranger

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SXT
Occupation
Transportation Manager
I traded my 2018 Ram 2500 in on my Ranger. I wanted to down size because I lifted it 4 inches with 35 inch tires. I got tired of climbing in because my knees are starting to give me problems and I got tired of getting 10 miles to the gallon. It was a good truck but it showed me I'm getting to old for a big truck. Ranger is easy to get in and I love getting 22 mpg. Plus its easy to park.

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I didn’t even make it out of the lot on the taco test drive, no idea how Toyota sells so many of those shit boxes

and I didn’t but a dodge because I’m not brain dead
The tacoma seating position is similar to sitting in a bath tub lol. I don't know how people can sit in those on long drives!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Im sure its most people just not wanting a full size. Honestly, i dont get how so many have full sized trucks who live in the city or even suburbs. They’re just so damn big and inefficient for a daily driver. My buddy has a 2015 tundra and he said after year 1 he regretted the purchase.

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Im sure its most people just not wanting a full size. Honestly, i dont get how so many have full sized trucks who live in the city or even suburbs. They’re just so damn big and inefficient for a daily driver. My buddy has a 2015 tundra and he said after year 1 he regretted the purchase.
I leased a 2017 Tundra Limited TRD Off Road. Sold the lease off 2 years early and paid about $800 to get out of it. That's how much I liked it :LOL:
Sponsored