First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave (@AzScorpion), does MP2 have a ignition key ring? Did you remember to get it off of MP1?

Dave (@navsnipe), you may need to add that to the "list of things to remove"
Daniel , The Lariat has push button start, no key needed. :wink:
Sponsored

OP
OP

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
Dave (@AzScorpion), does MP2 have a ignition key ring? Did you remember to get it off of MP1?

Dave (@navsnipe), you may need to add that to the "list of things to remove"
The truck is out of my hands now. Need to have the Damper Mafia get after it now.
Mine was pushbutton at well.

OP
OP

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ranger XL and XLT owners:
1685558761575.png

Ranger Lariat Owners

:wink:
I like Kosciusko mustard myself but I am part Polish too.
For me it was the LED headlights. My 57 year old eyes need all the light they can get.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
As much as folks poo poo using body filler the previous owner told me he had patched the quarters in the late 80s when I purchased the car in 97. So the fact that it was holding up just fine for over 30 years is a testament of how good the work was.

About 1/4" of the filler in contact with the sheet metal is metal-to-metal which is an aluminum filled epoxy material. This is what the factories use in place of lead these days. The remaining 1/8" is Bondo.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing the quarter and rocker on the passenger side this winter.
With any body filler less is better. The photo looks like rust was creeping underneath and now you have virgin sheet metal. Re-pop but new.
I meant no offence. Sorry if any was taken.

OP
OP

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Copart has my truck as of this morning. Waiting on the next step from insurance once they get info back from Copart. This adds some finality to the situation as more than likely the truck will be totaled.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
With any body filler less is better. The photo looks like rust was creeping underneath and now you have virgin sheet metal. Re-pop but new.
I meant no offence. Sorry if any was taken.
Actually what you see rusted is the trunk extension. Any where the filler pulled away from the sheet metal was un-rusted.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Yeah Ford really needs some better color consultants! The new Ranger Raptor has Code Orange interior accents yet no option for that color (which really is kind of the Raptor signature color) on the exterior. :confused:
Yep you're right about that, the Wildtrack model here has been available with a black interior with orange accents for years but the orange exterior was only available on the XL and XLS poverty pak models??? You could get black, but in the climate over here a black car, with black upholstery in summer can when parked closed up, seriously, become a coffin in a few minutes.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Copart has my truck as of this morning. Waiting on the next step from insurance once they get info back from Copart. This adds some finality to the situation as more than likely the truck will be totaled.
I hope that things get sorted quickly for you. My son managed to total his car whilst we were in the US in April, but the insurance was in my name, and trying to do all of that by remote control was a nightmare. The payout finally ended up landing in the bank account yesterday.
It ended up costing me much more money, as my wife decided to buy a new car and pass hers down to him.