Why Does It Seem Like Alot of Ram Owners Trade For Rangers?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
best truck i ever had was an older ram. that said dodge no longer makes anything id count on drive cross country or to outlast the warranty. to be fair, id like to get my grubby mits on a challenger 1320 with a manual trans. she would be fun. I think a lot of dodge fans have been burned by the number of issues with FCA autos in recent years so they turned to ford.
Sponsored

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I see a lot of Ram owners trading in for Ford and Toyota trucks. There are also those Ram owners that love their trucks. I do think they are good looking trucks but I know how bad dodge depreciation is when I traded in my SRT 392 Scat Pack Charger.

then there are the owners that have “HEMI” on the side of the truck and think nothing is better or faster. Then a Certain Ranger with a tow tune on 33’s gaps em. Lol ?
What would be really entertaining would be for a certain Ranger with a tow tune on 33's to pull up next to a SRT 392 Scat Pack Charger. I'm sure the guy driving the Charger would enjoy that.

A guy I used to work with had a 392 Scat Pack Challenger with a Supercharger. What an impressive car!

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I remember wayyyy back in 2005 when I got my lifted screw F150 FX4 on 35 inch tires when Dodge brought back the hemi. I had just installed a tune and testing it out. Well I had a hemi Dodge Ram that wanted to smoke me. We went light to light 3 times and I barely pulled up front on him 3 times. The next light he rolled down his window with a ?? and said “nice truck “. A good sport..

My Ranger has almost the exact specs as my F150 5.4 liter but way less weight… loving it!!!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I used to go to mustang week every single year up until about 2015. It was getting too wild and started attracting a lot of trouble makers. Yes, some of the shit boxes people would bring down there was embarrassing. Lol.

this is mine

42AEF4D9-6571-4D15-8721-68040D3A6414.jpeg
I like the color, here is mine. ?

IMG_20170723_184745703.jpg

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Before I bought my Ranger I researched midsized trucks quite heavily. I had settled in on the Ranger, however I went to the dealership for one last round of test drives. I had the salesman pull me up a Ranger, a Coyote SCrew F-150, and a Mustang GT.

My point is, people cross shop weird vehicles.
I traded a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C class fully. Loaded for my Ranger. The salesman at my Ford dealer laughed at such a big change lol. I like the Ranger a lot more, even if it's not nearly as "luxury"

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
My scat pack charger was quick. it ran 12.6 @ 119mph on street tires and 11.89 @ 116mph on drag radials.
What would be really entertaining would be for a certain Ranger with a tow tune on 33's to pull up next to a SRT 392 Scat Pack Charger. I'm sure the guy driving the Charger would enjoy that.

A guy I used to work with had a 392 Scat Pack Challenger with a Supercharger. What an impressive car!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I traded a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C class fully. Loaded for my Ranger. The salesman at my Ford dealer laughed at such a big change lol. I like the Ranger a lot more, even if it's not nearly as "luxury"
Glad to hear I'm not the only person with vehicular ADD.

Hold on, my neighbor is pulling his ZL-1 out of the garage, gotta hear this, BRB.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor 3 doors down has a 2013 GT500. I can still hear that beast of a car when he makes the 3rd turn off onto the "main" road and that's just over 3 miles away.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
I traded in my dodge truck for the ranger, I always have been a ford guy, only reason i got stuck buying a dodge truck last time was because that was the only used truck on the lot and it was a ford dealership and of course i needed a truck that weekend.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I didn’t even make it out of the lot on the taco test drive, no idea how Toyota sells so many of those shit boxes

and I didn’t but a dodge because I’m not brain dead

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My scat pack charger was quick. it ran 12.6 @ 119mph on street tires and 11.89 @ 116mph on drag radials.
What's up with the trapspeed difference?

Don't know drag racing that well but you'd expect the traps to be closer right? The traction of the drag radials shouldn't effect trapspeed much, and shouldn't go down at all.

Miss your last shift or something on the DR run?

Just curious. Beyond taking soccer moms to Gapplebees I know very little about drag racing.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
A worse 60 foot due to spinning on street tire can give a higher trap speed.
What's up with the trapspeed difference?

Don't know drag racing that well but you'd expect the traps to be closer right? The traction of the drag radials shouldn't effect trapspeed much, and shouldn't go down at all.

Miss your last shift or something on the DR run?

Just curious. Beyond taking soccer moms to Gapplebees I know very little about drag racing.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
should have just rented one. thats a huge blow to anyones ego having to buy a Dodge from necessity.
That wasnt the first huge blow i had its happened a few other times also .... goto to buy a ford and end up with a dodge
Sponsored