What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Georgia Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Field Service Rep
Hope I’m doing this right... first post here.

I purchased a 2019 SuperCrew Lariat FX4 a month ago (September 2020). OTD price was $37,500. Bought it from a dealership. *price includes the GA vehicle tax.

I’ve purchased from the dealer before and they seem to have the best prices here in the state (Wade Ford).
Sponsored

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Last Christmas season, Ford had pretty substantial rebates on 2019 Rangers and I bought a new SuperCab XLT 2 wheel drive (Tow Package, Electronic Locking Dif, and 300A Electronic Group). It had a Manufacturer MSRP of $30,230 (truck also had additional dealer installed options of bedliner, vinyl floor mats, etc. which were included at no additional cost) and I got it for under $24K (before $500 State Impact Fee and $85 tag). I financed 100% at 2.79% for 60 months. I made a few payments and then refinanced through Navy Federal at 2.19% for 60 (received a $200 refinance incentive too) making my payment just north of $400 a month. Year end deals are the best!

Last edited:

Gary33031

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I decided I wanted to purchase a smaller size pickup and a couple of dealers in our South Florida area had some 2020’s still on their lot. I even made an appointment to take a test drive the following morning. I only saw 1 Lariat, Red, available, and the rest were XL models. The night before my scheduled test drive, I was browsing through Auto Trader and I came across a 2020 Ranger Lariat at a Dodge Dealer. The truck had 2505 miles. I decided to go first thing in the morning and check it out. I was blown away. The truck is Magnetic Metal and was brand new. What amazed me was this truck had practically every available option available. In addition it had the Ford Bed Spray Liner, Ford running boards, Ford Tonneau Cover, Weather Tec hood protector, Weather Tec Window protectors. Windows were tinted and it had Ranger all weather floor mats. Truck included black out package, power folding mirrors, auto wipers, and things I probably haven’t found yet. The story was the original owner bought the truck in July, discovered it wasn’t big enough or powerful enough to tow a large boat. He drove it for 2 months when he then took the truck 2 miles up the road and traded it in on a large Dodge Ram truck. After playing on my retired military, and retired police officer status, I bought this magnificent, amazing truck for 31k. I left the dealership with a huge smile on my face, what a deal..

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I decided I wanted to purchase a smaller size pickup and a couple of dealers in our South Florida area had some 2020’s still on their lot. I even made an appointment to take a test drive the following morning. I only saw 1 Lariat, Red, available, and the rest were XL models. The night before my scheduled test drive, I was browsing through Auto Trader and I came across a 2020 Ranger Lariat at a Dodge Dealer. The truck had 2505 miles. I decided to go first thing in the morning and check it out. I was blown away. The truck is Magnetic Metal and was brand new. What amazed me was this truck had practically every available option available. In addition it had the Ford Bed Spray Liner, Ford running boards, Ford Tonneau Cover, Weather Tec hood protector, Weather Tec Window protectors. Windows were tinted and it had Ranger all weather floor mats. Truck included black out package, power folding mirrors, auto wipers, and things I probably haven’t found yet. The story was the original owner bought the truck in July, discovered it wasn’t big enough or powerful enough to tow a large boat. He drove it for 2 months when he then took the truck 2 miles up the road and traded it in on a large Dodge Ram truck. After playing on my retired military, and retired police officer status, I bought this magnificent, amazing truck for 31k. I left the dealership with a huge smile on my face, what a deal..
First of all congrats on your new Ranger.
I hope you took it for a test drive. When you get all excited things of importance are forgotten.
Hope it serves you well.
Thanks for your service both military and civil service :like:

AirCav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue XLT SCab 4x4
Occupation
pilot
Been lurking here for a few months and eventually found the truck I was looking for. Pretty happy with it.

2020 Ranger XLT SCab 4x4
Lightning Blue
302A
Locking diff
Tech package
Running boards
Trailer package

$34K all-in, out-the-door. ($38,650 MSRP sticker)

WorldPax

First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2000 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Transportation
New member, new owner. Still browsing through threads. I was specifically shopping for an XL Supercab. Wanted at least 101A, with STX and Towing being a nice bonus for a reasonable price. Spent a couple days offering $22,500 on a few STX models in the low to mid 24's. No takers, absolutely firm on their prices, not even a counter offer.
The next morning I did a new search on cargurus and this STX pops up for $22,132. Was weird because I had that truck on my spreadsheet listed for 25k, must have miss typed. Anyway, I contacted the dealer and sure enough got $22,132 out the door. I didn't even haggle, and they weren't asking for a doc or destination fee. Was only 220 miles away. I am really liking my new truck, it totally met my expectations.

IMG_20201030_183614.jpg

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
New member, new owner. Still browsing through threads. I was specifically shopping for an XL Supercab. Wanted at least 101A, with STX and Towing being a nice bonus for a reasonable price. Spent a couple days offering $22,500 on a few STX models in the low to mid 24's. No takers, absolutely firm on their prices, not even a counter offer.
The next morning I did a new search on cargurus and this STX pops up for $22,132. Was weird because I had that truck on my spreadsheet listed for 25k, must have miss typed. Anyway, I contacted the dealer and sure enough got $22,132 out the door. I didn't even haggle, and they weren't asking for a doc or destination fee. Was only 220 miles away. I am really liking my new truck it totally met my expectations.

IMG_20201030_183614.jpg
Welcome!

Brian1017

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey everyone!

Also a new member/new owner as of today.
I've been looking for a Shadow Black or Lightning Blue Lariat Crew for about a month. Visited a few dealers who wanted anywhere from 39-42 without budging in price.

Finally decided on a 2019 Shadow Black Lariat FX4 with tow package for 36,250 with 5.1k miles on it. It's been the dealer's service loaner for it's life, and appears to be in fantastic shape. No scratches in the paint or blemishes inside.

Can't wait to pick it up!

Az_Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired from electronics engineering and technology
Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum. I'm planning to down-size to a smaller truck from my 98 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. I've had good luck with Rangers in the past so I'd like to find a new Ranger XLT SuperCab, FX4, tow, 301A with sport appearance package.
I located a 2020 new truck at a dealer and test drove it yesterday. They are offering $32.9k w/o tax or license. I'd end up at about $36k out the door.
Another dealer has quoted the same truck in a new 2021 order at about $35.9k. I'd be at about $38.8k out the door. I'm tempted by the 2020 truck available now. Does Ford offer any discounts on new Ranger orders around Thanksgiving or Christmas? Any comments will be appreciated. Az_Ed.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum. I'm planning to down-size to a smaller truck from my 98 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. I've had good luck with Rangers in the past so I'd like to find a new Ranger XLT SuperCab, FX4, tow, 301A with sport appearance package.
I located a 2020 new truck at a dealer and test drove it yesterday. They are offering $32.9k w/o tax or license. I'd end up at about $36k out the door.
Another dealer has quoted the same truck in a new 2021 order at about $35.9k. I'd be at about $38.8k out the door. I'm tempted by the 2020 truck available now. Does Ford offer any discounts on new Ranger orders around Thanksgiving or Christmas? Any comments will be appreciated. Az_Ed.
Hard to tell - last year the Black Friday deals were *REALLY* good - but this year with COVID and the plant shutdown, the supply seems constrained, so they seem much less willing to deal on them.

My advice would be to take the one you like as long as you are happy with the deal. I don't think there is anything significantly different on the 2021s.

Reactions: FoD

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Your 2021 won't be ready by Thanksgiving or Christmas.

2021 production starts Dec 7th.

I ordered a 2021 also. I'm realistically expecting delivery to me in February, or maybe even March. Ordering a 2021 (like me) puts you are the mercy of whatever Ford is offering at the time of delivery. If you have a 2020 that suits your needs, I'd probably take that, especially if there are decent deals now from Ford.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Your 2021 won't be ready by Thanksgiving or Christmas.

2021 production starts Dec 7th.

I ordered a 2021 also. I'm realistically expecting delivery to me in February, or maybe even March. Ordering a 2021 (like me) puts you are the mercy of whatever Ford is offering at the time of delivery. If you have a 2020 that suits your needs, I'd probably take that, especially if there are decent deals now from Ford.
You should get the better discount at time of ordering OR delivery. Mine was better at ordering.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
You should get the better discount at time of ordering OR delivery. Mine was better at ordering.
Dealer told me the same thing when I ordered. In the end, discounts were smaller at delivery. Dealer honored the numbers at time of ordering.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Agree, but for 2021, there are currently no discounts. Production has not even started. If you order a 2021 today, you are taking whatever is offered at delivery time. It's a risk, for sure., Which is why I suggested the guy above buy the 2020, if it fits his needs.

Az_Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired from electronics engineering and technology
Agree, but for 2021, there are currently no discounts. Production has not even started. If you order a 2021 today, you are taking whatever is offered at delivery time. It's a risk, for sure., Which is why I suggested the guy above buy the 2020, if it fits his needs.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm going to look into the 2020 truck that is available. Perhaps there is some more head room on the pricing.
Sponsored