What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

mountainmerit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
New 2020 Lightning Blue Supercrew Lariat FX4, 501a, Tech Package, Sport appearance, trailer and tow, 18" machined alloy wheels w/ Magnetic pockets and black running boards.

MSRP 46,735 - out the door at 37,5xx plus I negotiated a spray in bedliner to be dealer installed next week. Might have pushed the pricing a little more, but this spec was on the lot, and exactly what I wanted - minus the bedliner.

Overall very satisfied with the purchase. Can't wait to start making it mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AdmiralBenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Looking to pick up a ranger by end of year. I got access to XPlan via Mustang Club sign up. Can you guys help me understand if xplan is better than going in and negotiating? My requirements are an XLT, 6' bed, 4x4, and heated seats. That puts me in a 302A or Lariat trim. I'm looking at about $33K-35K with Xplan with those criteria. The problem is that none of the dealerships have what I want... so I'd have to order it with them. I'm guessing ordering with them will give me the starting sticker of about 38-40K and I could negotiate from there and hopefully get some dealer and ford incentives (maybe?) or would I be better off using xplan? Also since I'm likely going to have to order, is there any benefit to ordering by end of year since I have to order and since I have access to xplan, or should I just wait till 2021? Thanks in advance and I assume some of you are rolling your eyes... but full candor, I'm cheap AF and looking for the best bang for my buck.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Looking to pick up a ranger by end of year. I got access to XPlan via Mustang Club sign up. Can you guys help me understand if xplan is better than going in and negotiating? My requirements are an XLT, 6' bed, 4x4, and heated seats. That puts me in a 302A or Lariat trim. I'm looking at about $33K-35K with Xplan with those criteria. The problem is that none of the dealerships have what I want... so I'd have to order it with them. I'm guessing ordering with them will give me the starting sticker of about 38-40K and I could negotiate from there and hopefully get some dealer and ford incentives (maybe?) or would I be better off using xplan? Also since I'm likely going to have to order, is there any benefit to ordering by end of year since I have to order and since I have access to xplan, or should I just wait till 2021? Thanks in advance and I assume some of you are rolling your eyes... but full candor, I'm cheap AF and looking for the best bang for my buck.
I don't see any benefit to ordering by the end of 2020 other than the sooner you order, the sooner your truck will be ready.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Tell the dealer you have Xplan AFTER they give you their "best" price. Compare. Decide.

I found that my Lariat FX4 pricing was better with E.O.Y. encentives than XPlan. That was 3 weeks ago. But your mileage may vary.

Also, if you want a truck before April or May, have your dealer find what you want at another dealership and transfer it.

2020s are done being built. Job one at MAP for the 2021 Ranger was supposed to be last week and as far as I know hasn't happened. Bronco is sharing the MAP plant and has been nothing but delays. I wouldn't bet on getting anything out of that plant any time soon.

Edit: Disregard my FUD on 2021s. Seems they're being built and shipped already.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
2020 XLT Magnetic Sport 4X4 super cab sport w/tow 301a package w/black accent pkg and running rails. Magnetic mags. List 35,955

Discount 1.394
Trade in 1997 Ranger 287K mileage $311 ?
Rebates 2,750

Invoice $31,500

Last edited:
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX2 Ranger XLT - Lightning Blue
Occupation
Florist
I got a 2020 Lightning Blue XLT - Crew Cab - FX2.

$0 down, $0 License and Registration, $0 due at first month.

Paying $354/month (Lease) I plan on keeping this truck after the lease as well.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
New 2020 XLT Screw with Fx4, 302a, tech, towing, red color markup. MSRP was 41k something, d plan wouldve been 38400. Got 4k markdown, 2k incentives, 5k down from trade.
Came down to 29k before tax and fees, 34k after. Put a 2k down payment and added gap insurance and extended warranty. 35k otd i think with 540 a month for 66mo 0% interest.

FrostySaguaro

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 super crew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales
Just put a deposit down on a 2020 super crew Lariat - magnetic gray.

MSRP 45,370
rebate 3,000
dealer discount 1,786
- Free folding bed cover -$1,100 value
top dollar on my Subaru forester trade (2017 xt touring fully loaded, got 19.5)

OTD with taxes/fees -
+40,584 truck
+285 dealer fees
+180 doc
+435 reg
+1,028 tax
Located in Iowa

feel pretty good about it overall.

options on the new truck:
501A
A/T tires ($175)
running boards - black - 5ft
trailer tow
sport appearance
fx4

Truck will be ready for pickup Monday night.

Probably left some money on the table but its a smaller lower volume dealership so I didnt walk in thinking I was going to get a crazy deal. Happy with what I got and will be happier when the truck gets here (dealer transfer)

Xclimation

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord, 2 motorcycles
I got a 2020 Lightning Blue XLT - Crew Cab - FX2.

$0 down, $0 License and Registration, $0 due at first month.

Paying $354/month (Lease) I plan on keeping this truck after the lease as well.
Did you do a closed ended or open ended lease? What mileage allowance? What length of the lease? If closed ended, then what is the residual please. Thank You in advance. I'm considering this route.

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX2 Ranger XLT - Lightning Blue
Occupation
Florist
Did you do a closed ended or open ended lease? What mileage allowance? What length of the lease? If closed ended, then what is the residual please. Thank You in advance. I'm considering this route.
I had a Lease with Galpin VW and Galpin Ford took over my current lease, paid off the car. Since I knew I want to keep the truck for a long time I told them to give me the lowest mileage at 10,500/year. I was focused on not paying anything at the moment because I was planning on getting this truck in April. It turned out to be a good deal for me because they paid off my car, first payment, any fees to drive off with nothing out of my pocket.

I think the truck ended up being $31,000 with a discount as well.
Sponsored