What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
2020 Supercab FX4, 302A, trailer tow, black appearance pkg.

MSRP 38,985 I get A plan 36,074.

My only complaint: Destination and Delivery = $1195. My dealership is less than 10 miles from the plant.
Sponsored

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
My only complaint: Destination and Delivery = $1195. My dealership is less than 10 miles from the plant.
That's a damn expensive ride! Tell 'em to order you one and you'll walk over and pick it up yourself!

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
That's a damn expensive ride! Tell 'em to order you one and you'll walk over and pick it up yourself!
Exactly what I was thinking. :)

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
2020 Supercab FX4, 302A, trailer tow, black appearance pkg.

MSRP 38,985 I get A plan 36,074.

That out the door price before downpayment/trade-in? If so thats a good price and what id pay if i could find same nearby.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
That out the door price before downpayment/trade-in? If so thats a good price and what id pay if i could find same nearby.
Yes, that's the price on my invoice (if that's what the document is called, I left it at work) before any down payment or trade in. Taxes not included. I guess I got lucky, I just walked in and told them what I wanted, and that's the price I got.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Yes, that's the price on my invoice (if that's what the document is called, I left it at work) before any down payment or trade in. Taxes not included. I guess I got lucky, I just walked in and told them what I wanted, and that's the price I got.
Jre - I should also mention that when I compared the MSRP I was quoted by the dealership, with the "price" of the same vehicle on the Ford Build your own site, they were nearly identical (MSRP 38,985 vs 38,980 on the Ford build site). If your dealership has quoted a higher MSRP than the Ford build site quote, I would have asked them to explain. I know dealerships can change what they like but I would expect it to be close to the manufacturers suggested price.

Disclaimer: I am no expert on buying vehicles. My expertise is in mashing the accelerator down.

Tesseract

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger XLT S-crew FX4
BTW, yeah I think those 10k stories are posing. Either that or at beginning of pandemic when everyone was panicked and just wanted to dump inventory as fast as they could. Short of massive manufacturer incentives, dealers just don't have anywhere near the kind of margins to do deals like that.
I think it was all timing and probably every one of them was on an XLT. I never saw the Lariats discounted that much. The Black Friday deals last year were amazing. I have no idea if that will happen again this year.

I did no haggling whatsoever. I found an XLT listed on Koon's Ford of Baltimore website that was marked down from $42k to essentially $31k. (Actual numbers posted in this thread on November 20th, 2019). It was new, not a demo/loaner or anything, it had 8 miles on it. They must have had 20 similiar listings in their inventory.

I live in CT, so I booked a $100 flight to Baltimore, they sent an uber to get me and I was out the door in less than an hour at the dealership. No hidden fees or extra costs. I paid $676 in fees and then taxes. My OTD cost was $33,646 or thereabouts.

Total savings was just under $11,000 off MSRP. Again, it had nothing to do with me, it was just timing and a willingness to drive the car 4 hours back home.

Here are my numbers from the purchase. So if you want a great deal, maybe wait to see what they do for Black Friday this year?

Edit: I did not trade anything in that would affect the calculation of what the savings would be. These were my numbers for a straight vehicle purchase without any complicating factors.

I'm going to close on my new ranger tomorrow.
Its a Magnetic XLT S-crew 4x4 with 302A, FX4, Black Appearance Package, and Trailer Tow Package.
$40,435.00 MSRP without destination
$29,453.00 Sale price
$1,195.00 Destination
$300.00 Processing
$376.00 Tags
$2352.54 Taxes

$10,982 off MSRP (27.2%).

Total OTD is 33,676.54.

Last edited:

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Dang reading these I knew I got a good price for my 2019 lariat. I didnā€™t take my wife to the dealership so I had to keep calling her and she essentially spoke to sales and told them you discount it to a price I like or my husband isnā€™t coming home with a new vehicle. Didnā€™t know it was a strategy until I was driving home in a new truck. This is pre covid back in March 2020.

861262E4-CF8D-4E56-B06C-AF2EFA4F57AA.jpeg

1A107CAC-DC9F-48DC-9F49-0D197D5777F6.jpeg

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I did no haggling whatsoever. I found an XLT listed on Koon's Ford of Baltimore website that was marked down from $42k to essentially $31k. (Actual numbers posted in this thread on November 20th, 2019). It was new, not a demo/loaner or anything, it had 8 miles on it. They must have had 20 similiar listings in their inventory.
Nice!! I stand corrected.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I think it was all timing and probably every one of them was on an XLT. I never saw the Lariats discounted that much. The Black Friday deals last year were amazing. I have no idea if that will happen again this year.

I live in CT, so I booked a $100 flight to Baltimore, they sent an uber to get me and I was out the door in less than an hour at the dealership. No hidden fees or extra costs. I paid $676 in fees and then taxes. My OTD cost was $33,646 or thereabouts.

Total savings was just under $11,000 off MSRP. Again, it had nothing to do with me, it was just timing and a willingness to drive the car 4 hours back home.

Here are my numbers from the purchase. So if you want a great deal, maybe wait to see what they do for Black Friday this year?

Edit: I did not trade anything in that would affect the calculation of what the savings would be. These were my numbers for a straight vehicle purchase without any complicating factors.
amazing luck! Im shooting for 35.5 OTD for xlt/fx4/302a/tow. Really hoping i get lucky end of nov/dec and if not by time the 2021ā€™s arrive on lots.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V

Koonā€™s Baltimore is the real deal. What they advertise is what you get. Ordered my 2020 through them. Didnā€˜t save $10,000 but got a great deal for what was being offered at the time in the area.

Tesseract

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger XLT S-crew FX4
Koonā€™s Baltimore is the real deal. What they advertise is what you get. Ordered my 2020 through them. Didnā€˜t save $10,000 but got a great deal for what was being offered at the time in the area.
Yes I had a great experience. My local Ford dealer wouldnā€™t negotiate at all. They wanted $40k plus taxes and fees for a used Lariat.

Iā€™ll definitely look at Koons first for my next Ford.

blue17

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota corolla
Occupation
education
Anyone recommend a good dealer in SoCal? Someone who is willing to work a good price, maybe not as good as Koon's, but oh well. Thanks.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Galpin Ford and Theodore Robins have some good prices recently.
Anyone recommend a good dealer in SoCal? Someone who is willing to work a good price, maybe not as good as Koon's, but oh well. Thanks.