What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
How are people ordering the 2021 Ranger?
As far as I can tell, Ford's configuration tool still only has 2020 -- or perhaps dealers have an internal tool that's not available to the public yet?

[ I'm looking to order a 2021 model to replace my 1997, and so recently joined this forum to start learning about the 5th gen... ]
Sponsored

Az_Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired from electronics engineering and technology
How are people ordering the 2021 Ranger?
As far as I can tell, Ford's configuration tool still only has 2020 -- or perhaps dealers have an internal tool that's not available to the public yet?

[ I'm looking to order a 2021 model to replace my 1997, and so recently joined this forum to start learning about the 5th gen... ]
I visited Oracle Ford in AZ a few weeks ago and priced out a 2021 Ranger SuperCab. The sales person accessed the specs/options and pricing on the computer. I believe it was the 2020 model and pricing because the cost were identical to 2020.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I visited Oracle Ford in AZ a few weeks ago and priced out a 2021 Ranger SuperCab. The sales person accessed the specs/options and pricing on the computer. I believe it was the 2020 model and pricing because the cost were identical to 2020.
If this info is accurate (which I'm pretty sure it is), it appears Ford is behind in getting the website updated (from this thread):

2021 Ranger dates:

Ordering begins September 14, 2020
Production begins December 7, 2020

Final date for submitting 2020 Ranger orders is September 4, 2020
Which means you can't order a 2020 now - they have less than a month of production left. Production of the 2021s will start in less than a month. If you wanted to order a truck now, it would have to be a 2021.

Reactions: EJH

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Which means you can't order a 2020 now - they have less than a month of production left. Production of the 2021s will start in less than a month. If you wanted to order a truck now, it would have to be a 2021.
Thanks RedlandRanger and Az_Ed, that makes sense...perhaps the online tool is just not updated, and ordering will be 2021 regardless.

Az_Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired from electronics engineering and technology
I am thinking of trading my 2019 F150 2.7 for a 2020 Ranger fx4 Lariat.

I don’t need such a big truck, and i’d be saving in a few areas.

Am I crazy or what?
Hello Ivan, regarding down-sizing from an F150. I am planning to down-size from a 98.5 Dodge Ram-2500 diesel to a Ranger. I no longer need a big truck that can haul a 3000# camper and tow a cargo trailer. I'm looking for an all-around truck for towing a smaller trailer, camping, off-roading, day trips and everything else. My goal is to down-size to one vehicle that can do it all. I have an 02 Jeep Wrangler for off-roading. I know a Ranger won't be as good as the Jeep on the really rough stuff, but I mostly stay on the dirt roads anyway. My ideal truck would be even smaller than the current Ranger, 2-door regular cab, 8' bed and good off-road ability.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I know a Ranger won't be as good as the Jeep on the really rough stuff, but I mostly stay on the dirt roads anyway. My ideal truck would be even smaller than the current Ranger, 2-door regular cab, 8' bed and good off-road ability.
We were looking at Wrangler along with the Ford and GM mid-size pickups. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at Rangers offroad capabilities.

tmankini

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Engineer
Just paid 36,700 out the door (includes taxes and title in FL)
2020 Ranger Lariat Black + Black
Tech Package
Sport Appearance
Towing Package
Locking Dif
17" Tires
Running Boards Installed
Line X Bed Spray (post purchase install) included.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
Eddie,

My 2020 truck had been pre-ordered by the dealer and was still being assembled at the plant when I bought it. This was in July after the 1st wave of Covid had carried a big impact on sales and the dealers were needing to get rid of vehicles. I used the Consumer Reports Car Buying Service and was able to negotiate a bit more off of that price. The discount came to 9.5% off the actual MSRP without dealer add on’s. On top of that the Ford Pass Rewards came to $218.00. I am happy with this deal!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Eddie,

My 2020 truck had been pre-ordered by the dealer and was still being assembled at the plant when I bought it. This was in July after the 1st wave of Covid had carried a big impact on sales and the dealers were needing to get rid of vehicles. I used the Consumer Reports Car Buying Service and was able to negotiate a bit more off of that price. The discount came to 9.5% off the actual MSRP without dealer add on’s. On top of that the Ford Pass Rewards came to $218.00. I am happy with this deal!
PS: The discount was $3078.00 before Tax, Title and License was added. Also, the dealer threw in a paint protection additive for no cost.

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Just bought a used 2020MY this past weekend. Lariat in Magnetic gray with 4x4 and Tech package and just under 16k miles. Out the door at 35,200. I feel like I got a fair deal for my area. The lowest quote for a new one was 41k out the door. It's just what I wanted, I didn't want any extra options cause I work for an aftermarket parts store so I can get most stuff through them.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
good deal - but does it have aluminum spindles . I hadn't checked when I bought mine but aluminum they are. whew !

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Just got my wifes 2020 Lariat 4x4 crew cab, 510A, chrome package ,FX4, tow, running boards, nav , remote start and locker. Sticker $45,690 paid $39,900,so just under $6000 discount. Also did well on trading 17 Taco sport 4x4 double cab for $33,795 ! (paid $39,000 for it). There were only 21 optioned like this for 600 mile radius. No Lariats crew cabs around here but my dealer had about 20 super cabs. Bret

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
I’ve been avoiding this thread for a long time and sure enough as I suspected I overpaid. Happy y’all got some killer deals tho!

EDIT:

XLT Supercrew 2wd
Sport Pack
Full Leather
Ford bed liner
PPF
Tinted Glass

for the truck alone out the door price:
99C4F8EB-54A4-4C18-B02C-2CE47C7C9AF0.jpeg

I added a longer warranty and Gap and owed $650 on my Mustang so $33540 total on finance @3.8%(best rate as only im the US 5 years so short credit history).

So not as bad as I initially thought

Last edited: