Why Does It Seem Like Alot of Ram Owners Trade For Rangers?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I "feel" like I hear this alot, "I came from a Ram and I love my Ranger" or to a lesser degree "I don't like this Ranger and I'm trading it for a Ram." Why would these two even be cross shopped at all? Maybe I'm imagining things.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I see way more Taco owners trading theirs in for a Ranger. Or many here who have said they shopped the Ranger against the Tacoma and hated it. I don't think I've seen many (if any) Ram owners sell for a Ranger. But if they did I'm sure they were downsizing from a full size truck which they had no need for anymore. That was my situation having owned F150's for 25+ years I just had no need for such a huge truck anymore.

Why they'd go from a Ranger to a Ram....brain damage? :crazy:

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I see a lot of Ram owners trading in for Ford and Toyota trucks. There are also those Ram owners that love their trucks. I do think they are good looking trucks but I know how bad dodge depreciation is when I traded in my SRT 392 Scat Pack Charger.

then there are the owners that have “HEMI” on the side of the truck and think nothing is better or faster. Then a Certain Ranger with a tow tune on 33’s gaps em. Lol ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Before I bought my Ranger I researched midsized trucks quite heavily. I had settled in on the Ranger, however I went to the dealership for one last round of test drives. I had the salesman pull me up a Ranger, a Coyote SCrew F-150, and a Mustang GT.

My point is, people cross shop weird vehicles.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
It’s probably a regional thing you n regards to what is owned and traded for. There aren’t many rangers in my area. I literally failed at trying to get a local group together. Lol.

I see way more Taco owners trading theirs in for a Ranger. Or many here who have said they shopped the Ranger against the Tacoma and hated it. I don't think I've seen many (if any) Ram owners sell for a Ranger. But if they did I'm sure they were downsizing from a full size truck which they had no need for anymore. That was my situation having owned F150's for 25+ years I just had no need for such a huge truck anymore.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I guess its not that crazy, provided one does not know how shitty a fiat/chrysler/stelantis can be at times. I was convinced I wanted an F150 before I was reminded about the Ranger.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
For me it was between the Ranger and a TRD Pro Tacoma. Driving the Tacoma after the Ranger made me instantly realize how much better the Ranger was.

Before I bought my Ranger I researched midsized trucks quite heavily. I had settled in on the Ranger, however I went to the dealership for one last round of test drives. I had the salesman pull me up a Ranger, a Coyote SCrew F-150, and a Mustang GT.

My point is, people cross shop weird vehicles.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Even though Rams are 3rd overall in sales (Closing in, if not surpassing Cheby I believe) they are the best sellers in a few states of the Union.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
For me it was between the Ranger and a TRD Pro Tacoma. Driving the Tacoma after the Ranger made me instantly realize how much better the Ranger was.
I had certainly test drove the Taco and Bison while doing my research previously.

But my last group of drives was more to the point of the OP. I didn't NEED a new vehicle. I WANTED one. And I wanted to make sure I got what I really wanted. Can't get much more different than a Ranger and a Mustang.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Valid point.

I had certainly test drove the Taco and Bison while doing my research previously.

But my last group of drives was more to the point of the OP. I didn't NEED a new vehicle. I WANTED one. And I wanted to make sure I got what I really wanted. Can't get much more different than a Ranger and a Mustang.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It’s probably a regional thing you n regards to what is owned and traded for. There aren’t many rangers in my area. I literally failed at trying to get a local group together. Lol.
I'm finally starting to see more and more Rangers around my area. This place it littered with Tacos, I have 3-4 of them just driving out of my community. :puke:

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
i had 3 tacoma. 2nd gen and two 3rd gens. 2nd gen was trouble free, it just worked. 3rd gen was nice, but had too many little things that over time just got old. (3.5, the auto, seating position…) ranger fixed those areas. its not perfect, but it checked those boxes that were important to me.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen more on this forum go to a Ram, than I have seen go the other way...but that's not scientific evidence. there might very well be a lot of Ram converts, I just haven't seen them openly advertise it.

You might be onto something regarding the brain damage though...further investigation may reveal they all owned TG dampers.
For someone who hates a damper so much you sure bring it up a lot? I think you secretly sleep with one. :shock:
Sponsored